S2000 Naturally Aspirated Forum Discussions about N/A motor projects, builds and technology.
View Poll Results: Which intake is better PWJDM or ARC?
PWJDM
81.48%
ARC
18.52%
Voters: 54. You may not vote on this poll

ARC vs PWJDM

Old 01-14-2013 | 02:05 AM

Default ARC vs PWJDM

I have used the search button so don't flame me, i have done plenty of research concerning the PWJDM intake and the pros and cons, but i have been having a hard time finding answers and hard evidence on the ARC, I've heard a lot of things from people that haven't actually ran the intake before and the ones that do seem to say other wise. Is there anyone who has ran both intakes before and can tell me which one they prefer, or someone who has had either and how they like them so far? This would be very helpful
Old 01-14-2013 | 04:19 AM

The password jdm seems to be the intake to give the most power gain over almost every intake out there as far as the arc people agree that intake is more for "looks" as it heatsoaks a lot and might lose some power....personally I seen the password and would recommend it
Old 01-14-2013 | 06:11 AM

If you searched then y ou would know that the ARC intake is terrible. Every account I've seen mentions the ARC losing power and heat soaking which isnt surprising being that it is a giant metal enclosure. The PWJDM intakes has been proven to make power, but has varying fitment issues.
Old 01-14-2013 | 06:55 AM

That pretty much sums it up.

PWJDM for power and bling?( I had it and it worked great)

ARC for just bling bling, soaks heat and loses power.

Lock thread.
Old 01-14-2013 | 08:57 AM

Originally Posted by BEASTMODE
If you searched then y ou would know that the ARC intake is terrible. Every account I've seen mentions the ARC losing power and heat soaking which isnt surprising being that it is a giant metal enclosure. The PWJDM intakes has been proven to make power, but has varying fitment issues.
i did search and mostly everyone that said it heat soaks never owned it, i was just wondering if there was any hard evidence that this intake in fact looses power
Old 01-15-2013 | 02:51 AM

considering that intake gains/loses are always between the 5% margin of error of a dyno, and that a dyno does not reproduce the necessary conditions to evaluate the intake performance (the car is not even moving), you will have a hard time finding the definitive proof that the intake is actually gaining or losing power..
Old 01-15-2013 | 04:05 AM

Originally Posted by deibit
considering that intake gains/loses are always between the 5% margin of error of a dyno, and that a dyno does not reproduce the necessary conditions to evaluate the intake performance (the car is not even moving), you will have a hard time finding the definitive proof that the intake is actually gaining or losing power..
Very useful information thank you, do you know anything about the heat soak rumor? Have you heard of anyone actually doing tests of intake temps?
Old 01-15-2013 | 04:39 AM

I don't know of any IAT comparison test..

Personally I would choose an intake that maximizes speed and volume, minimizes temperature and assures a constant volume of air to be sucked at all times (but ok, there are more complex things to consider like resonances etc etc...)

I would not feel very comfortable with the ARC.. does not seem to do much good regarding speed and temperature..

But I also don't feel too much comfortable with the PWJDM (I find the elbow opening too narrow for my taste).
Old 01-15-2013 | 08:34 AM

The only person I know that has done street testing of intakes is Gernby. I know he did a review on the PWJDM system and he mentioned possibly testing others.
Old 01-15-2013 | 08:14 PM

Originally Posted by BEASTMODE
The only person I know that has done street testing of intakes is Gernby. I know he did a review on the PWJDM system and he mentioned possibly testing others.
yeah he did some amazing testing on that intake

Quick Reply: ARC vs PWJDM