S2000 Racing and Competition The S2000 on the track and Solo circuit. Some of the fastest S2000 drivers in the world call this forum home.

ENKEI WHEEL "GROUP BUY" FEELER THREAD

Old 06-18-2012, 05:35 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

NT03+M 17x10 +42-45 - Prefer concave face like the +40 offset wheels
1) VitaRenovatio - 2 sets
2) psychoazn - 1 set
3) CKit - 1 set
4) f20kills - 1 to 2 sets
5) ddess - 1 set
6) spunkysandoval - 1 set if concave face is possible
7) bullwings - 1 set +43ish offset (prefer silver or whatever is cheaper - convex face preferred if cheaper and will clear bbk)
8) afzan - 1 set, if concave and silver +45
9) S2k007 - 1 set, if concave. Silver but prefer at least 45 offset
10) Uncoolron - 1 set (Hyper Black or Gunmetal)
11) random hero- 1 set
12) s20009K - 1 set if its NT03+M 17x10 +42-45 concave faces

RPF1 17x9 +60-63
1) IntegraR0064 - 1, possibly 2 sets, prefer matte bronze like the SR6, but would consider SBC, black, or gold
2) oinojo - 1 set, prefer silver
3) arggg45- 1 set - prefer gold, but game for anything that isn't black.
4) sirbunz- 1 set black or maybe sliver
5) josh7owens- 1 set black or silver
6) Zeus2k - 1 set prefer black... silver ok
7) xraymd, 1set black or silver, whichever is cheaper
8) Mistlynx, 1 set silver
9) thebiz - 1 set, silver
10) Legion - 1 set, black or possibly silver
11) roho - 17x9 +63 prefer black
12) elksman - silver or SBC
13) daverx7 - 1 set... maybe 2 depending on the price (SBC, gunmetal, or black)
14) aristoi - 1 set prefer SBC, then silver, then black.
Old 06-19-2012, 08:07 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 29 Likes on 24 Posts

S2ki...

You guys are EPIC! Thank you so much for keep the list going and making changes to what works and what does not. I know THMotorsports is not positing much but we are listening here.

After speaking with my contact for ENKEI custom wheel setup it's clear that ENKEI wants to do something for us here. We are looking to make this wheel specific to THMotorsports here and only available through us. With that said, Enkei CAN NOT do any of the popular sizing we have listed here with those wheels. ENKEI is considering other options to offer S2Ki. What is the reason for this? Not sure. Looking to get details. But this is NOT DEAD in the water. They are considering all options for S2Ki and like this thread. Hopefully we can get something going soon!

On another note, I have reached out to two difference wheel companies. Which will remain nameless at this time due to there request at this time, who are watching this thread very closely for custom wheel options that are an economically sound wheel made for purchase. What I will say is that they are very reputable and they have an awesome manufacturing process.

THMotorsports is not going to walk away from this. If ENKEI can not deliver, we WILL find another perfect wheel for the S2Ki people. All options are still up for grabs.

My recommendations is, put up pictures on what works with fitment specifications. What BBK kit is used as well is important. Is fender modification needed? and if so, how much? Keep this going guys because people are watching.

Thank you for your time!
Old 06-19-2012, 08:43 AM

Originally Posted by THMotorsports
After speaking with my contact for ENKEI custom wheel setup it's clear that ENKEI wants to do something for us here. ... With that said, Enkei CAN NOT do any of the popular sizing we have listed here with those wheels. ENKEI is considering other options to offer S2Ki.

THMotorsports is not going to walk away from this. If ENKEI can not deliver, we WILL find another perfect wheel for the S2Ki people. All options are still up for grabs.
quote snipped for brevity.

Waitasec here. That confused me. You're saying that Enkei wants to provide a wheel for S2KI, and you want to sell us that wheel, just not the one we want?

This thread had such promise.....
Old 06-19-2012, 08:47 AM

Received 613 Likes on 428 Posts

Originally Posted by VitaRenovatio
Chris (f20kills) told me that the 17x9.5 +44 will clear Brembo BBK's. The 17x9.5 +38 would give you even more clearance for even bigger BBK's (possibly by 6mm). The 17x10 should be based off the +38 design, maximizing BBK compatibility. For example, if you took a 17x9.5 +38 and added half inch to the inside barrel, you would end up with a 17x10 +45, but the caliper clearance would remain exactly the same as the 17x9.5 +38.

