S2000 Racing and Competition The S2000 on the track and Solo circuit. Some of the fastest S2000 drivers in the world call this forum home.

2012 Speed Ventures S2K Challenge Rules

Old 01-11-2012, 12:00 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Marc G
Uhmm so please forgive the noob question.....

I've been watching this thread and I've been interested in running in the Street Class but initially I kind of want to run in Stock because realistically my mods are a bit too modest for the Street Class I think.

I think my dilemma though is that perhaps I am a bit confused with the point system and or with the rules altogether... So if the Stock Class allows up to 0.5 points and my current setup is beyond that (My calculation is 0.85= Wheels+Catback+Springs) does that then mean I CANNOT run in Stock, or does it mean I still can but would be subject to points penalty?

Again sorry for the noob question. And thanks in advance (or should I have posted this as a new thread?)
You'd be bumped up to the next class.

Keep in mind that most people are NOT running the absolute maximum allowed within their respective classes.
Old 01-11-2012, 12:04 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Lol Justin now you sound like two of my roommates
Old 01-11-2012, 12:51 PM

Originally Posted by S2Konstantin
Lol Justin now you sound like two of my roommates

if i wasnt married.. Id move in with you guys lol...

what you mean my maths is offs chris? lol...
Old 01-11-2012, 12:56 PM

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Why do you have so many points?

I can get 6.5 even with a 17x10 255 steet tire. Im actually @ 6.25 I would be @ 6 points if I had 9" rim

Plus, you said you would be @ 7.75 with street tires but 8 with NT01??
Old 01-11-2012, 12:59 PM

Originally Posted by Marc G

I've been watching this thread and I've been interested in running in the Street Class but initially I kind of want to run in Stock because realistically my mods are a bit too modest for the Street Class I think.

I think my dilemma though is that perhaps I am a bit confused with the point system and or with the rules altogether... So if the Stock Class allows up to 0.5 points and my current setup is beyond that (My calculation is 0.85= Wheels+Catback+Springs) does that then mean I CANNOT run in Stock, or does it mean I still can but would be subject to points penalty?

Again sorry for the noob question. And thanks in advance (or should I have posted this as a new thread?)

idk if this will help, but for some reason all the noobs think that they HAVE to start off in the stock class, or that the stock class is going to house the beginners.. which is not the case.. there are/were some really fast drivers in the stock class, so either way youre probably gonna get your butt kicked lol

another example would be me... i took part in the Mod R class for 2011. it was my first full year of racing the car.. I had done maybe 1-3 track days before that. SO.. not really much experience unless you count go karts. I wouldve loved to drive my car stock and really learn how it handles without mod.. but it was too late for that.

just drive your car how it is and drive it in the class that it falls into. youll be fine. dont worry about what your lap times are.. you will constantly improve and possibly be the fastest s2kc driver there ever was : )
Old 01-11-2012, 01:10 PM

Originally Posted by the s2k dude
Originally Posted by Marc G' timestamp='1326314546' post='21307694

idk if this will help, but for some reason all the noobs think that they HAVE to start off in the stock class, or that the stock class is going to house the beginners.. which is not the case.. there are/were some really fast drivers in the stock class, so either way youre probably gonna get your butt kicked lol

another example would be me... i took part in the Mod R class for 2011. it was my first full year of racing the car.. I had done maybe 1-3 track days before that. SO.. not really much experience unless you count go karts. I wouldve loved to drive my car stock and really learn how it handles without mod.. but it was too late for that.

just drive your car how it is and drive it in the class that it falls into. youll be fine. dont worry about what your lap times are.. you will constantly improve and possibly be the fastest s2kc driver there ever was : )

lol good stuff man. Thank you
Old 01-11-2012, 01:59 PM

thanks for all the hard work Nam, Mike and Mike..

yes agreed with Justin. i ran the last two events in 2011 with 2.25 points in street, had a blast and car was competing

come join the fun in street or put your stock springs back on and run stock... you have options )
Old 01-11-2012, 02:18 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I believe most of our drivers haven't driven in stock class at all. I know I sure didn't
Old 01-11-2012, 05:51 PM

Novice points FTW
Old 01-12-2012, 09:57 AM

Originally Posted by f20kills
Why do you have so many points?

I can get 6.5 even with a 17x10 255 steet tire. Im actually @ 6.25 I would be @ 6 points if I had 9" rim

Plus, you said you would be @ 7.75 with street tires but 8 with NT01??

0.50 = Level 2 Front Aero: full front aero package (anything more than a simple lip or bumper)
0.125 = Vented hood
0.125 = Vented fender
0.125 = OEM-style hard-top (includes Mugen/Mugen replicas)
0.125 = Aftermarket or modified rear bumper
2.00 = Level 3 Wing: Any adjustable wing bigger than APR GTC-200/Voltex 1S
1.75 = Level 1 R-compound tire: NT01, RA1, R888, A048, PSC
0.75 = 255 Front tire size
0.50 = Aftermarket wheels. See table below for penalty for wheels.
0.00 = OEM AP2 2.2L Engine
0.125 = Any aftermarket header
0.25 = Test-pipe
0.125 = Cat-back exhaust
1.50 = Full coilover suspension up to $3500 MSRP (e.g. SRC, KW Club Sport, Eibach ERS)
0.00 = Non-OEM Final Drive

8pts total as is... or 6.25 if i change the 1.75 nt01s for 0.0 rs3s

Quick Reply: 2012 Speed Ventures S2K Challenge Rules