S2000 Racing and Competition The S2000 on the track and Solo circuit. Some of the fastest S2000 drivers in the world call this forum home.

2011 S2K Challenge #1 - Buttonwillow - 1/30

Old 01-31-2011, 02:05 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by f20kills,Jan 31 2011, 01:48 PM
Albert....looked good...and FAST!

I wished I had gone but glad at the same time I didnt....street tires are next on my list lol
Thanks Chris! It would have been another interesting drive home for you.
Old 01-31-2011, 02:46 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

as soon as i got to LA it cleared up.. needless to say i booked it.. dont hate.. i was being safe.
Old 01-31-2011, 02:59 PM

Lots and Lots of rain,

I was running on completely slick Toyo RA1's with 1000 track miles on them and no aero so it made for an interesting day of driving with all the rain.

The 250 mile drive home in the pouring rain was no cake walk either.

My mods put my point total at a whoping 6.125. So, with the RA1's there's no placed to go but Mod-R. I will have aero soon and some new tires. Put those together with a dry track and things should be looking much better

All that rain had an upside which was time to hang out and talk to people:

Si, Nam, Mike T (thanks for the splitter ideas), Mike K, Daryl C (thanks for letting me test fit the wheel), Daryl L, Alex, Kevin and others. Really great to meet and have a chance to talk to you all

Mark

Old 01-31-2011, 03:02 PM

wow great times albert!
Old 01-31-2011, 03:49 PM

Received 21 Likes on 10 Posts

Media Request: Can people please e-mail me their pictures to namkeunyoon at gmail? I am going to be working on the writeup for this event. Please make sure you give me the full name of the photographer, as I want to give proper photo credit. The writeup will also be featured on the front page of S2ki. If time permits, I might make a montage of a lap of Buttonwillow with every corner from inside a different person's cockpit ... that'll take more time, and would come later. Like after my Psychiatry Shelf on Friday.
Old 01-31-2011, 04:01 PM

Originally Posted by VitaRenovatio,Jan 31 2011, 04:49 PM
Media Request: Can people please e-mail me their pictures to namkeunyoon at gmail? I am going to be working on the writeup for this event. Please make sure you give me the full name of the photographer, as I want to give proper photo credit. The writeup will also be featured on the front page of S2ki. If time permits, I might make a montage of a lap of Buttonwillow with every corner from inside a different person's cockpit ... that'll take more time, and would come later. Like after my Psychiatry Shelf on Friday.
I'll go ahead and forward this information to my friend who did the photos for you!
Old 01-31-2011, 04:09 PM

Originally Posted by VitaRenovatio,Jan 31 2011, 04:49 PM
That sounds like an awesome video.

Is anyone ever going to put together the writeup for the last event including the season championship results?
Old 01-31-2011, 05:44 PM

Ahhh I am having trouble and can't view the vids!

Awesome times Albert and Nam!! I am looking forward to the rest of the results
Old 01-31-2011, 06:33 PM

Went out first session (wet) with John as the passenger, only clocked a 2:27 but amazingly that was good enough to put me in Red grid # 1! (also my first SV Red Grid #1)

Session 2 track was pretty much dry, but still somewhat cold, with my grid position I went out w/o any traffic and was able to try to push a little bit.
To be honest I wasn't happy with my fastest lap being a 2:01.453, new setup understeered quite a bit plus there was a cone on the track at riverside track out and some traffic at sunset.. but I guess it was good enough to get me fast lap of the day among S2KC

Session 3 was pouring rain and water all over the track surface!
with my NT01s being 4 days old and bald, I was hydroplanting even on the straight away!!
I see everyone with street tires/ new r-comps just blasting by me lol and my time was a 2:48 @@ (it's the slowest around BW I've ever driven I believe)

Session 4 I took another friend out for a ride, watched an exciting battle between Si and Daryl from the back until that Z3M broke down and caused a full course black flag... did not run session 5 because I was too tired already...

it was a scary drive on the way back tho~
I was only able to go as fast as 45mph in the rain (or was it snow?) but luckly I didn't have to stop for a hotel =p *praise the lord!

With Jim and Chris being absent, I was able to capture 1st place Mod-R
I was actually worried about guys from Mod-S will smoke me with their brand new street tires! luckly I kept my dignity
Struggled to find a good pace/ rhythm all day due to constant changing condition..
Nonetheless it was one of the best fun I've ever had!!

At the end of the day it was Tripple Crown for me and my home boyz!!!
Huge congratz to Daryl and Doug for winning Mod-S and Stock Class!

Last but not least, I would like to make a Special Shout Out to WestEnd Alignment!
Both Doug and I go to WestEnd for alignment and we would like to thank Darin Nishimura for making our cars drive like a champ!!
Always precision handling regarless what the condition might be!!!
P.S. Darin also won the HFF Unlimited Class

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J5VuvhF79Hs [/media]
Old 01-31-2011, 06:50 PM

thanks to Nam for the ride in his AP1. He is one impressive driver. Overall it was a fun day.. the slick roads were a good opportunity for some car control practice.

Quick Reply: 2011 S2K Challenge #1 - Buttonwillow - 1/30