S2000 Naturally Aspirated Forum Discussions about N/A motor projects, builds and technology.

From 375whp Turbo S2k.. Boom...to: built LS6 with a bunch of goodies !

Old 02-12-2013, 12:04 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by AK_9K_ALL DAY
Lee, how are things going? I just ordered the Mastercylinder adapter and wilwood cmc
Currently sitting at McCarren airport in Vegas waiting for my flight home, allll my parts should be in within a week or 2, engine bay will be completed this week hopefully!! I also ordered a clutch bracket !! Slick piece !!!!
Old 02-12-2013, 12:11 PM

Originally Posted by s2000Junky
Originally Posted by Reapur' timestamp='1359190330' post='22294213
Yeah, never seen a V8 with a single exit. This exhaust setup will be a restriction in power for sure. Weight savings would be minimal in comparison with power loss.
I agree. Kind of disappointing to not see a duel exit on such a worthy engine/build. Who cares about 10lb on a power to weight ratio that's going to be so far outside the scope anyway. At some point looks and sound should be part of the equation or it diminishes whats been done in my humble opinion. I hope to see some fat rubber on this car as well 315+
I understand your point of view, I like the look of a single exit exhaust on the s2000, performance will not be diminished vs a stock set up and yes weight plays a major roll, 5-10lbs here and there equals lots of weight very fast !!! If my engine mods are not as effective because of the exhaust I will change it out !!! But til I get to that point and a get baseline on weight and corner balancing this will be the set up. For at least this season ! And I'm building this car to be a great street car and a weekend warrior on the circuit, so 265 rear 255 front will be the plan .... Unless someone can point me in a different direction ?

Thanks for all the comments People ! Much appreciated

More updates in a couple days I'm sure just been out of town !

Lee
Old 02-12-2013, 12:13 PM

Originally Posted by SubeSTile
Hey Lee, I should have my rear diff mounted shortly just waiting on some parts to come back in. depending on what axles you want to use (i am using the ford axles with rebroached hubs) which to be honest i dont recomend and wont do again as DSS did not broach them right and they were extreamly tight and took a couple hours each to get the axles to fit without binding completely half way through. Ill probably make some custom shafts later on and install stock hubs again with s2000 outers and custome axle shafts. I should hopefully have some pics of it mounted in a week or so on v8s2000.com build is coming along nicely
Let me know when it's buttoned up and get me some pics !!!!

Thanks for the update !! Dss is great but they are currently in the middle of a move so it took almost a month for my driveshaft !

Lee
Old 02-13-2013, 05:55 PM

Originally Posted by xyster
Originally Posted by AK_9K_ALL DAY' timestamp='1360565268' post='22328597
Lee, how are things going? I just ordered the Mastercylinder adapter and wilwood cmc
I was wondering if that was you that made the purchase.
Thanks
Yeah, Jason.... Was me hahaha Thanks again!
Old 02-13-2013, 05:56 PM

Lee, which route are you planning for the rearend/axles?
Old 02-14-2013, 04:52 AM

Lee, which route are you planning for the rearend/axles?
I will be stock for a while ...... looking into Puddy mod stage 2 3.73 set up .... with dss upgraded stock style axles ...

easiest without relocating anything or changing hubs bearings abs function and my new driveshaft...and I can do it in stages, get the diff first then save for axles !

how about you ??

-Lee
Old 02-14-2013, 08:52 PM

8.8 all the way, just trying to figure out what to do for axles. Heard people are having issues with having the hubs re-broached.
Old 02-15-2013, 06:04 AM

8.8 all the way, just trying to figure out what to do for axles. Heard people are having issues with having the hubs re-broached.

thats what I heard so I decided against the headaches !!!! the puddy mod is very expensive though !!!

-Lee
Old 02-15-2013, 07:30 AM

and BTW, flywheel is back from machine shop, clutch showed up !!! so I can get that all measured up and installed this weekend hopefully, rad is back from being modified one last time (hopefully) and I have 2 more packages at the post office !!! its like chrismas everytime I go there haha !! lots of pics to come this weekend !!! woot !!!

-Lee
Old 02-15-2013, 05:47 PM

I couldnt wait haha I installed the clutch measured it up and took some pics of the parts I received !

more to come for sure !

pics !!

custom driveshaft from DSS, nice piece and weighs NOTHING !!! just over 2ft long hshaha

special plate that is required to go from dss shaft to ap1 rear end

flywheel back from the machine shop !!

mounted

friction disc

PP installed and torqued

finally the upgraded GM performance slave, with remote bleeder and all stainless lines !!!

Quick Reply: From 375whp Turbo S2k.. Boom...to: built LS6 with a bunch of goodies !