S2000 Naturally Aspirated Forum Discussions about N/A motor projects, builds and technology.

Feezy's Toda ITB Build and Discussion Thread

Old 09-16-2024 | 08:33 AM

Originally Posted by flanders
If your fuel trims max out during closed loop you need to adjust the fuel tables.
Have you synchronized your throttle bodies?
If you aim your idle to 1000rpm at operating temp there should not be any problems keeping AFR at 14.7
Yes the itbs were synchronised. I cannot bring the fuel table values lower because the car will not idle well and it leans out alot when I step on the throttle even though acceleration enrichment is maxed at that rpm. I believe it is because there is not enough air in during idle to command a higher fuel delivery and yet not enough fuel to move off at the right afr. The throttle body screw is not a foolproof way as the car stalls during colds starts when I open the throttle plate up more. End up I need to reduce my idle ignition to sustain the idle, which is counter intuitive.
​​​​
I am trying to get the car working as close to factory as possible. Hence, I wanted to check with TS if the ISCV really helps.
Old Yesterday | 10:37 PM
5 Year Member

Originally Posted by Holyvampire
Yes the itbs were synchronised. I cannot bring the fuel table values lower because the car will not idle well and it leans out alot when I step on the throttle even though acceleration enrichment is maxed at that rpm. I believe it is because there is not enough air in during idle to command a higher fuel delivery and yet not enough fuel to move off at the right afr. The throttle body screw is not a foolproof way as the car stalls during colds starts when I open the throttle plate up more. End up I need to reduce my idle ignition to sustain the idle, which is counter intuitive.
​​​​
I am trying to get the car working as close to factory as possible. Hence, I wanted to check with TS if the ISCV really helps.
that is a tuning issue. After start trims and other adder tables are not correct. Many tuners will not use a MAP sensor adder table since it’s alpha N. Which will make it a bit rougher to fine tune.
what are you using to tune? When you refer to fuel enrichment, you’re talking wall wetting, right? There’s no way you could max that out and still go lean unless you have other issues or the tuning software is super restrictive.

i had to add a bunch of wall wetting in order to rev match on downshifts. Idling is pretty straight forward and my itbs are quite a bit larger, which should make it more difficult to idle. I still dont need an Iacv.