S2000 Naturally Aspirated Forum Discussions about N/A motor projects, builds and technology.

Cooling Plate + Radiator Fitment?

Old 11-01-2015, 07:51 AM
Member (Premium)

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Cooling Plate + Radiator Fitment?

Dear fellow members,

Currently I have the k&n fipk on the car.

I just ordered a Koyo radiator which I'm planning to install next spring when the S comes out of storage
I am contemplating on getting an AUT cooling plate to work with the k&n fipk

So I was searching online for pics of the AUT cooling plate with aftermarket radiators and I couldn't find anything.
Will the AUT cooling plate not work over aftermarket radiators?

In addition, are there any cooling plates (both functional and non functional) that will work with aftermarket radiators?
I look at pictures of engine bays all the time, and the cooling plates always grabbed my attention since they make the whole engine bay so much nicer
Old 11-01-2015, 07:54 PM
Community Organizer
Community Organizer

Received 554 Likes on 506 Posts

All cooling plates should fit no matter what radiator you are running. The radiator is on the other side of the cross member so there is no interference. The trick to making the cooling plate actually work, is to remove the factory one entirely, and then you need to notch/cut out the underside of the hood to clear and allow air to pass between the hood and get to the filter. A snorkel or custom or bought should be placed in the mix as well. This helps direct the air form the grill to up under the hood. So several things that are part of the chain to get a good functional set up. Quite effective in keeping AIT much lower then stock and of course that equates to power. About 3hp per 10F. 30F differential is common between modded and not.
Old 11-02-2015, 11:59 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have the AUT plate with aftermarket radiator, no issues.