S2000 Racing and Competition The S2000 on the track and Solo circuit. Some of the fastest S2000 drivers in the world call this forum home.

BrakeMan #3 pads at the track

Old 05-20-2002, 07:27 PM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default BrakeMan #3 pads at the track

Thanks to Brad (dwb1) and Dave (davepk) I had a set of Brakeman #3 pads for my last track event. After about 500 street miles and over 200 track miles I have come to believe these pads are a good alternative as a track pad that is easy to use on the street as well. Here are my observations..

Friction

These pads work fine cold but like any performance pad need a bit of heat (from one or two stops) before they really grip hard. The #3
Old 05-20-2002, 08:34 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the enlightening writeup. The differences you state about initial friction levels between the P+ and #3 seem to go along with what I have experienced as well. P+ dead cold might be too grippy .
Old 05-20-2002, 08:54 PM

Got myself a set for this weekend's track event at Pahrump, NV. Can't wait.
Old 05-20-2002, 10:06 PM
Former Moderator

One of the other things I really liked about #3 was their consistency over the lifetime. Brake feel was the same from brand new all the way until I got to the steel backing

I just wish there was an online store to order them from, I hate using the telephone.
Old 05-21-2002, 03:22 AM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally posted by The Unabageler
I just wish there was an online store to order them from, I hate using the telephone.
I think Rick's plan to sell them but the website does not clearly show both front and rear for the stock calipers.
Old 05-21-2002, 10:53 AM

I'll second what CDelena, Prolene and Josh say about the #3s. Its a very nice comfort factor in every day driving to know that you have the ability to realy push the brakes hard when the oportunity presents itself with out any fear of fade. I'll be at Pahrump as well and will be trying out a set of #4 race pads.
Old 05-22-2002, 02:30 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally posted by cdelena

I think Rick's plan to sell them but the website does not clearly show both front and rear for the stock calipers.
Thanks Chris for the evaluation. You are correct, we will have a complete stock section for Brad's Brake System on our web site shortly. Anyone can email me before then about ordering.

Regards,
James
Old 05-22-2002, 05:09 PM

I want to thank Chris for his efforts . I want to point out that pads that have a linier coefficient of friction are much easer to control . The front and rear pads do not heat up the same making some high friction racing pads tricky to drive on . When you start out the bias of the car is shifted one way and as the pads heat up it will shift the other . Some racing pads will have different characteristics as the pads wear , because the heat at different rates .
Many people think that the high friction pads improve braking , but this is not true . The tires on the car and the friction that they generate between the pavement ,determines what the brakes will do. If you have a pad that you can control , you can better modulate the brakes to match the amount of stopping power to the situation .
The #3 racing pad has a effective range of 150 to 1,200 degrees and will not eat your rotors!!!!!

We are going to put together a group buy for stock #3 pads and #3 pads to fit our kit . We are also going to stock pads , on the east coast and the west coast . Rick's site will be able to take orders for all pads soon . We will also offer expedited service if required.
We will also have a full line of HAWK pads to fit our Big brake kit soon.

brad
Old 05-22-2002, 07:42 PM

Originally posted by dwb1
We are going to put together a group buy for stock #3 pads and #3 pads to fit our kit . We are also going to stock pads , on the east coast and the west coast . brad
Great! I am looking forward to the group buy!
Old 05-22-2002, 08:07 PM

I'd be in for the group buy as well...

Quick Reply: BrakeMan #3 pads at the track