S2000 Racing and Competition The S2000 on the track and Solo circuit. Some of the fastest S2000 drivers in the world call this forum home.

Air Pump Removal w/ AEM EMS

Old 10-09-2012, 05:14 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Air Pump Removal w/ AEM EMS

I'm going to be boosted on a custom setup utilizing an AEM EMS for engine management. I'm pretty certain I can delete the Air Pump from the software but how do I delete it from the engine bay? Can I just route the hoses into each other and take the pump completely out or what has everyone else done? Again sorry for bringing this up as I know I've seen it covered but I can't for the life of me find it
Old 10-09-2012, 06:37 PM

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts

These are the steps from Izze:

Overall, it's quite easy. The air pump itself is located behind the front bumper, driver side corner. It's best if you remove the front bumper, or you can remove the front driver side fender liner (more difficult IMO). Remove the air pump and the large relay attached to it.

There are two hoses leading to the pump, ones hose goes from the air filter neck to the air pump inlet, the other hose goes from the air injection valve (located near the intake manifold and fire wall, it has the hose going into it and a small vacuum hose) to the air pump outlet. These hoses can be removed. It can be a little tricky removing some of the bolts but the process is self explanatory. Be sure to cap off the air filter neck with the supplied vinyl cap (the big one).

Next, you can remove the vacuum solenoid (attached to the rear corner of the air box), its associated vacuum hoses (small diameter), and the reservoir (located below the rear of the air box). The vacuum line do go under the intake manifold and attach to some "solid" lines, all of which can be removed. Be sure to cap off the vacuum hose inlet on the intake manifold with the supplied vinyl cap.

Finally, the current sensor is a black box located under the front driver side fender liner (you have to remove the entire fender liner), in the upper right hand corner. It can be removed too.

See the instructions for pictures of all these parts, which will help when your removing them. As I state in the instructions, you don't need to remove any or all of these parts with the simulator installed. For example, you can choose to leave the current sensor alone, the simulator will still work properly.
If you want to remove the valve on the intake manifold, get the blockoff plate from puddymod.

The instructions on the Izze racing website have pics of everything if you need them.
Old 10-09-2012, 07:52 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks man I appreciate that!
Old 10-10-2012, 08:32 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

To make the thread more helpful, how you disable the air pump through the AEM software?
Old 10-18-2012, 08:17 PM

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

The aem doesn't even output a signal to the air pump. Just remember to take care of the vacuum feeds from the intake manifold.