S2000 Racing and Competition The S2000 on the track and Solo circuit. Some of the fastest S2000 drivers in the world call this forum home.

elda bar location vs. stock hoops?

Old 09-17-2004, 09:28 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default elda bar location vs. stock hoops?

Trying to reach Wael, but can't seem to get him on the phone or via email, so will ask all of you:

What is the location of the Elda Bar (main hoop) in relation to the stock hoops? How far above/in front/behind does the bar sit? I'd like to mock it up somehow before I get the bar, make sure I feel it is safe on the street, too. I know the seat travel will eb a bit of an issue, but I am 5'11" on a good day, and suffer more from girth issues than height...

BTW, I joined S2Ki. Good resource, and appreciate your help.
Old 09-17-2004, 09:32 AM

Originally Posted by stedge,Sep 17 2004, 10:28 AM
Trying to reach Wael, but can't seem to get him on the phone or via email, so will ask all of you:

What is the location of the Elda Bar (main hoop) in relation to the stock hoops? How far above/in front/behind does the bar sit? I'd like to mock it up somehow before I get the bar, make sure I feel it is safe on the street, too. I know the seat travel will eb a bit of an issue, but I am 5'11" on a good day, and suffer more from girth issues than height...

BTW, I joined S2Ki. Good resource, and appreciate your help.
I used to be 5'11"... back when I was under 250 lbs. The seat travel doesn't bother me.

The elda bar is approximately 2-3 inches in front of the stock roll hoop plastic and roughly the same height above the stock hoops. When I'm sitting in the driver's seat, I can reach the center diagonal support with my head if I really try and stretch. Obviously, in an impact, you'll move a lot more.
Old 09-17-2004, 09:44 AM

Yeah - I actually sit closer than most, I think. Fairly upright, close enough so my wrists are at the level of the wheel with my arms stretched out comfortably (a PCA senior instructor suggested this). Probably 2-3 clicks anterior to the most posterior setting (bottom slide), and the seat tilted a little but not a lot. I suspect I can fit comfortably with the bar - just doing my best to investigate before I go cutting any metal, if my head is likely to nail the bar if I'm in an accident on the street. That would be suboptimal...

So, according to your measurements, the leading edge of the bar and lower edge of the bar are at those locations, or are you talking about the center/axis of the bar? I am assuming edges. And did you measure or are the numbers a guesstimate?

Thanks, again.
Old 09-17-2004, 09:48 AM

Originally Posted by stedge,Sep 17 2004, 10:44 AM
So, according to your measurements, the leading edge of the bar and lower edge of the bar are at those locations, or are you talking about the center/axis of the bar? I am assuming edges. And did you measure or are the numbers a guesstimate?

Thanks, again.
I think "guesstimate" would be overstating the accuracy of the numbers. The car is at home, so I can't get you measurements until tonight at the earliest. Maybe someone else has those numbers handy.
Old 09-17-2004, 10:05 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Here are some pics that might help. Car is at home so can't measure now. The stock hoops are uncovered.