S2000 Racing and Competition The S2000 on the track and Solo circuit. Some of the fastest S2000 drivers in the world call this forum home.

Another alignment thread: especially for those with the Honda UK recommended settings

Old 05-22-2003, 11:38 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally posted by Luis

What's a Leda suspension?
Leda Suspension

They're a firm in the UK. I've been working with another UK S2000 owner getting a setup suited to the UK's bumpy roads - the spring rates on most replacement shocks are too high for UK roads, plus the valving on Mugen and others does not suit high speed on poor roads. Leda had built some racing shocks for an S2000, so were happy enough to make a set. That said, the racing ones were gas units, while initially we'd gone for just oil - since changed. The 5th iteration (and hopefully final!) should be going on the car over the next few days.

Basically, after a lot of research, there didn't seem to be a shock on the market (with the exception of the Ohlins, which had been tested in the UK) that suited UK B-roads. So with Leda able to supply any spring rate and valving required, and being about the same price as importing a set of Teins or similar it was decided to develop the set between the two of us. Been very happy with the results - except for some noise problems with the valves, and getting the adjusters to clear since they're on the bottom. I took the chance to get Krazik's Ohlins when they were for sale - I'd been tempted by them before, but the UK price is rediculous. So the end result is, my Ohlins are a little more suple than the Ledas (which are running a slightly higher spring rate.), I'd say my car feels a bit more like a Lotus chassis - suple but plenty of grip and very god feedback. The Leda's are a little harder riding - a little more track biased.

We have experimented with a few different alignments during this work, which did help matters. If you're happy trying a few alignments, then you can probably get the car closer to how you want. But only do this if you're willing to get the car re-aligned after any change, as it could make things worse.

If you are, try reducing the rear toe-in to 10" each side. And consider either going to -1`30" front camber, or reducing the rear to -1`30". Unless you're track biased, I'd try reducing the rear camber first. This should give you some of the adjustability on the throttle back, but will make the car more tail happy. It could help with the braking, as well depending on if the braking problem is coming from the front or the rear. I suspect that might be part damping as well - could be worth experimenting next track day.

-Brian.
Old 05-23-2003, 02:53 AM
Community Organizer
Community Organizer

Received 104 Likes on 83 Posts

S03 are definitely stickier...
Compared to our OEM S-02's? I could not DIS-agree more. If you had S-02 PP's the ones that are NOT factory on our cars then definitly the S-03's are better.

Though in any case definitly swap back tires and see how the car handles. Good luck!
Old 05-23-2003, 06:04 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Brian,

Looks like you've done a lot of research. A pity you haven't tried the PSS9, as I would like to know how they compare with the ohlins. These can be had for 2000
Old 05-23-2003, 10:00 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Getting back on topic, I'll rule out brakes first, tyres next, and only then play further with alignment.
Sounds like a good plan. Please post your updates - might help someone in future.

Once the Leda story's finished, the two of us who've been doing it are probably going to post the whole story in the UK forums. May be worth posting a link as well.

-Brian.