S2000 Racing and Competition The S2000 on the track and Solo circuit. Some of the fastest S2000 drivers in the world call this forum home.

Halo Seats Part II

Old 08-18-2015, 10:42 AM

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Keep in mind when one user says they 'FIT' doesnt mean it will fit in your driving position. My Sabelt would "fit" if it were in the position of that sparco posted above but at 6' tall my seat is about 5 inches further back, and had to notch the halo to fit my HT.

Also keep in mind there is no standard at all with the measurements so one seats 30" may be another seats 33". Same idea as a 255 tire. Its a general guide but we all know section widths of tires do not match their sidewall size. Ive sat in tons of seats, some with similar dimensions. Some fit great and other not at all. If you can't sit in them before you buy you taking a shot in the dark.

IMO If you are putting a halo seat in the car, you are undertaking a huge project and should have already done so to prep the rest of the car. Shaving the trans tunnel/seat/HT should be expected and par for the course. Find a seat that fits your anatomy, and then just make it work after that. These seats are for race cars and serious track cars. If you can't handle the above, Id advise leaving it to the professionals.
Old 08-18-2015, 09:05 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

This winter I will be fitting the following seat into my s2000
https://www.ultrashieldrace.com/cata...-Halo-Seat/166

Old 08-19-2015, 03:26 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I fit the omp halo posted above in my car, we had to trim a little metal off the tunnel, no biggie.
Old 08-20-2015, 04:30 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Here are the pics:
NOTE: I could have done a cleaner job on the cutting, but didnt want to spend to much time on it. Also, after a few cuts and seeing that it was still touching, i said screw it and just cut bigger.

Im 6"3 so im as far back as I can get it. The top of the seat is touching the roll bar. I will have to see what I will need to do with the HT, might have to notch it out.

Otherwise, the I had to cut the door panel and cut the vinyl at the tranny tunnel, but did not have to dent it.

Im in E class for RTA so I have to keep the interior.
Old 08-31-2015, 09:00 PM
bdo

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by BoostedE21
Here are the pics:
NOTE: I could have done a cleaner job on the cutting, but didnt want to spend to much time on it. Also, after a few cuts and seeing that it was still touching, i said screw it and just cut bigger.

Im 6"3 so im as far back as I can get it. The top of the seat is touching the roll bar. I will have to see what I will need to do with the HT, might have to notch it out.

Otherwise, the I had to cut the door panel and cut the vinyl at the tranny tunnel, but did not have to dent it.

Im in E class for RTA so I have to keep the interior.
Thanks for posting this! Putting this seat on my short list.
Since you mentioned your are 6'3", how is the leg room with this seat compared to stock? How's the width on this seat? And, are the shoulder belt holes at the proper height?
Also, what rails/mounts did you use?
Old 09-01-2015, 06:05 AM

Anytime, hope it helps.

Leg room wise, I feel I could have a few more inches, but it was the same with the stock seat. Sitting lower really helps, so the Recaro PP and this seat feels great.

The shoulder holes are at the perfect height once you remove the bottom cushion. The cushion on this seat is REALLY thick and makes you sit much higher. I am using the Recaro PP's cushions (which are two pieces) and feels better as I sit lower. When I race, Ill take at the "butt"cushion (furthest back one) and just keep the "leg" (front one). This supports my legs and you sit lower.

Over all, the seat feels really good.

For rails, Im using the F1 Spec low rails, they are basically the BC low rails.

NOTE: I modified the HT a bit where the halo touches. Had to shave it down, cut into it. Turned out nicely, but ill need to go back in for a second shaving as its still touching a tiny bit.
Old 09-01-2015, 09:07 AM

Received 80 Likes on 60 Posts

You can remove the HT head liner pretty easily without destroying it
Old 09-01-2015, 12:27 PM

Its easier to notch the HT. Plus, couldn't that affect the structural integrity of the HT?
Old 09-01-2015, 01:43 PM

Received 80 Likes on 60 Posts

I'm guessing when you say notch the HT you mean you are notching the soft liner above your head right? that whole thing pulls out as once piece, I took it out of mine and got enough room to prevent my helmet from touching
Old 09-01-2015, 05:41 PM

I guess you can call it that. Its where the halo touches the side of the HT. I have not yet sat in the seat with my helmet on.

Quick Reply: Halo Seats Part II