S2000 Naturally Aspirated Forum Discussions about N/A motor projects, builds and technology.

OBX ITB Kit! Pictures

Old 08-11-2010 | 07:41 AM

Originally Posted by wadzii,Aug 11 2010, 10:01 AM
you also have to realize that obx itbs are NOT taking any sales away from you.

there are some who would never spend $2000+ on itb's, but they will do some cleaning up on a set of $700 itb's.

Everyone knows the obx stuff is not going to be nearly as polished as yours, noone is disputing that.

personally there is no way i'd pay even twm price for ITB's but i may spend obx money on itb's, even if its just for shits and giggles.

Hell, I have alot of time and money invested in getting the new Mahle pistons to market and i cant even sell them
someone else understands this concept
Old 08-11-2010 | 08:45 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by wadzii,Aug 11 2010, 09:01 AM
you also have to realize that obx itbs are NOT taking any sales away from you.

there are some who would never spend $2000+ on itb's, but they will do some cleaning up on a set of $700 itb's.

Everyone knows the obx stuff is not going to be nearly as polished as yours, noone is disputing that.

personally there is no way i'd pay even twm price for ITB's but i may spend obx money on itb's, even if its just for shits and giggles.

Hell, I have alot of time and money invested in getting the new Mahle pistons to market and i cant even sell them
I think his sales will be impacted some, but I agree that it won't impact his sales as much as if some reputable JDM or USDM company copied and produced them for just 15% less. There will definitely be some people who might have purchased the originals, but decide to buy the OBX copies instead just to save the money for some other upgrades.
Old 08-11-2010 | 09:05 AM

After reading all the posts, I just don't want to imagine what will happen if these ITBs really add good power to my car

but like i said before, I, only bought them to have the look when I pop the hood and hear the sound when I push the gas that's it
Old 08-11-2010 | 09:31 AM

Originally Posted by bug man nrg,Aug 10 2010, 06:18 PM
I do not need to go out and get a set of the OBX ITBs .OBX came to me at the PRI show and told me that they was a race team so i sold them set up's for there cars and the F ckers sent the kits out an made them over sea .I do not have any thing to hide on this matter .I use jenvey and i stand by the parts i sell and install.
R&D cost lots of money and time .Think about that when you buy a copy
You have no right to be mad. You aren't Jenvey or TWM, you just sell their parts. Grow up. Shit, my S2000 is for sale and I might buy an OBX kit just to spite you. There's no way in hell I would ever do business with someone like you, that's for damn sure. You probably can't even spell professionalism (even after reading this).
Old 08-11-2010 | 11:09 AM
Banned

Who cares if they are copies. Mercedes invented the automobile. You dont see only Mercedez out there today or do you? Same goes for the toaster oven, the pen, etc etc etc. All copies of the first guy that thought about it and invested in the R&D.
Old 08-11-2010 | 11:51 AM

Originally Posted by ABCVTEC,Aug 11 2010, 01:31 PM
You have no right to be mad. You aren't Jenvey or TWM, you just sell their parts. Grow up. Shit, my S2000 is for sale and I might buy an OBX kit just to spite you. There's no way in hell I would ever do business with someone like you, that's for damn sure. You probably can't even spell professionalism (even after reading this).
Old 08-11-2010 | 01:01 PM

Yeah I caught myself being hypocritical while I was posting but I didn't bother to fix it. I can appreciate bugman's "passion" but it's just coming off as unprofessional.

Anyway, it will be fun to see the results once OP has the time to get them on and tuned.
Old 08-11-2010 | 06:37 PM

Originally Posted by ABCVTEC,Aug 11 2010, 09:31 AM
I have no right to be mad hold on when you spend hudreds of man hours on R&D to help Jenvey make parts for the USA market just to get ripped of is not right ,So how can you say i have no right to be mad .look at what they did to Lance Hayward Performance this man spent a lot of time and cash in R&D to get ripped to by OBX. what am i missing here ?
Old 08-11-2010 | 11:38 PM

You need to take that up with OBX, not a customer of theirs.
Old 08-12-2010 | 05:46 AM

^^ actually, you need to take that up wit OBX themselves. hahaha

Quick Reply: OBX ITB Kit! Pictures