S2000 Naturally Aspirated Forum Discussions about N/A motor projects, builds and technology.

OBX ITB Kit! Pictures

Old 08-09-2010 | 10:57 PM

Originally Posted by krnmike,Aug 9 2010, 09:19 PM
i like mack's style. straight forward.
You're pretty ****** rude.

To the bastards complaining: Go out and buy the kit and do the research yourself.
Old 08-10-2010 | 02:12 AM

Originally Posted by ABCVTEC,Aug 9 2010, 10:57 PM

To the bastards complaining: Go out and buy the kit and do the research yourself.
Old 08-10-2010 | 06:20 AM

Originally Posted by bug man nrg,Aug 9 2010, 06:09 PM
HE IS NOT THE ONLY ONE THAT HAS THE OBX KIT .OBX sold a alot of kits all over the USA and yet there is no kits on the forum that is on a s2000 yet
MAN UP and post if they work or not
We all know that
Jenvey
TWM
Kinsler
hilborn
all work where is the OBx kit
Really? know anyone ELSE that uses this kit?

What i know is, Batikan is our ONLY source for a detailed product review. And he's also got better things to do than sit around and pamper his S2000. So until then, let's give the guy a break and patiently wait for his decent review. If he doesn't come up wit one, no worries, he's not an obliged guinea pig to do so anyways.
Old 08-10-2010 | 06:34 AM

Ok guys let's be civil. I don't want to have to start editing posts and issuing suspensions. Read the FAQ, no name calling.

You don't want to get this thread locked either so everyone calm down.
Old 08-10-2010 | 08:40 AM

Sorry for losing my cool but that's just disrespectful. He's doing the community a favor by posting this information eventually. He doesn't have to do this at all so stop taking people like him for granted.
Old 08-10-2010 | 09:27 AM

^^ What he said. Sorry mods
Old 08-10-2010 | 09:59 AM

Originally Posted by batikan,Aug 2 2010, 02:54 AM
guys, I was doing my military service and just completed it.
Thanks for your service Ignore the crazy libs.
Old 08-10-2010 | 06:18 PM

Originally Posted by ABCVTEC,Aug 9 2010, 10:57 PM

I do not need to go out and get a set of the OBX ITBs .OBX came to me at the PRI show and told me that they was a race team so i sold them set up's for there cars and the F ckers sent the kits out an made them over sea .I do not have any thing to hide on this matter .I use jenvey and i stand by the parts i sell and install.
R&D cost lots of money and time .Think about that when you buy a copy
Old 08-11-2010 | 03:24 AM

Originally Posted by bug man nrg,Aug 10 2010, 09:18 PM
I do not need to go out and get a set of the OBX ITBs .OBX came to me at the PRI show and told me that they was a race team so i sold them set up's for there cars and the F ckers sent the kits out an made them over sea .I do not have any thing to hide on this matter .I use jenvey and i stand by the parts i sell and install.
I understand what you are saying but you are only looking at this situation from your own perspective.

If you read my signature, you will see how much money I spent on my last S2000 (btw, that car was built in 2006 meaning that was those times when not too many people were doing turbos etc) I spent more than $30.000 on my car alone on parts.

I moved overseas back to my home country. I started my build last month eventhough I purchased that parts long time ago.

The car I am building will be a strictly show car. Just for the looks. I purchased Amuse Widebody, Spoon Hardtop etc that already added a lot of weight to the car. I am running 275 in the rear which will also slow the car down a lot.

That is why I purchased the OBX ITB. Only because no one did ITB over here and I wanted to have a unique car. I will be OK if doesn't add any power at all. I will be happy by just having the ITB sound in the car.

If I were to build an NA car, instead of adding all those weight, I would deduct weight, put a stroker and add Jenveys for all the money I spent but that was not my goal.

The only reason I started this topic was to help people on the board get an idea on the ITBs. I will add all the input I can when doing the build from start to finish and see what the OBX do (Again, this topics purpose is only to help people get an idea on the OBX ITBs, I am not here to defend OBX)
Old 08-11-2010 | 06:01 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by bug man nrg,Aug 10 2010, 09:18 PM
you also have to realize that obx itbs are NOT taking any sales away from you.

there are some who would never spend $2000+ on itb's, but they will do some cleaning up on a set of $700 itb's.

Everyone knows the obx stuff is not going to be nearly as polished as yours, noone is disputing that.

personally there is no way i'd pay even twm price for ITB's but i may spend obx money on itb's, even if its just for shits and giggles.

Hell, I have alot of time and money invested in getting the new Mahle pistons to market and i cant even sell them

Quick Reply: OBX ITB Kit! Pictures