S2000 Naturally Aspirated Forum Discussions about N/A motor projects, builds and technology.

Just tuned my Ap2 on Haltech Sport 1000.. +26whp!

Old 11-15-2010, 08:09 AM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Just came back from getting '05 ap2 tuned with the haltech 1000 with pnp harness. Super quick instal and easy for when I need to swap in the oem ecu for inspections. Just a few things I noticed about the unit

The temp gauge is fully functional

The start up is close to oem

The numbers were where expected with bolt ons 225hp and 167tq. The midrange gain was unreal. Car feels very strong now from way down low all the way to the top.

Jeff Evans had only great things to say about this unit we'll see how it does over time.

Jeff had a promo for the unit and harness and since then the prices went up around 10-15%, however the unit with harness will be around $1500 I believe. Love the unit so far and definitely recommend going to jeff Evans if you're close to get it tuned. He's a pro, no doubt.
Old 11-15-2010, 08:13 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SvkBBS2k,Nov 15 2010, 12:09 PM
Just came back from getting '05 ap2 tuned with the haltech 1000 with pnp harness. Super quick instal and easy for when I need to swap in the oem ecu for inspections. Just a few things I noticed about the unit

The numbers were where expected with bolt ons 225hp and 167tq. The midrange gain was unreal. Car feels very strong now from way down low all the way to the top.

Jeff Evans had only great things to say about this unit we'll see how it does over time.

Jeff had a promo for the unit and harness and since then the prices went up around 10-15%, however the unit with harness will be around $1500 I believe. Love the unit so far and definitely recommend going to jeff Evans if you're close to get it tuned. He's a pro, no doubt.
Great Review.. Yes unfortunately the prices have gone up as the AUS dollar went up.. Starting is very close to stock which is what i love compared to AEM that starts like sh1t usually.. On E85 in Winter with AEM you better plan to have 2 batteries because it will kill them.. Thats 1 thing i love about Haltech it fires like stock not on 720 degrees of rotation like AEM..

Mike
Old 11-15-2010, 08:20 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by SvkBBS2k,Nov 15 2010, 09:09 AM

Great review.
So with haltech, still need to remove for inspection huh?
Have you had AEM? Is haltech much easier to remove than AEM ones?
Old 11-15-2010, 09:10 AM

Originally Posted by crispeed,Nov 15 2010, 08:06 AM
Here's the AP1/AP2 up to 05 PNP setup.

Here's the results testing on an AP1. Did not spend as much time tuning as the AP2 above. Was basically doing an initial base setup for development. I'm sure with more tuning greater power would be gained especially in the VTEC activation area.

Stock vs Haltech ecu
is the a/f tune on the lean side? 14 and a spike to crazy lean around 5800?
Old 11-15-2010, 09:15 AM

If you put in a test pipe and exhaust, you should be able to lower VTEC to around 4k.

Also make sure you are advancing the timing in the new VTEC range between 4-6k to maximize gains.

On corn fuel, you should be able to advance timing even more for additional power.
Old 11-15-2010, 09:29 AM

Originally Posted by urBan_dK,Nov 15 2010, 01:15 PM
If you put in a test pipe and exhaust, you should be able to lower VTEC to around 4k.

Also make sure you are advancing the timing in the new VTEC range between 4-6k to maximize gains.

On corn fuel, you should be able to advance timing even more for additional power.
Timing did NOTHING at all low or top on E85 believe it or not.. In theory you would think yes it would work but its not taking it at all.. Well see with Cat removed how it goes..

Mike
Old 11-15-2010, 09:37 AM

Originally Posted by Mike@AWDmotorsports,Nov 15 2010, 10:29 AM
Timing did NOTHING at all low or top on E85 believe it or not.. In theory you would think yes it would work but its not taking it at all.. Well see with Cat removed how it goes..

Mike
Surprising. Perhaps removing the cat will make the difference.

I know when I advanced timing at the new VTEC point on my car I picked up additional torque. I also had a full exhaust (header, test pipe, 70mm single exhaust).
Old 11-15-2010, 09:39 AM

Originally Posted by urBan_dK,Nov 15 2010, 01:37 PM
Surprising. Perhaps removing the cat will make the difference.

I know when I advanced timing at the new VTEC point on my car I picked up additional torque. I also had a full exhaust (header, test pipe, 70mm single exhaust).
Thats my thoughts is the Cat is restricting the car and now allowing more gains on E85.. Well see how it goes later today with cat out.. Then well do the ap1 cams and springs retainers and see what the overall gains are..

Mike
Old 11-15-2010, 12:00 PM

Originally Posted by Mike@AWDmotorsports,Nov 15 2010, 10:29 AM

Mike
Pickup looks consistent which is nice, any idea what the average delta is? Is it ~4hp, or is higher midrange and lower up top.

For me e85 is likely required to extract full HP at a reasonable cost(I mean I could run 100OCTT at $5-6 a gallon). But that's because comp is 12.7 on 91 so timing is extremely conservative. I think we are on the low end of stock right now for safety.

e85 will be tuned once we get some cams.
Old 11-15-2010, 02:30 PM

Originally Posted by silvermonster,Nov 15 2010, 10:10 AM
is the a/f tune on the lean side? 14 and a spike to crazy lean around 5800?
Allready compensated for that on the tune. Also the dyno wideband in the exhaust tip was reading almost half a point leaner than it was at the motor.

Quick Reply: Just tuned my Ap2 on Haltech Sport 1000.. +26whp!