S2000 Naturally Aspirated Forum Discussions about N/A motor projects, builds and technology.

anyone regret the catback exhaust they bought?

Old 04-10-2012 | 09:54 AM

Originally Posted by Toneezy
Nice exhaust OP. I think the Tanabe tips look like they stick out further on Ap2 bumpers. Looks good on yours though.

I picked up a Invidia N1 dual a few days ago btw haha. going to install it tomorrow. Funny that you guys mentioned it was that horrible.
it doesn't sound horrible, imo. its just way too loud to deal with all the time lol
Old 04-10-2012 | 10:27 AM

T1R 76.3 + TP that I inherited with the purchase of the car. Sounds great and performs.
Old 04-12-2012 | 01:32 AM

Originally Posted by s2000maniac
Originally Posted by Havana Joe' timestamp='1333756848' post='21583868
Been running an HKS dual with invidia 70mm tp for about 4 years now
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ax5QQ...HiKZ33zjjqiZw=

Sometimes I miss the raspy bark i had with the old comptech on my rsx but i still like this. Been thinking of going with a 70mm berk for track use but track funds are at $0 at the moment.
the HKS is 60mm piping. so why are you running 70mm test pipe?? You are probably losing power..
true...was looking to upgrade to a 70mm single when i got the tp just never materialized...

will probably be throwing on a HFC soon as the s2k is going back on daily driver duty for a while.
Old 04-14-2012 | 07:19 PM

Originally Posted by fin man
Finally, my Tanabe Medalion Touring exhaust arrived. I have to say no regrets so far. Fitment was perfect, quality is excellent. The first fire up had a tiny bit of drone but I will wait until the gaskets and exhaust break in before I re check the seals at each joint. The tail pipes do not stick out like some people have noted with their Tanabe Medalion Touring. I think they're perfect. The total exhaust weight is 41 lbs so there's only a slight weight saving of 11 or 12 lbs from the stock cat back. I revved the car through the full rpm range and there was no throttle-lift rasp just smooth even tone.
wow that looks great! All the tanabe medalion tourings I have seen extend atleast another 2 inches from the stock location. Do you happen to have any more side profile pics from a further distance? how much did you pay for that and where did you purchase from?
Old 04-16-2012 | 07:41 PM

Originally Posted by rosario717
My N1 sounds pretty good on the outside but damnn the drone will make you scream at your passenger like you have turets everytime lmaoooo f@#k,damn,shit,faaaackkkkk I'll let you know what my j's sounds with hfc sounds like if it ever gets here lmaooo been waiting since december lol
Haha totally agree. Sounds pretty good from the outside and also when driving with the top down. But with the top up, there is just too much bass and rumble. Would like to throw a resonator on the midpipe but can't seem to find a 70mm resonator
Old 04-17-2012 | 07:17 AM

Originally Posted by Carbon Blue
Originally Posted by fin man' timestamp='1333737716' post='21583022
Finally, my Tanabe Medalion Touring exhaust arrived. I have to say no regrets so far. Fitment was perfect, quality is excellent. The first fire up had a tiny bit of drone but I will wait until the gaskets and exhaust break in before I re check the seals at each joint. The tail pipes do not stick out like some people have noted with their Tanabe Medalion Touring. I think they're perfect. The total exhaust weight is 41 lbs so there's only a slight weight saving of 11 or 12 lbs from the stock cat back. I revved the car through the full rpm range and there was no throttle-lift rasp just smooth even tone.
wow that looks great! All the tanabe medalion tourings I have seen extend atleast another 2 inches from the stock location. Do you happen to have any more side profile pics from a further distance? how much did you pay for that and where did you purchase from?
Also in for some more pics. I absolutely love that exhaust. I am stuck between it and the single 75mm HKS hi power. I just hate having to spend even more money buying a single because it looks tacky if you leave the second opening on an ap2 bumper!
Old 04-26-2012 | 10:06 AM

^^^ hate those exhaust tips... no offense
Old 04-26-2012 | 12:17 PM

just became really interested in the HKS 75mm Single, but I know its going to be on the loud side...anyone regret having this exhaust? there doesn't seem to be much talk about it
Old 04-26-2012 | 12:22 PM
Former Sponsor
Member (Premium)

^^^^^^ We love ours so far. Very nice sound for a 75mm exhaust. We have 5 in stock now

Old 04-28-2012 | 03:31 AM

I dont regret my exhaust buy at all, but would not have it if I had the stock cat on .

Quick Reply: anyone regret the catback exhaust they bought?