S2000 Naturally Aspirated Forum Discussions about N/A motor projects, builds and technology.

n/a build help

Old 03-15-2015, 04:02 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default n/a build help

need some help, wanting too build a N/A project. idea was laskey racing port and valve job with supertech valve springs and retainers, but idk what cams too run? the best bang for my buck. and also would it be worth it too put higher compression pistons in it too make more power? or not. and headgasket? should i run a thinner head gasket? i just need some help thanks
Old 03-16-2015, 01:12 PM
Former Sponsor

We have great pricing on the Supertech Valve Spring and Retainer kits!

http://store.excelerateperformance.c...s/g-50962.aspx

Bang for the buck, you'd be better off going forced induction. We have awesome pricing on the Kraftwerks Supercharger kits! If your determined to stay N/A, I'd look into cams, springs/retainers, maybe a stroker kit. When you get into boring the engine or bigger pistons, you end up with more complications in my experience.
Old 03-17-2015, 09:26 AM
Community Organizer
Community Organizer

Received 554 Likes on 506 Posts

And if you’re going to spend thousands opening up the engine for major surgery, you might as well forget it and put it towards FI and see some real benefits to the rear wheels. Short of ditching the cat and lowering vtec to get a nice bump in mid range, your bang for buck quickly diminishes from there. After that you can plan on spending about $100 per 1 hp. How many hundreds do you have and are eager to give up for chasing 15-20hp? Stroking the motor makes a notable improvement in trq and hp at the sacrifice of rev range, and again it isnt cheap, you have to really want to stay NA on principal alone, because dollar for dollar it will fall short compared to FI on money spent.
Old 03-19-2015, 09:49 AM

Received 17 Likes on 9 Posts

everyone loves shooting the FI gun
Old 03-19-2015, 02:16 PM

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Nsanes2k
Because NA bullets are limited unless have money growing on trees
Old 03-19-2015, 04:12 PM

Originally Posted by JUSTINTHECOASTIE
Originally Posted by Nsanes2k' timestamp='1426787398' post='23546664

Not everyone is lookin for crazy power ..some people just want a solid n/a power that instantly there at push of a pedal and don't want the problems That FI can bring .. By the looks of where he posted this thread seems he wants a N/a setup with a little more beef in power.
Old 03-19-2015, 05:45 PM

is it possible too maybe pull 250 to the tire with stock bottom end and fully built head, injectors, and aem ems?? thats all im looking for, i dont want the problems with FI, and im a N/A guy anyway i like the way the power comes with all motor that boosted.
Old 03-19-2015, 10:35 PM

Originally Posted by JakeS2ki
is it possible too maybe pull 250 to the tire with stock bottom end and fully built head, injectors, and aem ems?? thats all im looking for, i dont want the problems with FI, and im a N/A guy anyway i like the way the power comes with all motor that boosted.
I've seen people come close
"B.r.i.a.n " the turner which is from around my area made about 242whp
N/a on his ap1 with custom cold air intake ,3" exhaust Don't know exactly what header and he is running bigger injectors on e85 with haltech with some nice head work and using legit bolts I could be possible but remember its a numbers game you aren't really lookin for that high number but for the power curve and how steady the power band is ..
Old 03-20-2015, 03:00 PM

Originally Posted by Nsanes2k
Originally Posted by JUSTINTHECOASTIE' timestamp='1426803386' post='23547023
[quote name='Nsanes2k' timestamp='1426787398' post='23546664']

Not everyone is lookin for crazy power ..some people just want a solid n/a power that instantly there at push of a pedal and don't want the problems That FI can bring .. By the looks of where he posted this thread seems he wants a N/a setup with a little more beef in power.
[/quote]
Fi doesn't mean crazy power....I know NA vehicles that required more maintenance than Fi vehicles...like it was stated above, if the OP wants to begin a long stream of pissing money away with NA mods and maintenance. Compare 280whp/tq from a FI car to 280whp/tq a NA.
Old 03-20-2015, 03:02 PM

Originally Posted by JakeS2ki
From experience, I would suggest not even touching the head until to stroke the bottom end and get EMS if you're going NA and serious about it. FI doesn't create problems when done correctly, just let us know when things get expensive

Quick Reply: n/a build help