S2000 Racing and Competition The S2000 on the track and Solo circuit. Some of the fastest S2000 drivers in the world call this forum home.

Help Me Diagnose Suspension Issue - Edit: Problem solved- 1 tire very low on pressure

Old 06-05-2014, 08:32 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Was just informed by Ckit I have lost my R&C cred, and I have been relegated to the "Street Encounters" subforum. bahahahAHAHhahahahah
Old 06-05-2014, 08:33 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Funny story - exact same PSI for me just driver side tire. Noticed the exact opposite thing. Go figure.

Noob Club doing it big. Welcome to the team Nick!
Old 06-05-2014, 08:36 PM

Originally Posted by Sebring AP1
Funny story - exact same PSI for me just driver side tire. Noticed the exact opposite thing. Go figure.

Noob Club doing it big. Welcome to the team Nick!
Hahaha too funny!!! These damn high performance street tires are owning us!

Ok, so let's analyze the physics behind the yaw moments we encountered... Effective wheel rate dropping, and contact patch dynamically changing, exxagerating the cornering force changes generated by toein/toeout under compression and extension...
Old 06-06-2014, 04:26 AM

I'm glad it was something simple to find and fix! Even tho you have resolved the problem, I thought I would put in another possible cause for someone that reads this thread in the future. haha

I had a problem where under deceleration, mainly braking, my car would rotate to the left (counter-clockwise) and it was a front left wheel bearing. I sure would have preferred your cause/fix over mine.
Old 06-06-2014, 07:16 AM
Community Organizer

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

Lol Nick! cmon bud!
Old 06-06-2014, 08:46 AM

Received 39 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by Sebring AP1
It was a tire that went flat for me. Oddly enough flat RS3 look inflated. lol.
I had a Z1 Star Spec violently blow out on the highway and the only change was a little pulling on/off throttle. Practically run-flats!
Old 06-06-2014, 10:12 AM

Originally Posted by Forcednduckshn
Something something street tires.....something something Hoosiers. Now let's all argue
Old 06-06-2014, 04:43 PM

32psi all around, and the balance has been RESTORED

Thanks guys, lesson learned here - stiff sidewall tires need to have their pressure checked even if they don't look flat!

Originally Posted by daverx7
I'm glad it was something simple to find and fix! Even tho you have resolved the problem, I thought I would put in another possible cause for someone that reads this thread in the future. haha

I had a problem where under deceleration, mainly braking, my car would rotate to the left (counter-clockwise) and it was a front left wheel bearing. I sure would have preferred your cause/fix over mine.
Me too

Originally Posted by iamxpL
Lol Nick! cmon bud!
OH:

Originally Posted by ViperASR
Originally Posted by Forcednduckshn' timestamp='1402029367' post='23192174
Something something street tires.....something something Hoosiers. Now let's all argue
Hey I loves me some street tuurrs1!!
Old 06-08-2014, 11:56 AM

Received 98 Likes on 73 Posts

Wat.

There needs to be a new rule in the R & C forum. No asking any question about anything until you have double checked your tire pressure. Glad you got it resolved. You may have a bit of a leak though.

I had a full on sidewall puncture in the mountains on RE-11A at speed, I think I could have driven all the way back home with no pressure in the tire.
Old 06-09-2014, 07:38 AM

Originally Posted by andrewhake
Wat.

There needs to be a new rule in the R & C forum. No asking any question about anything until you have double checked your tire pressure. Glad you got it resolved. You may have a bit of a leak though.

I had a full on sidewall puncture in the mountains on RE-11A at speed, I think I could have driven all the way back home with no pressure in the tire.
Thanks bud. LOL honestly that rule is not a bad idea. I was SHOCKED at how low it was on the reading. Visually looking at it just sitting in a parking lot, it looked equally filled with air compared to all of the other tires. Mind was blown.

You are right, I think I may have a very slow leak. I listened after filling it, and couldn't hear anything. It may be one of those very tiny leaks near a rim bead. I am going to do the water test to check for bubbles next.

Wow, glad you didn't lose the car with the RE-11A puncture! The sidewall construction of these tires are great, heck, they almost function like run flats. Pretty awesome.