S2000 Racing and Competition The S2000 on the track and Solo circuit. Some of the fastest S2000 drivers in the world call this forum home.

Dunlop Direzza ZII

Old 03-21-2014, 03:32 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by sillyboybmxer
i dont think there is an rs4.
v2 rs-3 is made to comply with the 200tw rating so I bet its around for a 2yrs at least
The old RS3 was changed to 200TW last year.

The new RS3 is supposed to be updated for improved cold/wet performance, and longevity. Using some of the new compound technologies that were used in tires like the Z2 and BFG Rival, and, if you've followed Hankook for very long, it's no surprise they're the slowpokes in that.
Old 03-21-2014, 04:42 AM

Received 30 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by RyanDavies
Originally Posted by sillyboybmxer' timestamp='1395279520' post='23071477
i dont think there is an rs4.
v2 rs-3 is made to comply with the 200tw rating so I bet its around for a 2yrs at least
The old RS3 was changed to 200TW last year.

The new RS3 is supposed to be updated for improved cold/wet performance, and longevity. Using some of the new compound technologies that were used in tires like the Z2 and BFG Rival, and, if you've followed Hankook for very long, it's no surprise they're the slowpokes in that.
That is true about the treadwear rating but I highly doubt they will come out with a successor already or anytime soon. If I put my money on it...rs3 v2 is here for a while.
Old 03-21-2014, 07:26 AM

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts

The rs3 v2 is the Sam compound just that they changed the rating. If you mix the old and the new its fine. Its on the tire rack web site
Old 03-21-2014, 08:03 AM

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by boyguan
The rs3 v2 is the Sam compound just that they changed the rating. If you mix the old and the new its fine. Its on the tire rack web site
^This is wrong. During 2012, Hankook Tire changed the Uniform Tire Quality Grade (UTQG) Treadwear rating of their Ventus R-S3 Z222 Extreme Performance Summer tire but this is NOT the VERSION 2. V2 will be out sometime in April as noted below.

"Here's what I can confirm on the Hankook R-S3 as of today. The tread pattern and sidewall of the tire will remain the same, only the compound is being revised for improved wet and low temp traction. We (Tire Rack) will identify the tire as R-S3 Version 2. Since the sidewall and tire label will not change, the key identifier will be the four digit build date on the sidewall of the tire. Any R-S3's produced in 2014 (XX14) are Version 2 tires with the enhanced compound.

Production is under way now and we expect a wide range of sizes to arrive via container shipments in April. Hankook is fully aware of the SCCA Solo requirements and we expect them to make the April 30th cut-off barring some unforeseen issue. The tires can be ordered currently by contacting us via phone and requesting the Version 2 or online after they appear later this week" - Tire Rack
Old 03-21-2014, 08:14 AM
Community Organizer

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

hmmmmm, these will probably be sold out asap.
Old 03-21-2014, 11:48 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Just saw something on Facebook saying the Z2's will be done over here. A copy and paste from the post-
"Originally posted by Jonathan Lugod-
Dunlop ZII - Discontinued
These tires are now discontinued. I do have pretty good stock on most sizes at this time but they may sell out before the end of the race season. If you need these you may want to purchase them early.
The Replacement which is currently available in Japan is the Dunlop ZII Star Spec. It will not be available here until November/December. This is why no more standard ZII's will be produced as they want to sell out.
GET EM WHILE ITS HOT!"

I guess get them while you can! Also, RS3 prices only a few dollars off from the Z2's along with the RE-11A and Rivals. When the hell did tires get so expensive! Glad I got spare Z2's and a new set of Rivals last year.
Old 03-21-2014, 03:02 PM

Received 30 Likes on 27 Posts

that might actually be true! they are on "closeout" now WTF
i swear dunlop and hankook are in bed togetheer.
first Kooks cant be found for months and now the zii is done right when the new Kook is available
Old 03-21-2014, 03:48 PM

I'm curious if the Z2 star specs will be faster than the z2. Hmmmm
Old 03-21-2014, 07:40 PM
Former Moderator

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I just want them to be less peaky!
Old 03-21-2014, 08:17 PM

Originally Posted by matt96ex
Just saw something on Facebook saying the Z2's will be done over here. A copy and paste from the post-
"Originally posted by Jonathan Lugod-
Dunlop ZII - Discontinued
These tires are now discontinued. I do have pretty good stock on most sizes at this time but they may sell out before the end of the race season. If you need these you may want to purchase them early.
The Replacement which is currently available in Japan is the Dunlop ZII Star Spec. It will not be available here until November/December. This is why no more standard ZII's will be produced as they want to sell out.
GET EM WHILE ITS HOT!"

I guess get them while you can! Also, RS3 prices only a few dollars off from the Z2's along with the RE-11A and Rivals. When the hell did tires get so expensive! Glad I got spare Z2's and a new set of Rivals last year.
Wow, I just did a LOT of reading from page 1 but didn't see what I was looking for. lol. Can anybody chime in if I can run the Z2 (225) for the front while having Z1(255) for rear? My rear tires basically still have 80-85% thread left but fronts needs to be replaced. Kind of hesitant to buy a set of four when rear tires still got plenty of meat. From what I've read they seem to be pretty similar so I'm guessing it would be okay but still would like some expert opinions.

Also, I see that these are now discontinued and are in close out in Tire Rack as I was looking to buy so I'm also trying to decide if I should just stretch it out and wait for the ZII Star Spec?

Thanks!

Quick Reply: Dunlop Direzza ZII