S2000 Naturally Aspirated Forum Discussions about N/A motor projects, builds and technology.

anyone regret the catback exhaust they bought?

Old 04-28-2012 | 06:47 AM

Originally Posted by cadams05nfr
Originally Posted by Carbon Blue' timestamp='1334459956' post='21608565
[quote name='fin man' timestamp='1333737716' post='21583022']
Finally, my Tanabe Medalion Touring exhaust arrived. I have to say no regrets so far. Fitment was perfect, quality is excellent. The first fire up had a tiny bit of drone but I will wait until the gaskets and exhaust break in before I re check the seals at each joint. The tail pipes do not stick out like some people have noted with their Tanabe Medalion Touring. I think they're perfect. The total exhaust weight is 41 lbs so there's only a slight weight saving of 11 or 12 lbs from the stock cat back. I revved the car through the full rpm range and there was no throttle-lift rasp just smooth even tone.
wow that looks great! All the tanabe medalion tourings I have seen extend atleast another 2 inches from the stock location. Do you happen to have any more side profile pics from a further distance? how much did you pay for that and where did you purchase from?
Also in for some more pics. I absolutely love that exhaust. I am stuck between it and the single 75mm HKS hi power. I just hate having to spend even more money buying a single because it looks tacky if you leave the second opening on an ap2 bumper!
[/quote]

I just installed a Tanabe Medalion Touring on my 2006 S2000 last night with a Berk HFC. It sounds incredible, a very good tone and perfect volume. Suprisingly, the tips sit perfectly in the bumper, look at the pictures I just took:

Old 04-28-2012 | 08:56 PM

NICE! howd you get it to sit like that? Most I see of the Medalion; the tips stick out pretty far. Do you have a straight shot of the car from the rear?
Old 04-28-2012 | 09:27 PM

I personally love my ap2 Mugen exhaust. Dropped 20lbs and kept te exhaust dual. A little pricy but I didn't want drone and of course I wanted more than sound.
Old 04-29-2012 | 08:00 PM

Berk 3" had it for 9 days and hated it. My best description of it is Load and boomy. Glad my I didn't sell my T1r 70r em, had it for over and year prior to getting the Berk and still curently running it no regrets on it.
Old 04-30-2012 | 12:29 AM

Another happy T1R 70EM customer. No regrets at all so far.
Old 04-30-2012 | 12:36 AM

How is the drone on the invidia n1 single, compared to the dual? Less or more? It looks like the invidia 70mm single will be my next exhaust
Old 04-30-2012 | 12:47 AM

I have the Fujitsubo RM01A, and while it doesn't drone, and its not excessively loud I kinda wish I had the Greddy SE instead.
Old 05-01-2012 | 06:16 PM

I had a skunk2 megapower, which is basically the invidia N1. The drone doesn't bother me too much, I love the way it sounds. I only have heard the n1 dual in person though, not the N1 single.
Old 05-02-2012 | 08:47 AM

I started with a dual spectrum elite. It's nice, but I wanted something louder and lighter.

So I sold the SE and bought a greddy ti-c single. It's amazing.

Just picked up an AP1 and got a Berk 3in single for her. I like it cause it's light, headerback, loud like the ti-c but it snarls on the overrun whereas the ti-c is relatively quiet. Both are quiet when just cruising.
Old 05-02-2012 | 03:44 PM

Originally Posted by steamedturtle
I started with a dual spectrum elite. It's nice, but I wanted something louder and lighter.

So I sold the SE and bought a greddy ti-c single. It's amazing.

Just picked up an AP1 and got a Berk 3in single for her. I like it cause it's light, headerback, loud like the ti-c but it snarls on the overrun whereas the ti-c is relatively quiet. Both are quiet when just cruising.
I’m guessing you’re the same steamedturtle on youtube. If so I’m planning to buy a Greddy SE dual based on your videos because my HKS single is driving me nuts.

Are your videos pretty accurate from a sound standpoint? I find that the HKS single videos are all much quieter than the real thing. I’m hoping the SE is much quieter than the HKS single.

It sounds like your tastes are much (much) louder than mine, because I know the Berk 3” is loud. I recently helped a guy install a Greddy Ti-C single at a tech day. It wasn’t bad at idle but I didn’t get a ride.

Quick Reply: anyone regret the catback exhaust they bought?