S2000 Racing and Competition The S2000 on the track and Solo circuit. Some of the fastest S2000 drivers in the world call this forum home.

Canton pan thoughts here

Old 02-24-2016, 06:31 PM

Received 80 Likes on 60 Posts

normal
Old 02-24-2016, 06:43 PM

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by Ham8urger
So do I need to mark the dipstick or just use it like normal with this pan?
No change is needed in marking the dipstick for this pan. For other pans, where the position of the oil pickup has changed, remarking of the dipstick may be needed.

Also, keep in mind that the oil pan capacity is approximately 1.5 quarts greater than stock. So you need to fill up with 6.5 quarts.

BTW, 70,000 miles on mine and no leaks from original installation.
Old 02-25-2016, 08:21 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have an AP2... what are you guys using for spacers on the flywheel cover to make it fit without rubbing???
Old 02-25-2016, 08:21 AM

Originally Posted by nbauti2
I needed a 4th spacer. Canton should be providing them free of charge. They did with me. It was claimed as a warranty item. Here's what the cover looked like with 3 spacers:

I have an AP2... what are you guys using for spacers on the flywheel cover to make it fit without rubbing???
Old 02-25-2016, 08:23 AM

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

I'm almost positive Canton includes one when you buy one. And if you have one already, like you bought one used or something, they'd probably sell you just the spacer.
Old 02-25-2016, 08:27 AM

Actually... I just called Canton and they said that they would ship me 4 spacers free of charge. Really nice guy I talked to. Hopefully these make it clear the flywheel
Old 06-06-2016, 08:43 PM

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

Just received my new Canton oil pan bummer kinda really it does not come with bolts but not a big deal, rest of it looks amazing I think, welds look good paint N sticker are a + lol
and all the extra port bungs are the main reason I bought.

The one thing I was not to keen on; is the amount of dust and metal particles riddled all throughout the inside of the pan and all the trap doors inside the "anti slosh" holding area that is not easily accessible. a couple of finger wipes revealed metal and all sorts of grit & dust. Not to big of a deal I guess with some GOOD cleaning but idk Im interested in knowing if everyone or most received theirs this way or not. I just hope what ever I use to guarantee that my pan has no FOD in it does not also ruin the sweet paint job.

Ill also need an adapter for the oil return bung for an 8AN anyone kno the threads on the canton off the top there head?
I believe right now I have a 8AN to M14 but it is much to small. (Preparing for a SOS TS MAX Install) :cheesin:
Old 06-07-2016, 05:36 AM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by MorngWoodStewie
Just received my new Canton oil pan bummer kinda really it does not come with bolts but not a big deal, rest of it looks amazing I think, welds look good paint N sticker are a + lol
and all the extra port bungs are the main reason I bought.

The one thing I was not to keen on; is the amount of dust and metal particles riddled all throughout the inside of the pan and all the trap doors inside the "anti slosh" holding area that is not easily accessible. a couple of finger wipes revealed metal and all sorts of grit & dust. Not to big of a deal I guess with some GOOD cleaning but idk Im interested in knowing if everyone or most received theirs this way or not.
All three times (I bought two Canton pans brand new, sent the 2nd back to them for repair) I received my pan from Canton it was contaminated with visible amounts of dust and even a couple of small metal bits (welding slag?).

Here's to hoping your Canton pan fits properly, doesn't leak or crack, or catch your dipstick so hard the plastic handle rips off.
Old 06-07-2016, 08:00 PM

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

Lol... whoa! ok well anyone wanna try for the threads I think its a 1/2" by 20 is what I found. still not sure. My local Oreillys does not have the correct ones either.
Old 06-07-2016, 08:12 PM

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

fun fact: some of the only SAE bolts on your car are the seat belt bolts (1/2 x 20)

Quick Reply: Canton pan thoughts here