S2000 Racing and Competition The S2000 on the track and Solo circuit. Some of the fastest S2000 drivers in the world call this forum home.

Brake Ducts (Almost) Finished

Old 04-06-2012 | 05:49 AM

Originally Posted by cadams05nfr
Thanks to Rob and the OP. I can't wait to do this
No problem. If you have an AP1 I would recommend you follow Rob's instructions to a T, because it is easy to incorporate the flanges onto the front bumper. If you have an AP2, you just have to get a little more creative about it. My method is thus unproven and most likely more ineffective than the high pressure on the front of the bumper, but I just wanted to try something different. Different isn't always good though. Good luck, let me know if you have questions!
Old 04-06-2012 | 06:37 AM

Originally Posted by clarkster009
Originally Posted by cadams05nfr' timestamp='1333715899' post='21581980
No problem. If you have an AP1 I would recommend you follow Rob's instructions to a T, because it is easy to incorporate the flanges onto the front bumper. If you have an AP2, you just have to get a little more creative about it. My method is thus unproven and most likely more ineffective than the high pressure on the front of the bumper, but I just wanted to try something different. Different isn't always good though. Good luck, let me know if you have questions!

Thanks bud! Yeah I have an AP2 actually. I was thinking of somehow running them to the front grille so I don't have to cut the front bumper just yet. I may even watch to see how your setup works and maybe do it the same as yours. I really don't want to have nuts and bolts sticking out of the cut outs up front and I honestly don't see how mounting them in the front grille would hurt
Old 04-06-2012 | 07:42 AM

Originally Posted by cadams05nfr
Originally Posted by clarkster009' timestamp='1333720180' post='21582150
[quote name='cadams05nfr' timestamp='1333715899' post='21581980']

Thanks bud! Yeah I have an AP2 actually. I was thinking of somehow running them to the front grille so I don't have to cut the front bumper just yet. I may even watch to see how your setup works and maybe do it the same as yours. I really don't want to have nuts and bolts sticking out of the cut outs up front and I honestly don't see how mounting them in the front grille would hurt
[/quote]

It would be possible to do them in the front grille, in fact I considered it, but would take a little cutting still. See this black plastic piece on the right side of the pic below..you'd have to cut through that and snake the hose through it. With the radiator, there is no way to go straight through the front grille.

Now I want to see some pioneering folk make headlight brake ducting! Who wants to try?

Old 05-08-2012 | 05:05 PM

can't it just be this easy for us!
http://www.fnsweet.com/forums/05-09-...oling-kit.html

Something like this 3" inline pull/push fan could be used and mounted in front of the wheel wells Just pulling in from around it or from ducting to the front of the car.
http://pitstopusa.com/i-5067421-alls...r-140-cfm.html
Old 05-16-2012 | 04:04 AM

this is how i did my brake ducts on the s2k. i tried to get it as close to center as i can but the small s2k rotors doesnt allow much room between the hub and rotor surface. where as my Evo rotors are much larger and have more room between hub and rotor surface to get air into the center of the hub. the AMS brake duct kit for the evo is very well engineered. there's a backing plate at the hub hat keeps all the air in the center of the rotor and force the air through the vaines.

i used 2.5" tubing and no rubbing at full lock at all, with 255 tires and +58 offset wheels.

S2000 brake ducts

evo brake duct

Old 05-16-2012 | 03:00 PM

that might work, but wouldnt it act like a vacuum cleaner and suck up road debris, dirt, gravel?

it would make a lot of noise on roads with fine gravel and grit. also make your wheels and brakes dirty way faster
Old 05-17-2012 | 12:23 PM

i like the solution that you have came up with, i just hate how no one makes a direct bolt on solution for the ap2's. i have thought about getting creative but seeing as how i just got a new bumper today i am in no rush to start cutting on it.
Old 01-01-2013 | 11:54 AM

Originally Posted by clarkster009

i want to do this.
does it create airflow effective enough to cool front brakes?
Old 01-01-2013 | 12:12 PM
Former Moderator

We were hoping Clarkster would tape up one of the ducts on a track day and compare brake disk temps. The problem with this air source is a front spoiler is designed to create a low pressure area under it. Of course our splitters are high enough that we might actually have a high pressure are under there but I wouldn't recommend doing this mod until someone verifies that it works.
Old 01-01-2013 | 08:30 PM

i see.
what other options do i have given the fact that my car have and air pump and AEM v2 intake?

Quick Reply: Brake Ducts (Almost) Finished