S2000 Racing and Competition The S2000 on the track and Solo circuit. Some of the fastest S2000 drivers in the world call this forum home.

Canton pan thoughts here

Old 01-06-2015, 08:19 AM

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

We have heard you YamahaSH0. Many times. We know you are very unhappy. You and the people that have problems know what to do. You have beat the drum till the head on it has torn. Throughout the two previous threads on this pan, you have made 52 negative comments and 7 positive comments. We understand how you feel. Time to either put up or shut up. Meaning contact canton about your own pan get it fixed get a refund whatever.
Old 01-06-2015, 08:20 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SlowTeg
FWIW, the person w/ the broken weld.. While it doesn't give you the warm and fuzzies, it shouldn't result in disaster, as the "plate" is held in place in a few different spots. It's not like it's the only spot where the plate is held on, fortunately. In fact, seeing as how pretty much all parts of the pan are connected, it should keep anything from floating around and blocking the pickup (with the exception of the trap doors of course).
so the reason i dont have any better pics of the broken weld is because i did re install the pan. the video is a little hard to see but it takes a little bit of force to bend the plate down so you can see the broken weld. i posted up so people could see what happened.

Davidc1, thanks for going out of your way to contact canton. i will give jeff a call a see what he says.

Also FWIW, i dont have solid mounts.
Old 01-06-2015, 08:23 AM

Originally Posted by hondalovr13
Originally Posted by SlowTeg' timestamp='1420561132' post='23458049
FWIW, the person w/ the broken weld.. While it doesn't give you the warm and fuzzies, it shouldn't result in disaster, as the "plate" is held in place in a few different spots. It's not like it's the only spot where the plate is held on, fortunately. In fact, seeing as how pretty much all parts of the pan are connected, it should keep anything from floating around and blocking the pickup (with the exception of the trap doors of course).
so the reason i dont have any better pics of the broken weld is because i did re install the pan. the video is a little hard to see but it takes a little bit of force to bend the plate down so you can see the broken weld. i posted up so people could see what happened.

Davidc1, thanks for going out of your way to contact canton. i will give jeff a call a see what he says.

Also FWIW, i dont have solid mounts.
no problem, my pleasure to try to help you out.
Old 01-06-2015, 08:25 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Excellent, thank you to both Jeff and David.
What merits,repeating here is:

1. If and when you have an issue with anyone's product first contact the company. If the issue is resolved amicably there is no need to post anything. Unless of course you want to post about great customer service on addressing your issue or if the problem persists unresolved.
2. All successful companies have product problems and returns. The important thing is their customer service and resolution of the problem.
A number of post have said or implied that OEM products are of a higher standard. Obviously those people are somehow oblivious to the astronomical amount of recalls in the automotive indusry. Including Honda and the S2K.
3. The company cannot address an issue if you don't make them aware of it.
4. Product recalls and/or defects are not resolved by whinning on social forums before contacting the company.
5. Got an issue? Suck up your disappointment before getting your panties in a knot and embarassing your self by whinning like a little girl. Call the company and get things resolved.
Thanks
Old 01-06-2015, 08:28 AM

Originally Posted by markhs2

1. If and when you have an issue with anyone's product first contact the company. If the issue is resolved amicably there is no need to post anything. Unless of course you want to post about great customer service on addressing your issue or if the problem persists unresolved.
2. All successful companies have product problems and returns. The important thing is their customer service and resolution of the problem.
A number of post have said or implied that OEM products are of a higher standard. Obviously those people are somehow oblivious to the astronomical amount of recalls in the automotive indusry. Including Honda and the S2K.
4. Product recalls and/or defects are not resolved by winning on social forums before contacting the company.
5. Got an issue? Suck up your disappointment before getting your panties in a knot and embarassing your self by winning like a little girl. Call the company and get things resolved.
Thanks
mark, thank you so much for being an intelligent rational person. This is exactly what I was trying to get across.
Old 01-06-2015, 08:28 AM

Originally Posted by markhs2

4. Product recalls and/or defects are not resolved by winning on social forums before contacting the company.
5. Got an issue? Suck up your disappointment before getting your panties in a knot and embarassing your self by winning like a little girl. Call the company and get things resolved.
Thanks
mark, thank you so much for being an intelligent rational person. This is exactly what I was trying to get across.
Old 01-06-2015, 09:08 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think it would be extremely usefull if someone could post up a complete how to thead for the Canton pan installation.
You would help out a lot of guys.
Do it and post up a link here.
Thank you to the guys that have posted up things to do and not do from their experience of installing their pans.
Those posts are very helpful and usefull.
Please keep them coming.
Old 01-06-2015, 09:34 AM

Received 177 Likes on 125 Posts

Originally Posted by yamahaSHO
You childishly trying to have the last word in everything, despite having nothing of value to add isn't a step in the right direction no matter how you look at it. Let it go... Let Canton handle it without the annoying middle-man.
Sorry, I couldn't resist..

I don't have a problem with people mentioning some issues here. Good to be aware. No one is calling the pan a POS, just good to be aware of possible issues.
Old 01-06-2015, 09:51 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by SlowTeg
FWIW, the person w/ the broken weld.. While it doesn't give you the warm and fuzzies, it shouldn't result in disaster, as the "plate" is held in place in a few different spots. It's not like it's the only spot where the plate is held on, fortunately.
I disagree. That broken weld will lead to more broken welds if the plate is allowed to move due to vibration.
Old 01-06-2015, 10:21 AM

Originally Posted by SC_Highlander
Originally Posted by SlowTeg' timestamp='1420561132' post='23458049
FWIW, the person w/ the broken weld.. While it doesn't give you the warm and fuzzies, it shouldn't result in disaster, as the "plate" is held in place in a few different spots. It's not like it's the only spot where the plate is held on, fortunately.
I disagree. That broken weld will lead to more broken welds if the plate is allowed to move due to vibration.
There's quite a few other bolts botleing it down

Quick Reply: Canton pan thoughts here