S2000 Naturally Aspirated Forum Discussions about N/A motor projects, builds and technology.

***Official Test-Pipe Thread***

Old 09-29-2012, 02:07 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 2KAP1
Originally Posted by FluKy15' timestamp='1335831831' post='21657315
[quote name='alSpeed2k' timestamp='1335831523' post='21657297']
^FWIW, I've heard of cops crawling on their hands and knees checking out cars in Richmond, BC.
Stuff like that can be fought in court though, if the police officer isnt a certified mechanic. That is what I have always heard anyways. The police cars have to be fixed by someone, they do it in house, so they do have mechanics on the force.
Cops are not certified automotive service technicians. It's the MTO officers that you have to watch out for because they're certified to deem your car illegal to be on the road. A cop can only give you an inspection ticket and you'd have to take your car to one of their selected garage to get inspected. If cops were a certified automotive service technician then no way in hell would they be a cop because they'd make way more fixing cars than their shitty paying jobs lol. I know enough metro cops and most of them don't have a clue about the technical aspects of a car.
[/quote]

Idk how it is up there but in WA cops are not allowed to look under your car or open the hood without a warrant. And even if your a drug dealer and they get a warrant to search everywere on your car if they find the test pipe they still have to prove that YOU are the one that removed the stock cat and not the previous owner. Lol
Old 09-30-2012, 05:46 PM
Community Organizer

Received 77 Likes on 61 Posts

Originally Posted by insazn
Just got a t1r 70R-EM dual exhaust and looking at getting a test pipe.

Anyone know if the t1r resonated tp comes in a 70mm, or is it just the t1r 70R. Any recommendations for a good tp to go with as ideally a 70mm tp to match the exhaust is preferred.

Berk tp vs t1r, any differences worth noting as they are just pipes.
Their is no resonated version of the 70mm T1R testpipe.
Old 10-01-2012, 04:54 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by alSpeed2k
Their is no resonated version of the 70mm T1R testpipe.
Good! There really shouldn't be any resonated test pipes at all, since they are terrible for performance.
Old 10-01-2012, 10:09 AM
Community Organizer

Received 77 Likes on 61 Posts

^lol, listen to Greg he knows his stuff, he's done A TON of testing on testpipes/midpipes; if you want more low to mid-range power, and don't mind paying for it, check out his gernpipe thread!
Old 10-01-2012, 11:20 AM

all i know is that a HFC sucks!! honestly why would you pay 200+ dollars on something a little less restricted when you can just get rid of all the restriction at the fraction of the cost and get rid of drone in some cases too. when i use to talk to the local owners, all they would talk about was who had the most expensive exhaust and HFC just because something is expensive doesnt mean its always going to be better or buying something just for the name and then i would hear them crying saying i got to much drone.... well no shit slap on a testpipe and some antifoulers; problem solved and it will even give you a horse lol if your lucky.
Old 11-05-2012, 10:57 AM
EOE

Received 62 Likes on 55 Posts

Can someone confirm that T1R resonated test pipe will tone down the drone and quiet down the exhaust over a NONE-Resonated TP?

Drone more than anything. It really has no drone with BERK test pipe, but I want even less drone lol. I KNOW I KNOW, but i don't want to go back to stock exhaust.
Old 11-05-2012, 03:04 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i remember reading gerby's post somewhere that resonated TP's are garbage. I think those were his exact words lol
Old 11-06-2012, 06:43 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by EOE
Can someone confirm that T1R resonated test pipe will tone down the drone and quiet down the exhaust over a NONE-Resonated TP?

Drone more than anything. It really has no drone with BERK test pipe, but I want even less drone lol. I KNOW I KNOW, but i don't want to go back to stock exhaust.
Some exhausts drone worse with cats, and others drone worse with test pipes, depending on their design. A resonated test pipe would have similar drone characteristics as a cat. However, since there is a performance loss with resonated test pipes, there's really no reason to EVER consider using a resonated test pipe. Resonated test pipes literally just need to go away.
Old 11-06-2012, 07:05 AM
Banned

Anybody have any ideas on how my js racing dual 60rs would react to a 60mm test pipe. I currently have a Berk hfc and it drones a bit at low rpms and I am considering the test pipe to eliminate that but if it doesnt then I'll stick to the hfc.

Thanks
Rosario717
Old 11-06-2012, 07:48 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by rosario717
Anybody have any ideas on how my js racing dual 60rs would react to a 60mm test pipe. I currently have a Berk hfc and it drones a bit at low rpms and I am considering the test pipe to eliminate that but if it doesnt then I'll stick to the hfc.

Thanks
Rosario717

I'm not familiar with the design of that exhaust. If it has a resonator in the OEM location, but does NOT have the ~8" closed ended side branch duct, then it will drone LESS with a test pipe. If it has a resonator in the OEM location, and DOES have the ~8" duct, then it will drone MORE with a test pipe. If it doesn't have a resonator in the OEM location at all, then it's going to drone with a test pipe OR HFC.

Quick Reply: ***Official Test-Pipe Thread***