S2000 Racing and Competition The S2000 on the track and Solo circuit. Some of the fastest S2000 drivers in the world call this forum home.

Hard dog roll bar question

Old 04-18-2012, 09:37 PM
TWF

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by nos4you
You cant bolt the stock hoops anymore can you? And also the secret compartment bolts on to the bulkhead. So using that bar is out of the question.
I have not looked at hoops close but if I remember from taking them out plastic cover is not attached to them, is that correct? If yes you could still put covers on car for look.
Now I am thinking I may get rid of bulkhead all together and build my own bar for seat belts.
Just bought hard top also and am thinking of getting soft top out of the car. Do you track guys with hard top take soft top out?
Old 04-18-2012, 10:00 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

thanks for posting the pics!!! thats going to help a lot.

regarding the bulk head.. a lot of people just cut them in half so they can run a harness on the driver side and oem belts on pass side.. ive been leaving it in the customers cars that ive installed the bar in and it fits fine. it would just get in the way when they plan to run a harness.

i am in the process of making a bulk head replacement. im playing with a few different designs. i just want to make sure its safe before i start selling it.
Old 04-19-2012, 03:48 AM

Originally Posted by TWF
Why is that?
By accident I did not unplug them but it was close
Your airbags lights (SRS) will turn on and it's a pain to have it reset. If you have to unhook it just make sure your battery is disconnected.
Old 04-19-2012, 06:35 AM

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by rockstar garage

regarding the bulk head.. a lot of people just cut them in half so they can run a harness on the driver side and oem belts on pass side.. ive been leaving it in the customers cars that ive installed the bar in and it fits fine. it would just get in the way when they plan to run a harness.

i am in the process of making a bulk head replacement. im playing with a few different designs. i just want to make sure its safe before i start selling it.
You have any pictures of what you cut away on the bulkhead? Was it just a portion on the top or the whole drivers side?
Old 04-19-2012, 07:12 AM
TWF

Originally Posted by Uncoolron
Your airbags lights (SRS) will turn on and it's a pain to have it reset. If you have to unhook it just make sure your battery is disconnected.
Thanks for tip.
Old 04-19-2012, 03:20 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by slowd16
Originally Posted by rockstar garage' timestamp='1334815252' post='21622314

You have any pictures of what you cut away on the bulkhead? Was it just a portion on the top or the whole drivers side?

most people seriously just make one cut down the middle and keep the passenger side bolted in.. then replace the driver side when you are running oem belts..

i dont mind 6pt harness' for a daily.. lol.
Old 04-19-2012, 03:58 PM

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Old 04-19-2012, 04:00 PM

Originally Posted by nos4you
Originally Posted by f20kills' timestamp='1334799273' post='21621767
My harddog does NOT fit with stock hoops AND guide on the roll bar. I had to notch my hoop to make it fit because of the guideon the roll bar. Does zdan have the guide?
If you ordered the roll bar without the guides, do you think the stock roll hoops w/ belt guide would fit?
I dont have the car at my house right now to confirm (I haz tEh baaad memory lol)but I want to say yes, it will work without the guide on the hoop.
Old 04-19-2012, 04:26 PM

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by f20kills

thanks that helps a lot so it goes in and out with the bar in place?
Old 04-19-2012, 04:30 PM

yes

Quick Reply: Hard dog roll bar question