S2000 Naturally Aspirated Forum Discussions about N/A motor projects, builds and technology.

Feezy's Toda ITB Build and Discussion Thread

Old 11-07-2018 | 10:51 PM
5 Year Member

Originally Posted by Feezy
No updates really. I picked up a Mugen v2 intake from S2kAndTheAnt (Thank you very much!), I installed it and removed it twice so far. It's pretty incredible how tight the intake fits.

The car is currently getting ready for paint. I'm sure you've seen but I picked up a hood for it and I've been playing with the car to get it set up. Like everything else I do I spend way to much time in the details and progress is very slow. The hood is very light weight and I had to have a latch fabricated, as well as figure out a new spring solution for the OEM latch as it was way to powerful for the new hood. All of that is pretty much done, and I've got a few lips that need a bit of work before paint. Soon as all of that's that done the the hood, spare bumpers, and spare lips are going for paint. I'll start diving into this ITB nonsense after that.

In fact the car is an entirely different animal than it was when I started this project. It went from the heavy three piece wheels with Tein Flex suspension to CE28s, KW Clubsports, with a fully refreshed suspension (every single nut, bolt, boot, and clip were brand new), and new Mugen suspension bushings everywhere. I have a ton of updates to put out, I just need to sit down and hammer it out one of these days.
Too much time in the details is a good thing

Really wanna see/hear those Toda Power ITB's at full chat soon as they're up and running!
Old 04-10-2019 | 09:19 AM

In for updates! Would love ITBs one day!
Old 09-09-2019 | 12:22 AM

Whats the hold up on this? Would like to hear and see this up and running.
Old 09-16-2019 | 10:27 AM

Originally Posted by F1TwoThousand
Whats the hold up on this? Would like to hear and see this up and running.
I move like a turtle, and the speed in which I work on my cars is directly related to the amount of Internet Dragons I'm killing.

That being said, I've ordered a vacuum block, and I'm deciding in injectors, ecu, and FPR and I should have them all ordered in the next week. I'm aiming to get these installed onto the car sooner rather than later now.

The other motivating factor is Andrew. I've been talking with him a bunch and it's really sparked my motivation to get my car done. It's nice to have someone to bounce ideas off of, as well as having someone else who want's some of the same custom parts. It make it a little bit more tolerable both from an effort and financial standpoint. It's been interesting talking with him and planning everything out. I've been down this road before, but he hasn't. I'm also doing this on an AP1, and he's working with a DBW AP2. Lots of little differences and nuances between the sets ups. I'm really excited to see it all play out.

I'll have a bunch of update here shortly, I promise. I just need to get the parts here, and lay everything out.
Old 09-17-2019 | 07:13 AM

Following because I am just came across Andrew's car via Instagram... Do you have an instagram as well in which you post updates? I am excited to watch this all unfold as I am eager to do Toda ITBs on my car once I complete my exterior. I already have a Mugen intake and an Origin Fab intake arm that I would hope to use to feed cool air to the box with.

EDIT: Just saw the link to your instagram in your signature... Lol.
Old 09-17-2019 | 07:34 AM
Banned
Member (Premium)

Originally Posted by St00k
Following because I am just came across Andrew's car via Instagram... Do you have an instagram as well in which you post updates? I am excited to watch this all unfold as I am eager to do Toda ITBs on my car once I complete my exterior. I already have a Mugen intake and an Origin Fab intake arm that I would hope to use to feed cool air to the box with.

EDIT: Just saw the link to your instagram in your signature... Lol.
The Toda surge tank has a larger inlet hole than OEM and moved up and to the LH of the engine bay. You may make it work with some Samco adapters/extensions, this is something I will be doing with my MUGEN intake, ASM/Samco intake arm and Toda ITB/surge tank setup. I like the other 2 have no ETA on when I would finish this project. I have the special order 2x2 weave surge tank though. It's just a 1x1 weave surge tank and they put one layer of 2x2 weave fabric on the top. Toda offers Carbon/Kevlar too, but that one is completely made out of the material.
Old 09-17-2019 | 08:08 AM

Originally Posted by jackmugen02
The Toda surge tank has a larger inlet hole than OEM and moved up and to the LH of the engine bay. You may make it work with some Samco adapters/extensions, this is something I will be doing with my MUGEN intake, ASM/Samco intake arm and Toda ITB/surge tank setup. I like the other 2 have no ETA on when I would finish this project. I have the special order 2x2 weave surge tank though. It's just a 1x1 weave surge tank and they put one layer of 2x2 weave fabric on the top. Toda offers Carbon/Kevlar too, but that one is completely made out of the material.

Thats a good point about the positioning being changed, I could have the arm cut at one of the pie cuts and redone. Or just sell the old arm have a new arm made for the Toda Racing surge tank. Would definitely prefer a 2x2 weave to match up with the whole front of my car considering I have a Voltex Race bumper and will have a 2x2 CF double sided j’s hood.
The following users liked this post:
Mike RT4 (09-18-2019)
Old 09-17-2019 | 08:20 AM
10 Year Member

Does these Toda surge tanks really fit LHD cars without removing the brake booster?
Old 09-17-2019 | 08:23 AM
Banned
Member (Premium)

Originally Posted by flanders
Does these Toda surge tanks really fit LHD cars without removing the brake booster?
Yes, larger surge tanks like the J's Racing one don't.
Old 09-17-2019 | 09:42 AM

Originally Posted by flanders

Sure does, what makes you think it doesn’t?

The following 2 users liked this post by St00k:
kenstyle (08-10-2021), Mike RT4 (09-18-2019)