S2000 Naturally Aspirated Forum Discussions about N/A motor projects, builds and technology.

From 375whp Turbo S2k.. Boom...to: built LS6 with a bunch of goodies !

Old 03-04-2013, 08:07 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I.HATE.YOU.

-Kidding, keep it up Lee!
Old 03-04-2013, 11:19 PM

Received 179 Likes on 145 Posts

What's nice to see is someone take care to fit the motor properly, fit all the cooling and stuff properly AND take the time to make it all look OEM. Fair play fella, that looks ( and sounds) the mutts nuts! Never mind VTEC, it's the engine ( and NA power ) the car should have come with.
Old 03-05-2013, 07:27 AM

Originally Posted by AK_9K_ALL DAY
I.HATE.YOU.

-Kidding, keep it up Lee!
GET TO WORK MAN !!!!! WTF !!!!!!! I wanna see your 6l going soon time !!!

-Lee
Old 03-05-2013, 07:29 AM

Originally Posted by unclefester
What's nice to see is someone take care to fit the motor properly, fit all the cooling and stuff properly AND take the time to make it all look OEM. Fair play fella, that looks ( and sounds) the mutts nuts! Never mind VTEC, it's the engine ( and NA power ) the car should have come with.
much appreicate the kind words !!! It was a long road to get here but Im here and I love it !!! every day I come home after work I want to fire it up and take it out !!! but there is too much salt on the roads here and its still -10 out haha next week should be more promising !!! hopefully get to drive it a couple days next week !

-Lee
Old 03-05-2013, 11:31 AM

Originally Posted by unclefester
I must disagree 100 percent , nothing like my little motor that spins like no other ever built ...ive driven a V8 s2k ...omg it was fast , fun and sounded really great ...no question about that , but all in all ... I didn't like the feeling as much as I like shifting @ 9k ...over and over again .
Def a cool build ...although there will never be a replacement for that S2k feeling of hitting 7500rpm and punching the gas into/out of a turn ....nothing can feel like that but a true Honda s2k
with that said I want a v8 s2k anyway ...I plan to own own both ...already have one
Congrats on all your progress in such a short time ...your car looks and sounds fantastic
Old 03-05-2013, 11:32 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by 03 9g
Originally Posted by unclefester' timestamp='1362471541' post='22380980
I must disagree 100 percent , nothing like my little motor that spins like no other ever built ...ive driven a V8 s2k ...omg it was fast , fun and sounded really great ...no question about that , but all in all ... I didn't like the feeling as much as I like shifting @ 9k ...over and over again .
Def a cool build ...although there will never be a replacement for that S2k feeling of hitting 7500rpm and punching the gas into/out of a turn ....nothing can feel like that but a true Honda s2k
with that said I want a v8 s2k anyway ...I plan to own own both ...already have one
Congrats on all your progress in such a short time ...your car looks and sounds fantastic

who cares what rpm your at, power is power..........................and you can make an lsx spin to 7k + fyi.
Old 03-06-2013, 06:13 AM

Received 419 Likes on 240 Posts

Originally Posted by camuman
Originally Posted by 03 9g' timestamp='1362515465' post='22382281
[quote name='unclefester' timestamp='1362471541' post='22380980']

who cares what rpm your at,
[/quote]

Fanbois.
Old 03-06-2013, 09:27 AM

Originally Posted by xyster
Not sure how you could hear any valve train noise in that video with all the wind noise and exhaust sound. As far as the wiring the LS series motors only need a few wires connected in order to run on their own to begin with so that $500 could be used for other things if you have just a little patience. You will still need to tie into the Honda harness in order to get some of the gauges working such as the speedo, ECT, tach, check engine light and some others. I hope you have luck with using the Honda MC but from what we have found is that they do not move enough fluid to engage the clutch. (not big enough bore and stroke) compared to the Wilwood and the Wilwood is less than $70 new ,much easier. Good luck with your build make sure you post up some pics.
Yes, i know the Honda MC is a bit of a gamble. BUT, if it works I just saved myself and potentially several people $80. If it doesnt work, the line i bought is still a -3 line and will work with the Wilwood MC. So, i gambled $10 to possibly save $80.

As far as the wiring, used harness's were selling for $300 on ebay and ls1tech. The harness I bough has ALL brand new wiring, connectors, ect. 100% brand new. So, no worries about broken wires, missing clips, or any of that. Maybe I'm the odd man out, but I think the extra $200 is well worth my time and protential headache. It even has extended labeled output wiring for items such as ECT, Speedo, Tach, MIL, ect. So only ne nessecary wiring will be routed under the dash.

How about this idea? On my swap, instead of using the IMO ghetto Import Muscle speed sensor setup. I am going to tap into the ABS wheel speed sensor! Im sure I will probably have to buy a speedo healer to modify the signal, but that no different than the Import Muscle kit. Both are magnestic pulse systems. So why not use something that is already on the car?
Old 03-06-2013, 02:08 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well I wish you the best but I know of several different people who have tried the Honda MC and also some that have tried the ABS sensor and neither worked. ABS wire is a two wire sensor and the VSS is a three wire with different signals. The MC has to small of a bore and stroke to allow enough fluid in to move the slave cylinder far enought to allow the clutch to fully disengage. Those that have tried said it would work for a few peddle presses then no more. Like I said I wish you all the best but that's why we sell our IMO NON GHETTO speedo kit because it works.
Old 03-06-2013, 02:11 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

And by the way we don't use a speed heeler to change the signal. You don't have to when you use all the Honda wiring and sensor like we are doing. Dead on speedo because the sensor still thinks its in the transmission.

Quick Reply: From 375whp Turbo S2k.. Boom...to: built LS6 with a bunch of goodies !