S2000 Racing and Competition The S2000 on the track and Solo circuit. Some of the fastest S2000 drivers in the world call this forum home.

Baffled oil pan/Accusump?

Old 07-09-2013, 09:23 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by bdo
Possibly a dumb question: Won't an Accusump maintain oil pressure in the event the pump loses suction? So, do you need a baffled oil pan if you have an Accusump?
The Baffled oil pan if the main part you want to maintain oil pressure under high G loads.
The Accusump is good ancillary backup part to the Baffled oil pan and will provides very brief moments of oil pressure if needed and also supplies oil to the engine prior to start up.
Old 09-04-2013, 12:53 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by markhs2
Originally Posted by bdo' timestamp='1373430509' post='22657134
Possibly a dumb question: Won't an Accusump maintain oil pressure in the event the pump loses suction? So, do you need a baffled oil pan if you have an Accusump?
The Baffled oil pan if the main part you want to maintain oil pressure under high G loads.
The Accusump is good ancillary backup part to the Baffled oil pan and will provides very brief moments of oil pressure if needed and also supplies oil to the engine prior to start up.
Correct, we always suggest using a well baffled oil pan as a first line of defense. Most of the time the baffled oil pan will be able to handle the oiling issues. However, even with the best pan you will eventually get to the point where the forces on the oil and the requirements of the oiling system just can't keep up and that's when the Accusump kicks in. It is also a good idea to pre-oil your motor and also as a backup in case you have a catastrophic failure in your oiling system. You can wire a light into the epc valve so you know when the Accusump is discharging. We actually had a customer do that in his NSX and it saved him a motor. He went off the track and ended up leaking oil all over the place. So he watched the light and after about 20 seconds he realized the oil pressure wasn't coming back so he shut the car off and saved himself a motor.
Old 09-08-2013, 07:34 PM

All good info here, thanks all!
Old 10-24-2013, 12:12 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

so if the oil pressure at idle is 36 psi it means that with the 45 - 55 psi valve it will discharge at idle . correct? one more question. the oil in the acumsump is stored and the valve closed, so that oil will be coolder than engine oil. is there any negative effects of that?? tanks
Old 10-24-2013, 12:53 PM

as for baffled pans:
moroso
canton in process
kevko

weld-in baffles: which is just aluminum sheet metal with a slot cut in it for the oil pump pickup
ebay
trackforged
etc etc

weld-in baffles with actual trap doors:
moroso
Old 10-24-2013, 01:14 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by NWDyno
as for baffled pans:
moroso
canton in process
kevko

weld-in baffles: which is just aluminum sheet metal with a slot cut in it for the oil pump pickup
ebay
trackforged
etc etc

weld-in baffles with actual trap doors:
moroso
Moroso does not offer a baffled S2000 oil pan.

Lady I spoke to at Kevko wasn't able to confirm they offered one. She had no idea what a Honda S2000 was. Waiting for a follow up call tomorrow.
Old 10-24-2013, 01:31 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have a Moroso oil pan. I called, asked them, and they made me one.
Old 10-24-2013, 01:33 PM

Kevko will get you whatever you want. Nice family owned company. I have had my Kevko oil pan for about 5 months now. It's an aluminum sheet metal pan. Not cast, not steel. So quote lighter than oem. The car is getting a cage right now, I'll get some pictures soon.
Old 10-24-2013, 03:20 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by NWDyno
Kevko will get you whatever you want. Nice family owned company. I have had my Kevko oil pan for about 5 months now. It's an aluminum sheet metal pan. Not cast, not steel. So quote lighter than oem. The car is getting a cage right now, I'll get some pictures soon.
How does the transmission bolt up to it, if it is just sheet metal? The oil pan on the S2000 must also help carry the load of the transmission. Did you retain your air conditioning? Do you have any pics of it?
Old 10-26-2013, 09:08 AM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

can anyone reply my question please?

Quick Reply: Baffled oil pan/Accusump?