S2000 Naturally Aspirated Forum Discussions about N/A motor projects, builds and technology.

From Vortech back to NA with AEM EMS

Old 11-21-2012, 04:57 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default From Vortech back to NA with AEM EMS

Is it possible to keep my ID 1000's with the base S2K map on an AEM 1052? Or should I just swap back to my stock map sensor and stock injectors? I'd rather keep the injectors on but my gas mileage is horrible and hitting 12's or occasionally high 11 AFR's. The map I am currently using is what I was dyno tuned with my Vortech setup. Thanks in advance for the help.
Old 11-21-2012, 06:40 PM
Community Organizer

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

I would definitely not do that. You were having more airflow with the supercharger even in the low end, and now your load tables are different being NA. Personally I would put everything back to stock and put your stock ecu in until A-you can either tune your EMS yourself or B-have somebody tune it for you or C-sell all those parts. If you run your car too rich you can wash out your piston rings. You do not want to do that.
Old 11-22-2012, 05:20 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Sounds like your tune in that range is off. Should not be a problem driving na with those injectors.

Fuel map is load based so doesn't matter that blower isn't there.
Old 11-22-2012, 08:20 AM

Ok, so I went ahead and adjusted the fuel map. I have yet to try it out but is there anything else I need to adjust?

Screenshot of my BOOST fuel map:

Screenshot of what I adjusted:
Old 11-22-2012, 09:17 AM

Don't run that. First I doubt it's turned on cause those target afrs are wacked. Seek a tuner or read the manual first!
Old 11-22-2012, 09:30 AM
Community Organizer

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

^My point being. And about your different load range for the blower not being there, he wasn't tuned for it being NA. I highly suggest putting all OEM stuff back in. Or you you can do a eTune with Jeff Evans. I did and it was a good investment. He will start you out with a very good base map! My suggestion though.
Old 11-22-2012, 09:41 AM

Incorrect. U realize a boosted cars part throttle is basically na right? Partial throttle on boosted car is mostly in the na range of load.
Old 11-25-2012, 07:04 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If you don't have much EFI knowledge, don't touch it. Take it to a tuner. AEM is not something you want to mess with unless you have a lot of knowledge on the subject.
Old 11-25-2012, 09:10 PM

Originally Posted by pastoli
^My point being. And about your different load range for the blower not being there, he wasn't tuned for it being NA. I highly suggest putting all OEM stuff back in. Or you you can do a eTune with Jeff Evans. I did and it was a good investment. He will start you out with a very good base map! My suggestion though.
I had a conversion with Jeff Evans about this exact situation. He told me that it is perfectly fine to drive around without the blower on (afterall, lots of people have driven with the belt off the supercharger without any issue). Only issue I can see is if he was going WOT, but hopefully he'll know better.

With SC, my BOV was always open during partial throttle/cruising anyways. I did constantly check my AFR (I have a gauge) and had no change in AFR values while driving regularly.

- Sung
Old 11-25-2012, 09:25 PM

Originally Posted by watch0bak
Originally Posted by pastoli' timestamp='1353609036' post='22166325
I had a conversion with Jeff Evans about this exact situation. He told me that it is perfectly fine to drive around without the blower on (afterall, lots of people have driven with the belt off the supercharger without any issue). Only issue I can see is if he was going WOT, but hopefully he'll know better.

With SC, my BOV was always open during partial throttle/cruising anyways. I did constantly check my AFR (I have a gauge) and had no change in AFR values while driving regularly.

- Sung

I am definitely not going WOT but my issue is when I want to accelerate onto the highway, anything more than 18% throttle gives me the low 12/high 11 AFR's. I will be taking it back to my tuner for some adjustments but I was hoping to not go that route. I can swap out my injectors, ecu, and HFC but I'd rather not go through all that hassle.

Quick Reply: From Vortech back to NA with AEM EMS