S2000 Naturally Aspirated Forum Discussions about N/A motor projects, builds and technology.

Toda ITBs installed

Old 05-12-2011, 11:05 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

what about hot air when the hood is closed?
A dyno with open hood and fresh air from the side left of the car versus ITB, does it creates a realistick situation?

thanks
Old 05-13-2011, 06:17 AM

Received 111 Likes on 87 Posts

MaDara that is a sweet looking setup. Is your tune TPS-based/alpha-N or MAP-based? Where is Autowave located and who was the tuner? You have 75whp over my Jenvey ITB setup, and I was also tuned on a Dyno Dynamics. I would HOPE that some of this is attributable to a difference in altitude and dyno correction factor used, and I am certain my car requires more tuning. I have a Berk header and a larger exhaust with a test pipe.

How does the car run when not at WOT? Are you happy with the tune? Obviously you can't complain about the power output!
Old 05-13-2011, 06:57 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Snake_s2k
what about hot air when the hood is closed?
A dyno with open hood and fresh air from the side left of the car versus ITB, does it creates a realistick situation?

thanks
I'm sure ITB's would perform pretty poorly in stop and go traffic, but engine bay temperature while cruising at higher speeds would probably be fine.

That brings up a question though, does the IAT sensor mount in one of the horns?
Old 05-13-2011, 07:41 AM

You can see MaDara's zip tied down down below the intake (right mid in his large photo). With the Jenvey setup you can mount it on the filter housing.
Old 05-13-2011, 11:36 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by rwheelz
MaDara that is a sweet looking setup. Is your tune TPS-based/alpha-N or MAP-based? Where is Autowave located and who was the tuner? You have 75whp over my Jenvey ITB setup, and I was also tuned on a Dyno Dynamics. I would HOPE that some of this is attributable to a difference in altitude and dyno correction factor used, and I am certain my car requires more tuning. I have a Berk header and a larger exhaust with a test pipe.

How does the car run when not at WOT? Are you happy with the tune? Obviously you can't complain about the power output!
Autowave located in Huntington Beach California. Mike did an amazing tuning on the car. The car screams, rips through the gears =D. Am very pleased with the tune it self. Car runs amazing @ WOT, you can hear the itbs screaming under the hood, i believe it louder than my amuse r1 titan exhaust. 63mm vs 70mm only will gain about 4hp different... huntington beach altitude is like @ zero, and temp was @ 72, and correction factored used am unsure... You might want to call them about that. But I seen Jenvey vs Toda itbs dyno back to back on the same car. Autowave can show you dyno proof of which makes more right of the back =D. Thats all the info i can give you on jenvey vs toda.
Old 05-15-2011, 08:20 PM

Originally Posted by MaDara
Originally Posted by rwheelz' timestamp='1305296262' post='20571719

Autowave located in Huntington Beach California. Mike did an amazing tuning on the car. The car screams, rips through the gears =D. Am very pleased with the tune it self. Car runs amazing @ WOT, you can hear the itbs screaming under the hood, i believe it louder than my amuse r1 titan exhaust. 63mm vs 70mm only will gain about 4hp different... huntington beach altitude is like @ zero, and temp was @ 72, and correction factored used am unsure... You might want to call them about that. But I seen Jenvey vs Toda itbs dyno back to back on the same car. Autowave can show you dyno proof of which makes more right of the back =D. Thats all the info i can give you on jenvey vs toda.

Ahhhhhh good to know! Thanks for that info.
Old 05-18-2011, 10:51 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

http://speedhunters.com/archive/2011...oon-nsx-r.aspx

Anyone good @ photoshop? Am thinking about blue-anodized velocity stacks. Anyone want to to help?
Old 10-22-2015, 06:44 AM
MB

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

Just checking if you still run the Toda ITBs?

Would love to know if you saw any performance drop using the filter socks?

I may be looking at Toda ITBs and wondering if you still need separate IACV / brake booster block or if it comes with it?
Old 10-23-2015, 06:11 AM
Member (Premium)

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by MB
Just checking if you still run the Toda ITBs?

Would love to know if you saw any performance drop using the filter socks?

I may be looking at Toda ITBs and wondering if you still need separate IACV / brake booster block or if it comes with it?
The Toda ITBs do require a separate IACV / Vaccum box of some sort. I would recommend this http://www.toda-racing.co.jp/en/prod.../iscvtank.html made by Toda themselves.
Old 10-23-2015, 09:01 AM

Received 451 Likes on 378 Posts

I would concentrate more on getting a vacuum box that can a keep strong and consistent MAP reading than a super expensive tube with a new IACV unit.
Specially if it's more for a race car like I think yours is MB?

Quick Reply: Toda ITBs installed