S2000 Naturally Aspirated Forum Discussions about N/A motor projects, builds and technology.
View Poll Results: Which intake is better PWJDM or ARC?
PWJDM
81.48%
ARC
18.52%
Voters: 54. You may not vote on this poll

ARC vs PWJDM

Old 01-15-2013 | 08:16 PM

I opened this thread because i recently just bought an ARC intake(will arrive Thursday) and i was offered to trade for a PWJDM, i think what i'm going to do is test the ARC for a few months and then if it seems to be worth it i will keep it. I will test it without being gold wrapped and being wrapped. Once it comes in i was thinking about DIY on arc intake install and also opening up another thread for the test results
Old 01-16-2013 | 04:19 AM
Former Sponsor

It's really just a common sense issue here. If you look at the ARC you can tell it will heat soak bad. This is also backed up by many owners who have had heat soak with it.

PWJDM intake seems to make nice power. It is quite expensive and seems to be fairly poor quality especially for the money.

Personally I'd just go with the K&N FIPK for solid gains, good quality, sound and very inexpensive.
Old 01-16-2013 | 04:47 AM

Originally Posted by Moddiction
Personally I'd just go with the K&N FIPK for solid gains, good quality, sound and very inexpensive.

Thats what I just did, was looking at both the PWJDM intake/ ARC intake or just hollowing out my airbox and putting a spoon filter in + spoon air duct.

K&N was the best bang for the buck and sounds amazing!
Old 01-16-2013 | 06:02 AM

you don't think wrapping it in gold wrap will help with the heat soak? and maybe if this thing is as bad as everyone says it is ill get rid of it and fipk lol no worries
Old 02-22-2013 | 11:19 PM

bkresge, how did the Arc intake work out for you?

Any idea if the Arc intake will clear aftermarket radiators (koyo)?
Old 02-24-2013 | 06:06 AM

Originally Posted by Moddiction
It's really just a common sense issue here. If you look at the ARC you can tell it will heat soak bad. This is also backed up by many owners who have had heat soak with it.

PWJDM intake seems to make nice power. It is quite expensive and seems to be fairly poor quality especially for the money.

^^^ This. ARC = looks over gains. Not many cup of tea. If your not worried about the money go with Password JDM, if your considering the money go with K&N
Old 02-26-2013 | 04:28 AM

Would be cool to see a ARC intake somehow mounted similar to that of an intercooler.
No idea if possible or not but eh..
Old 05-12-2013 | 05:38 AM

Sorry guys ive been away so long, so basically all the rumors of heat soaking are true, unfortunately my intake temp on hot days are close to my water temps i would say i average around maybe 120F for intake temps which is crazy i don't really live in a hot area either, i have yet to gold wrap it or heat wrap the piping but i don't think that would make that much of a difference, overall its an amazing looking intake i get compliments all the time on it but performance wise i think its lacking, i can feel a slight power loss in the low end and some hesitation around 3k, i think i'm going to eventually get rid of it and either go pwjdm or fipk
Old 05-12-2013 | 05:39 AM

Originally Posted by AP1NYT
bkresge, how did the Arc intake work out for you?

Any idea if the Arc intake will clear aftermarket radiators (koyo)?
i have no clue? sorry lol
Old 05-12-2013 | 06:15 AM

ARC sucks nothing. No gains with this aluminum shoebox. Don't believe the hype.

Quick Reply: ARC vs PWJDM