S2000 Racing and Competition The S2000 on the track and Solo circuit. Some of the fastest S2000 drivers in the world call this forum home.

GoPro camera mount

Old 06-14-2011, 11:00 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Mocky
you can use the modify mount but i also bought the gopro tripod attachment so i don't use the adhesive on it.

you can also suction cup to the windshield...

outside, honestly, i was not that impressed with the amount of wind noise i had ... i'm going to gingerman next month and still debating on what to do about the camera... i was really disappointed with how much windnoise it generated when it was mounted outside
I did the ziptie thing to the toe hook, running the waterproof back. Worked pretty well.

See you at wmhm :wavey:
Old 06-14-2011, 12:40 PM

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

you can use the modify mount but i also bought the gopro tripod attachment so i don't use the adhesive on it.

outside, honestly, i was not that impressed with the amount of wind noise i had ... i'm going to gingerman next month and still debating on what to do about the camera... i was really disappointed with how much windnoise it generated when it was mounted outside
What sound setting were you using and was it the open or closed back?
Old 06-14-2011, 01:09 PM

Originally Posted by aCab
Originally Posted by DiscoWagon' timestamp='1308074513' post='20681688
How is it? I've thought about getting one as my rollbar is going in next week and need an alternative to the Modifry mount.
As long as the arm for the double socket isn't too long, it's solid as a rock.
Old 06-15-2011, 04:58 AM
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Received 148 Likes on 119 Posts

Originally Posted by slowd16
Originally Posted by Mocky' timestamp='1308077836' post='20681975

What sound setting were you using and was it the open or closed back?

closed back.

i had it here one time and yeah.... it was unusable... (well, the video was good, the audio was horrendous)

Old 06-15-2011, 04:59 AM
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Received 148 Likes on 119 Posts

Originally Posted by aCab
Originally Posted by Mocky' timestamp='1308077836' post='20681975

I did the ziptie thing to the toe hook, running the waterproof back. Worked pretty well.

See you at wmhm :wavey:

for sure.. see you next month !
Old 06-15-2011, 04:39 PM

i used the 3m sticky on my glove box as well. its shoots my hands legs head and the whole windshield which is just what i wanted
Old 06-15-2011, 07:36 PM

I use the GoPro harness bar clamp-type mount attached to the stock roll hoop on the passenger side. Works well.

Here's a screenshot at Buttonwillow before I got my seat/harness and ripped out my interior:

Old 06-16-2011, 12:19 PM

I use the modifry mount for mine but it seems to not adjust the the brightness correctly because it'll balance for interior and then outside will be over-exposed. Does anyone know how to fix that?
Old 06-16-2011, 02:04 PM

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by ericshun
I use the modifry mount for mine but it seems to not adjust the the brightness correctly because it'll balance for interior and then outside will be over-exposed. Does anyone know how to fix that?
first page, right side, 3rd item down, Choosing exposure settings: http://gopro.com/wp-content/uploads/...ENG-110110.pdf
Old 06-16-2011, 04:42 PM

it does have a setting...look on the manual they give you (however small it is)...I remember I set mine back a couple years ago either low frequency or high frequency something like that...the manual tells you what to set it for and honestly w/that set the wind noise is pretty damn good

Quick Reply: GoPro camera mount