Picture of 17x9.5 +44 with Brembo BBK:
Repasting this as a reply to THmotorsports. This is a picture of the 17x9.5 +44 clearing a set of stoptechs w/o a spacer. Fender mods for this are essentially a roll with slight pull and bumper tab relocation. Most guys who are running the rpf-1 in 17x9 +45 have already done this. I'm running 17x9 +48 and will clear a 275 tire on the rear if I decided to pinch that on the rim - not doing that though. I believe a 17x10 +44 with the same face would require little modification to the cast mold and clear a bbk too.

Also, part of the push for this specific wheel is strength. We don't want to bend wheels at the track. The rpf-1 has a notorious reputation for being a very weak wheel. This the reason for the push toward the NTO3+M design.

As for the 17x9 +60 rpf-1 that the second group wants... I let them deal with that.
Old 06-19-2012, 09:02 AM

Let me make sure I understand. Enkei wants to build us a wheel that isn't in the sizes we want? That's really economically sound..../sarcasm

It's easy to know what fits for the STR crowd. 17x9 +60 to 63. As for BBK fitment, I'll let someone with a BBK speak to it.
Old 06-19-2012, 10:43 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

On another note, I have reached out to two difference wheel companies. Which will remain nameless at this time due to there request at this time, who are watching this thread very closely for custom wheel options that are an economically sound wheel made for purchase. What I will say is that they are very reputable and they have an awesome manufacturing process.

My recommendations is, put up pictures on what works with fitment specifications. What BBK kit is used as well is important. Is fender modification needed? and if so, how much? Keep this going guys because people are watching.

Specific size needed for my "STR" application ... 17x9 +60-63mm

Clearance issues:

Front Brakes (wilwood dynalight kit found here ... https://www.s2ki.com/s2000/topic/940...gal-brake-kit/)

Wheels tested:

AP1 OEM, AP2 OEM v1, 949 Racing 6ULR ... clear no spacers required.
Enkei PF01 requires 5mm spacer to clear, TR Motorsport F3 requires 7mm spacer to clear.

-Marc
Old 06-19-2012, 12:20 PM

If you're looking into other manufacturers, see if Kosei can make their K4R as a 17x9 with a +60-63 offset.
Old 06-19-2012, 01:52 PM

Received 613 Likes on 428 Posts

Originally Posted by xraymd
Originally Posted by THMotorsports' timestamp='1340122062' post='21794066

If you're looking into other manufacturers, see if Kosei can make their K4R as a 17x9 with a +60-63 offset.
I can count at least 3 or 4 low cost options for 17x9 +60 to +63. There's the pf-01, TR motorsports C3, TSW nurburgring, and there was the 949 ulr. There's no point in that specific wheel being made unless it weighs less than 16 pounds, which is what all the str auto-x people want, hence the push specifically for the rpf-1, since it's light. Don't bother with something else unless you can get it under 16 pounds, if not, buy one of the other three wheels listed.

For the first group of people, we do not have even ONE wheel in this size/fitment (17x10 +42 to +45) other than volks and other custom $3000+ brands.
Old 06-19-2012, 01:59 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I think its pretty obvious why they can't offer the NT03s in 17x10 +45 with a concave face. That would require a whole new face/mold. Only reason they are offering the nt03s in 17x9.5+55 in the other thread is because they already make that size wheel, just a different offset.
Old 06-19-2012, 02:12 PM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by arggg45
It's easy to know what fits for the STR crowd. 17x9 +60 to 63. As for BBK fitment, I'll let someone with a BBK speak to it.
And either pretty lightweight and decently inexpensive like the RPF1, like in the 15-17 lb range and $200-$300 each (Which would be my preference), or something that can compete against the Volks while being cheaper also could have a market (like maybe in the 14-15 lb range at $400 each or something, like the buddy club QF1 was).

That was my main draw to the RPF1, the weight. There are some cheap 17x9 +63 options but as mentioned earlier they're kinda heavy.

Quick Reply: ENKEI WHEEL "GROUP BUY" FEELER THREAD