S2000 Racing and Competition The S2000 on the track and Solo circuit. Some of the fastest S2000 drivers in the world call this forum home.

2012 Speed Ventures S2K Challenge Rules

Old 01-12-2012, 06:28 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i dont know how competitive ill be on rs3s.. but i guess thats my problem/fault lol. i just dont know how to get down to mod any other way. <---- thats me being sad if you guys didnt realize... lol
Old 01-12-2012, 10:27 PM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by the s2k dude
i dont know how competitive ill be on rs3s.. but i guess thats my problem/fault lol. i just dont know how to get down to mod any other way. <---- thats me being sad if you guys didnt realize... lol
You'll be fine. RS3s are pretty awesome for what they are. DO IT JUSTIN!
Old 01-13-2012, 05:23 AM

Received 49 Likes on 36 Posts

You'll become a better driver learning how to drive real fast on RS3s compared to R-comps

on a slightly OT note I'm considering selling my KW Clubsport setup and going an entirely different route with my car. I bought them from Darylcha months ago but they haven't been used a whole lot. I've made some changes that I think make them a better setup than the off the shelf ones. Currently they are on GC extended tops (for increased strut travel) and running 750f/650r Eibach springs. I've sold the original springs as well as the Clubsport top hats so what you see is what you get. Although I have an extra set of 800lb Hyperco springs that will come with them too.

Would anyone be interested in them? I figured you guys are most likely to really be able to use them. They are also only a 1.5pt setup.

Old 01-15-2012, 09:06 AM

^that's some nice setup!!

my car is currently ~7.5pts with street tires
will be ~8pts if not more by middle of the year with some further development

since some of my mods are currently off the car as I'm doing some off season maintenance/ repair that I will be able to attend the 1st round in MOD class running the same old RE11 that I've been on since last year

my car has too many points for the series so I don't think I will finish the whole 2012 season.. plus I got other goals in mind this year
bottom line I do not want to de-mod just to be able to compete lol
and I have been with the series for a long time now I think it's time for new comers to step up and shine
I will, however, try to make it out as often as possible to test new setups and just chill with the guys =)

I'm almost complete with my S2000 project and perhaps I will sell the car at the end of 2012 and start a new project with Mark =p

lastly, I suspect a 59 is needed to win/ podium at end of month BW~
I'm very excited to see who will be joining the sub 2 club this year
Old 01-15-2012, 09:41 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

There's a giant hole in the wheel size points. You can run 9.5 inch fronts and 9 inch rears with no points assessed. Etc Etc for the other gray cells in the chart.
Old 01-15-2012, 10:25 AM

Received 614 Likes on 429 Posts

Originally Posted by jimtway1
There's a giant hole in the wheel size points. You can run 9.5 inch fronts and 9 inch rears with no points assessed. Etc Etc for the other gray cells in the chart.
I'm guessing it's because most people won't run a reverse staggered setup. I guess you could technically run a 17x10 up front, 17x9 or 17x9.5 in the rear with 255 square. At low speed, you'll have some massive turn in, and to balance out the extra grip up front at high speed you could run a level 3wing in the rear like a voltex-7 or gtc300 and no front splitter. Extra oversteer can be managed with a front bar and/or stiffer springs up front. So, based on that setup, you'd save point both on the lack of front aero and no points assessed for wheels. The only points would be 2.0 for the level 3 wing and 0.75 for the 255 front tires. that would leave tons of room to run R-comps and coil overs.
Old 01-15-2012, 11:22 AM

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Ok...i went to muliti quote and hit the "thumb down" on accident .......sorry Alex lol. Now lll have to find another post of yours to give thumbs up hahhaha.

Alex...competiton is what makes tracking fun. Keep the car and have some fun with us!

Jim...i noticed that too but im sure points will be assessed if someonw were to do such a thing.
Old 01-15-2012, 12:07 PM

Originally Posted by jimtway1
i thought about being sneeky.. and doing that and not saying anything about it so it didnt bring attention to it.. just needed 2x 9.5 rpf1s.. no one wouldve known a thing.. i wonder if i would even feel much of a difference on 255s squared
Old 01-15-2012, 03:09 PM

Received 21 Likes on 10 Posts

It's not a loophole. We just don't expect people to run wider wheel in the front than the rear. But if you did for some reason want to do that, it would be the same point penalty for running that setup with the larger wheel in the rear. I.e. a 9.5 Fr / 9.0 Rr would be the same penalty as 9.0 Fr / 9.5 Rr.
Old 01-15-2012, 05:30 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by VitaRenovatio
It's not a loophole. We just don't expect people to run wider wheel in the front than the rear. But if you did for some reason want to do that, it would be the same point penalty for running that setup with the larger wheel in the rear. I.e. a 9.5 Fr / 9.0 Rr would be the same penalty as 9.0 Fr / 9.5 Rr.
It absolutely is a loophole. S2K Dude already stated he was hoping to run that. I would run 9.5 inch fronts and 9.0 inch rears with 255s in a heartbeat to save .50 points if allowed.

Rules need to be explicit. That is why we had issues with the bumper beam rule in 2010. Its also one of the reasons why the SCCA rule book is 600+ pages long. Just finish filling out your chart to avoid future issues.

Quick Reply: 2012 Speed Ventures S2K Challenge Rules