S2000 Naturally Aspirated Forum Discussions about N/A motor projects, builds and technology.

greddy e-manage ultimate with itb's?

Old 10-03-2008, 08:40 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nice explanation wildcard, its good to see people who have the knowledge to back up what they say.

But back to my question, why specifically can you not use the Emanage ULT to tune for ITBs?
Old 10-03-2008, 10:13 AM

I never answered your initial question because I have no personal experience with the greddy I say give it a try, and after you're done playing around with it and want it to run like a champ, sell it and get an AEM
Old 10-03-2008, 05:13 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by S2Kage,Oct 3 2008, 08:40 AM
Nice explanation wildcard, its good to see people who have the knowledge to back up what they say.

But back to my question, why specifically can you not use the Emanage ULT to tune for ITBs?
Piggybacks run off the factory ecu and sensors. ITB's eliminate some of these sensors so you have to have a standalone ecu to work with what sensors are left.

I have no experience with emanage, but the theory is universal.
Old 10-05-2008, 11:25 AM

Piggybacks run off the factory ecu and sensors. ITB's eliminate some of these sensors so you have to have a standalone ecu to work with what sensors are left.

I have no experience with emanage, but the theory is universal. thumbsup.gif
Yes, so this is what I was wondering:

I do not know too much about which sensors need to be removed so my question is:

Is there a way to instead of remove those sensors, use them with the ITB setup? If that were so wouldn't tuning then be easier also?
Old 10-05-2008, 11:37 AM

Originally Posted by S2Kage,Oct 5 2008, 11:25 AM
Yes, so this is what I was wondering:

I do not know too much about which sensors need to be removed so my question is:

Is there a way to instead of remove those sensors, use them with the ITB setup? If that were so wouldn't tuning then be easier also?
If there were a way then all ITB manufacturers would have incorporated this into their kits. Having an ITB kit that could be run on the factory ecu/piggyback would be bigger than eggo waffles.....

....regretfully that won't be happening.
Old 10-05-2008, 10:44 PM

Well, look at an M3... they manage. Why? What do we have differently that cannot be modified? Just pushing it aside by saying big ITB manufacturers would do it if its possible isn't a way to look at things. There's a lot of things people do that big time manufacturers do not do and that's how new companies form with new ideas and new products.
Old 10-05-2008, 11:23 PM

Originally Posted by S2Kage,Oct 5 2008, 10:44 PM
Well, look at an M3... they manage. Why?
????

I am not sure what you are referring to. As far as I know, M3's do not have ITB's off the production line. Any M3 that is running an ITB system will also need to run a Standalone EMS.

BTW - I do understand you point. However, if you are familiar with the sensors lost and how an ITB system operates then you would understand why an "aftermarket" system will never co-operate with the factory Ecu.

I put that in quotations because there are production vehicles that come with ITB's. The missing link is that the manufacturer makes a "special" ecu to run them and still pass emissions.

With and endless parts bin and plenty of technical know-how they can make any car run ITB's off the line. You can very well engineer an ITB system to run on a factory ecu if you have Donald Trumps wallet.

GL in your quest
Old 10-06-2008, 04:22 PM

Yeah thats what I dont understand and i want to know lol

M3s have an ITM system well thats what i was wondering--if there was a way to incorporate some of that technology onto our own usage.
Old 10-07-2008, 09:04 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

At this point, it would be incredibly cost-restrictive as opposed to just getting a stand-alone
Old 10-07-2008, 09:45 PM

prolly right, ah well figured id try to rack someones brain but I guess its pretty much impossible... Standalone it is... anyone want to trade an emanage ult for an EMS ?? =P jk

Quick Reply: greddy e-manage ultimate with itb's?