S2000 Racing and Competition The S2000 on the track and Solo circuit. Some of the fastest S2000 drivers in the world call this forum home.

Hoosier A6 tire pressure?

Old 05-26-2006, 11:32 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hoosier A6 tire pressure?

I've been running 35f/31r on the Hoosier S03s - what have you been keeping the A6's at? This is on a 2000 model year car for AS.

I just got some mounted and will be trying them out for the first time this weekend.

Thanks,

Etgar
Old 05-26-2006, 01:08 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just ordered a set of A6s so I would be interested in hearing your settings. FYI, TireRack is stating that the A6s need less tire pressures than the A5s due to the more rounded profile.
Old 05-28-2006, 07:18 PM

Hoosier actually says to run lower pressures in the A6 vs. the A3S05. In the A3S04 and S05 I ran starting pressures of 44/38 f/r, counting on about a 2 psi rise. With the A6 I have settled in on a run starting pressure of 38/32. Seems to work well.

Steve
Old 05-30-2006, 07:51 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I ran with the same pressures as I did on the A3S03 - 35f/31r - felt great - even temps across the fronts, 10 degree variation in back - higher inside to lower outside.

The tires are significantly heavier than the old A3S03's - but I guess steel belts will do that.

Etgar
Old 06-20-2006, 07:20 AM

I ran 245/275 A6s at 37 front and 35 rear cold. Worked well and they only got a little greasy on the final run (on a 90 degree day) with no between run adjustments. Based on the wear and feel (car had more oversteer than usual), I'm going to try 36 front and 33 rear at the Pro Solo this weekend.

Anyone else?
Old 06-20-2006, 09:14 AM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Pete (Tubedriver) and I were discussing this at our last event recently.

First, a disclaimer. I have always run on R compounds before, so this was my first event on A compounds.

On R compounds, I'd run something like 37 or 38 front and 35 rear before I put on a Saner bar. With the Saner bar, I ran the rears 3 or 4 pounds higher.

Last year, Greg Obadia was running A3S05s and he said he was running about 40 or so front and 45 or so rear, so I tried that w/ my new set of A6.

I scuffed them before the event and they performed beautifully. Only a little bit of slippage on the first run and they didn't even squeal during the other 3 runs which makes me thing I could have pushed harder but I've never been on A compounds before. I couldn't believe how much of a difference there was in levels of grip between the A and the R compounds.

I was happy with my pressures throughout the event and didn't change them at all. Now I just have to tighten up my performance.

Warren
Old 06-21-2006, 07:25 AM

Originally Posted by WarrenW,Jun 20 2006, 12:14 PM
Pete (Tubedriver) and I were discussing this at our last event recently.

First, a disclaimer. I have always run on R compounds before, so this was my first event on A compounds.

On R compounds, I'd run something like 37 or 38 front and 35 rear before I put on a Saner bar. With the Saner bar, I ran the rears 3 or 4 pounds higher.

Last year, Greg Obadia was running A3S05s and he said he was running about 40 or so front and 45 or so rear, so I tried that w/ my new set of A6.

I scuffed them before the event and they performed beautifully. Only a little bit of slippage on the first run and they didn't even squeal during the other 3 runs which makes me thing I could have pushed harder but I've never been on A compounds before. I couldn't believe how much of a difference there was in levels of grip between the A and the R compounds.

I was happy with my pressures throughout the event and didn't change them at all. Now I just have to tighten up my performance.

Warren
Warren,
Since we are running different sizes 225/265 vs 245/275) there may be some differences but I wonder if you could come down a bit. My pressures were about 3 lbs less in front and 10 lbs less in the rear (cold).

Hoosier does recoommned lower pressures for the A6.

Still, if your tires are not getting greasy at those higher pressures, I have plenty of cushion at my settings. I felt a bit more oversteer (felt like my old AP1) so in some regard it felt better (more tossable).

How was the overall balance with your car and the A6s set to your settings?
Old 06-22-2006, 07:08 PM

Originally Posted by TubeDriver,Jun 21 2006, 10:25 AM
Still, if your tires are not getting greasy at those higher pressures, I have plenty of cushion at my settings. I felt a bit more oversteer (felt like my old AP1) so in some regard it felt better (more tossable).

How was the overall balance with your car and the A6s set to your settings?
The balance felt very good, not greasy even once. I only oversteered a little once, coming out of that showcase turn (my fault, got on the power a little early). But this was my first event of the year (I missed the 1st DC Region event) and I think I have problems w/ my swaybar endlinks. However, you DID finish 3/10ths faster than I did (you took 4th, I took 6th) so maybe YOU have the right set up.

Warren
Old 06-23-2006, 07:13 AM

Originally Posted by WarrenW,Jun 22 2006, 10:08 PM
The balance felt very good, not greasy even once. I only oversteered a little once, coming out of that showcase turn (my fault, got on the power a little early). But this was my first event of the year (I missed the 1st DC Region event) and I think I have problems w/ my swaybar endlinks. However, you DID finish 3/10ths faster than I did (you took 4th, I took 6th) so maybe YOU have the right set up.

Warren
You running in the Pro Solo this weekend?
Old 06-23-2006, 07:38 AM

No, I'm helping out during the 12hrs At The Point. I'm dying to go road racing, so I'm hoping to meet some people there while I'm working.

Warren

Quick Reply: Hoosier A6 tire pressure?