S2000 Racing and Competition The S2000 on the track and Solo circuit. Some of the fastest S2000 drivers in the world call this forum home.

Dunlop Direzza ZII

Old 04-21-2013, 03:30 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well you've lost straight line grip with the increased camber...so that's probably it. Why would you want to full throttle in standing water anyway...
Old 04-21-2013, 03:43 AM
Former Moderator

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by praisedprod
I recently changed my alignment after a corner balance and I'm noticing a lot more hydroplaning and instability in the rear at 60 mph+
in standing water. The camber before in the rear was 2.2 1/8th tow and I now have 2.8 1/8 tow. I think the gain in the dry is negligible compared to loss in the wet.
Before the alignment, in standing water i could full throttle without any instability.
Im thinking i might try somewhere in the middle of those two settings .
Are you talking about highway street driving or motorsport?
Old 04-22-2013, 06:56 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I can't work these tires out yet but when you get them right they are fast as hell.

I usualy bleed to 36/37psi after a track session but for these I'm going to 35psi

for autocross I migth start around 35psi and bleed each corner to 37psi as they come up
These tires will go to 40+psi in 2 runs? And they seem to come on halfway thru the first run

I'm a little concerned our chumpcar won't be able to keep these tires from overheating or last a race like the old ones
Old 04-22-2013, 07:45 AM

Originally Posted by CKit
Originally Posted by praisedprod' timestamp='1366399173' post='22485721
I recently changed my alignment after a corner balance and I'm noticing a lot more hydroplaning and instability in the rear at 60 mph+
in standing water. The camber before in the rear was 2.2 1/8th tow and I now have 2.8 1/8 tow. I think the gain in the dry is negligible compared to loss in the wet.
Before the alignment, in standing water i could full throttle without any instability.
Im thinking i might try somewhere in the middle of those two settings .
Are you talking about highway street driving or motorsport?
Both my car is not a dedicated track car or a daily driver.
Old 04-22-2013, 07:50 AM

Originally Posted by Mezza
Well you've lost straight line grip with the increased camber...so that's probably it. Why would you want to full throttle in standing water anyway...
Well I wouldn't, just using that as example. I prefer the feel of these with less camber I think. They were better than my z1 in the wet till I increased the camber
Old 04-22-2013, 09:07 AM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Anybody done pyrometer testing to see what temperature levels these tires fall off? We've been plagued by cold so it's hard to really tell but it seems like around 100 degrees or so with a probe they start getting greasier mid-run. I'm very worried about prosolos in the heat and the tires being useless 3rd and 4th run.

Again we've had very limited experience being able to get the tires up to those temperatures so I'm curious what the experience of people in warmer climates has been.

I will say the tires feel great at pretty cool 80-90 degree temperatures. Still not sure they're better than Z1's, but at least I don't think they're worse overall.
Old 05-31-2013, 06:05 PM
Community Organizer

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

well i just joined the band wagon. i got a set of 245 f and 255 rear running in RTR. should i inflate the fronts more to keep the integrity of the side walls since they are being pinched or should i just run even pressures? please help a noob. thank you.
Old 05-31-2013, 10:00 PM

Originally Posted by IntegraR0064
Anybody done pyrometer testing to see what temperature levels these tires fall off? We've been plagued by cold so it's hard to really tell but it seems like around 100 degrees or so with a probe they start getting greasier mid-run. I'm very worried about prosolos in the heat and the tires being useless 3rd and 4th run.

Again we've had very limited experience being able to get the tires up to those temperatures so I'm curious what the experience of people in warmer climates has been.

I will say the tires feel great at pretty cool 80-90 degree temperatures. Still not sure they're better than Z1's, but at least I don't think they're worse overall.
I answered my own question. Testing at Lincoln showed a big dropoff if the run started over about 115-120 degrees.
Old 06-09-2013, 03:32 PM
Community Organizer

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

so today was my first day out with them, and i love these! after 7 runs the heat got to them and they got slimey. other wise running the 245 255 combo in RTR set up felt great. ill start bringing a pyro meter with me as well to keep track of where they fall off, but the inconsistencies might be because of the green horn driver.
Old 06-10-2013, 07:32 AM

Originally Posted by IntegraR0064
Originally Posted by IntegraR0064' timestamp='1366650479' post='22490511

I answered my own question. Testing at Lincoln showed a big dropoff if the run started over about 115-120 degrees.
Just as a follow up to this, I didn't get to check temperatures much but in DC the tires did not fall off nearly as hard, or maybe even at all. I'd guess we were easily at 130-140 on final runs at the DC ProSolo and they felt totally fine and the times reflected that. So it's very surface dependant how heat tolerant the Z2's are.

Quick Reply: Dunlop Direzza ZII