S2000 Racing and Competition The S2000 on the track and Solo circuit. Some of the fastest S2000 drivers in the world call this forum home.

Carbotech enduro compound?

Old 04-18-2011, 02:35 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

less rotor friendly is correct hahah. lasted 1 day...

moving from xr2 to the enduro compound, i feel like the bite is harder and it held up the whole session with rotor temp ~ 600f

looking to get a 2-piece and ducting soon. Im getting tired of cracking rotors... even if they are only like 25 bucks lol
Old 04-18-2011, 04:55 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by bunta_garage

moving from xr2 to the enduro compound, i feel like the bite is harder and it held up the whole session with rotor temp ~ 600f

looking to get a 2-piece and ducting soon. Im getting tired of cracking rotors... even if they are only like 25 bucks lol

hmmm by "less rotor friendly" I thought that meant it would wear the rotors more.
I was thinking well that doesn't matter because they only last a few days anways!

if the RP2 means more broken rotors I realy don't need that
Old 04-18-2011, 05:37 PM

holy shit, im coming from a xp10/8 setup. im now going rp2/xp10. im kinda worried lol..

but i also have ducting now
Old 04-18-2011, 06:50 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by LickyMYwalker
holy shit, im coming from a xp10/8 setup. im now going rp2/xp10. im kinda worried lol..

but i also have ducting now
Emilio explicitly stated that the XP and RP should not be mixed, as the brake bias changes can be dangerous; their friction curves are different through the operating temperature range.
Old 04-19-2011, 04:15 PM

so i have to run rp2/rp2? i havent heard of any other "rp" formula from carbotech. thats kinda stupid. rp2 is supposed to be the enduro compound of teh xp12. i dont see how its so different but has Emilio tracked it yet?

any graphs on the torque curves to show the difference?
Old 04-19-2011, 04:24 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Unfortunately, I don't have any tangible evidence or solid data to post.

I would suggest calling Emilio directly. 949-716-3111 is his shop number.

Carbotech doesn't have anything on their website, and they usually take a few days to respond.
Old 04-20-2011, 05:07 AM
Former Moderator

Received 26 Likes on 25 Posts

If your ABS in your S2000 is working the brake bias change will be masked so it's not really a "danger" but the resulting brake balance might not be optimal. The harder you brake with r-compound tires the more front bias you need so if the enduro pads emulate the XP12s (and they seem to) the the forward bias is a good thing. I ran one day with the enduro pads up front and XP8s in the rear and it seemed fine. All I noticed was more initial bite and possibly more rotor wear up front.
Old 04-21-2011, 09:22 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Alan was running the least expensive rotor available on the market (a bit last minute). He/We won't be doing that again.

Alan, get a hold of me tonight.. got another option that needs to be tried. New design of rotors that either Mac, yourself, or I would need to test at the next track day for data. It's the same rotor that SOS is selling and wrote about somewhere on this forum, we'll have the test set or two in house today.

Originally Posted by dan_uk
Originally Posted by bunta_garage' timestamp='1303166151' post='20480251

hmmm by "less rotor friendly" I thought that meant it would wear the rotors more.
I was thinking well that doesn't matter because they only last a few days anways!

if the RP2 means more broken rotors I realy don't need that
Old 04-23-2011, 08:49 AM

Originally Posted by psychoazn
Unfortunately, I don't have any tangible evidence or solid data to post.

I would suggest calling Emilio directly. 949-716-3111 is his shop number.

Carbotech doesn't have anything on their website, and they usually take a few days to respond.
yeah i see a lot of other companies showing the torque curves and graphs except carbotech. ive only ever ran carbotechs and i love them. ive heard of carbone lorraine pads and was looking into those after i burn through this set. might be too lazy to try them cause of the lack of time though.
Old 07-05-2011, 05:59 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

So I ran the RP2 / XP10 last time at road atlanta with my new 3" ducts and I love this pad if it realy lasts twice as long!
It seems to heat up as quick as the XP12 just a half a dozen stops on the warmup lap and it was ready.

With he XP12's I was always a bit worried about locking up but this pad is just right I could pretty much plant my foot and the car would haul up. When I run hoosiers I always felt like the XP10's was overworking a bit. The RP2 could get into the ABS pretty hard but I felt it would take a lot to more lock the fronts than the 12's so it worked realy good for me.

Quick Reply: Carbotech enduro compound?