S2000 Racing and Competition The S2000 on the track and Solo circuit. Some of the fastest S2000 drivers in the world call this forum home.

Brembo BBK for the track

Old 03-06-2013, 11:49 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Brembo BBK for the track

Hey I have a 07 with a Brembo BBK on the front and and am trying to see what brake pads people have been using all around that have a BBK on the car. It doesnt feel too un-balanced but I want to buy braided lines and new pads for the rear to even out my braking and to keep the front from doing all the work...

Anyone with experience with a BBK on a s2000 and pad choices?????? The car stops great... just want it to be neutral and not over working the fronts

Anyone with experience on this please chime in thanks
Old 03-06-2013, 11:57 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Your rear brakes don't do too much work. With a BBK, I wouldn't worry about overtaxing the front brakes as much as I would be overtaxing the front tires with too much front brake. A well designed BBK will take the brake proportioning into account when it is developed.
Old 03-06-2013, 01:59 PM

Originally Posted by GT Motoring II
Your rear brakes don't do too much work. With a BBK, I wouldn't worry about overtaxing the front brakes as much as I would be overtaxing the front tires with too much front brake. A well designed BBK will take the brake proportioning into account when it is developed.

Ya i figured this out when i went with a 6 piston Wilwood BBK on my RSX lol... what brake pads would you recommend??? I know the backs dont do much work and im not worried about heat or anything... just Balance front to rear
Old 03-06-2013, 05:06 PM

Received 45 Likes on 34 Posts

speaking of bad proportioning... I have the stoptech kit on the front, stock rears. Past few track events, I've been running rear Autozone specials (duralast golds)... yes, the car is a bit sketch under hard braking, but it's manageable... I've managed to burn thru 2 sets of rear pads in about 5 track days... and since Autozone has lifetime warranties, I just returned the pads, got them replaced under warranty, walked out smiling.

Although the $190 XP10s would be nice to run with again, I can't really say they improved the braking significantly to warrant the extra cost.

Now if I was competing for money, different story.
Old 03-06-2013, 05:23 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Driven
speaking of bad proportioning... I have the stoptech kit on the front, stock rears. Past few track events, I've been running rear Autozone specials (duralast golds)... yes, the car is a bit sketch under hard braking, but it's manageable... I've managed to burn thru 2 sets of rear pads in about 5 track days... and since Autozone has lifetime warranties, I just returned the pads, got them replaced under warranty, walked out smiling.

Although the $190 XP10s would be nice to run with again, I can't really say they improved the braking significantly to warrant the extra cost.

I have the stoptech BBK on the front of my car and run XP10 all around. My rear XP10s have about 11 track days on them and will still be good for at least the next 2-3 days plus all the street miles the car sees.

OP- Are you asking about pads for street or track?
Old 03-06-2013, 05:41 PM

Originally Posted by MMisencik157
Originally Posted by Driven' timestamp='1362622006' post='22385835

I have the stoptech BBK on the front of my car and run XP10 all around. My rear XP10s have about 11 track days on them and will still be good for at least the next 2-3 days plus all the street miles the car sees.

OP- Are you asking about pads for street or track?

It will be for street use with some track days.. So even with the etra bite up front you still prefer the same pads front and rear?
Old 03-06-2013, 05:42 PM

Received 103 Likes on 85 Posts

I run PFC 08 in Stoptech Bbk front and PFC 97 in stock rears. Stopping power is phenomenal and wear rate is low. The only time I had issues with balance under breaking is when I had a poor alignment (rear toe was off)
Old 03-06-2013, 05:58 PM
Former Sponsor

Please don't confuse ABS issues from dive under braking as bad proportioning. This is usually a symptom of too low of spring rate in the front.
Old 03-06-2013, 06:05 PM

Received 24 Likes on 10 Posts

whoever said that the rears do not do much braking on these cars, might need to rethink their strategy.
Old 03-06-2013, 06:35 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by rrthorne8
whoever said that the rears do not do much braking on these cars, might need to rethink their strategy.
That was me, and not that I didn't say they don't do ANY work. Its a fact that they don't do nearly as much work as the fronts. You don't want the rears locking before the fronts do you? Yes, they get hotter after a session if you take their temperature readings, but that's a poor way to tell how much work they are doing. Their isn't as much venting at the rear, nor are the factory discs vented. If they did a lot of work, wouldn't you expect rear pads to at least at the same rate as the front?

Much of your braking force comes from the front brakes. They rears do do work, but not nearly as much as the fronts.

Quick Reply: Brembo BBK for the track