S2000 Naturally Aspirated Forum Discussions about N/A motor projects, builds and technology.

***Official Test-Pipe Thread***

Old 02-13-2011, 12:32 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Berk 70mm test pipe, into 60mm Greddy TI-C exhaust. Feels much better with test pipe but cel is on.
Old 02-13-2011, 04:27 PM

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

2nd hand Toda Test pipe, reduced drone ( I have a j's dual ) & immediate gains felt especially up top.

No CEL.
Old 02-14-2011, 07:30 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by aDoG,Feb 13 2011, 04:32 PM
Berk 70mm test pipe, into 60mm Greddy TI-C exhaust. Feels much better with test pipe but cel is on.
You need to get a test pipe that matches the diameter of your exhaust. Having tha inner diameter of the exhuast go from 54 mm in the header up to 66 mm in the test pipe then down to 56 mm in the exhuast is costing you some power.
Old 03-16-2011, 05:35 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Tested out my Invidia 70mm with CEL fix TP a few days ago (about a mile) and it was fine. Finally got some good weather to take the S out in and after about 4 miles the CEL came on. Should I just try to reset the ECU or do I need to go ahead and find an Anti-Fouler or use the BLOX CEL fix?
Old 03-16-2011, 06:54 AM

Originally Posted by SlowTeg
So has anyone found a testpipe and fix that doesn't trip a CEL on an '06+ s2k? I'm thinking about buying a TP to be used with a stock header and exhaust (so I guess 63mm is the best?), but don't want to deal w/ the headache of a CEL tripping. I might consider getting a flashpro in the future, but don't want to bother with it now.

Have these prevented CEL's for folks? http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Test-Pipe-F...eQ5fCarQ5fParts

Based on gernby's graph, it looks like the non-resonated TP's are the way to go.
My car would trip on a CEL on any resonated TP, HFC, or test pipe I put on. And I went through like 5 different ones.

I finally switched to a T1r 70r-em and matching T1r test pipe and the CEL is no longer there. Im not sure how that would translate for other peoples cars but that's currently what's working for me. I pick up my flashpro later today and begin the epic quest for more powerrrrr
Old 03-16-2011, 07:44 AM

Originally Posted by Reckon
Tested out my Invidia 70mm with CEL fix TP a few days ago (about a mile) and it was fine. Finally got some good weather to take the S out in and after about 4 miles the CEL came on. Should I just try to reset the ECU or do I need to go ahead and find an Anti-Fouler or use the BLOX CEL fix?
Reset the ECU (Im assuming you forgot to when you installed the TP) should work fine after that. What year is your S2k? Did your TP come with the Invidia CEL fix (I have the invidia 70mm TP and mine came with one)?
Old 03-16-2011, 09:10 AM

Originally Posted by EVAN&MONICA
Reset the ECU (Im assuming you forgot to when you installed the TP) should work fine after that. What year is your S2k? Did your TP come with the Invidia CEL fix (I have the invidia 70mm TP and mine came with one)?
It is the 70mm with CEL fix. I will reset the ECU and see if it works, and I have an 05. I didn't reset the ECU when I installed, but guess I should have. If it doesn't work, then Non/Anti-Fouler it is.

Thanks!

EDIT 3/17: ECU reset seems to have worked. No CEL this morning after 15 miles. So far, so good. Love the sound of the TP and Exhaust!!

EDIT 3/18: The CEL came back yesterday afternoon. I went by Advance Auto Parts and had them scan the code and it was the P0420, Catalytic Converter Inefficiency one, so yeah, the TP. I reset it again last night but I guess I'll have to look for another fix. Will probably have to get an Anti/Non-Fouler.
Old 03-23-2011, 05:44 AM

Ok, so in my quest to get rid of this CEL, I went and got some Non-Foulers. 14mm was too small. 18mm is the right size, but I needed the long version. I hope to pick up some long 18mm versions today at Autozone. The only issue is that even the long might not be long enough for the O2 sensor to fit through, so I might have to drill out the bottom of one of foulers and then couple it to another non modified fouler to get it to work. Still no guarantee the CEL will go away, but for about $5 and a bit of work, it's worth a shot. Hope to have this done today and I'll report back if the work fixed.

Update 3/24: The non-foulers didn't work out. They don't sell 18mm long in any store and I couldn't drill out enough material without screwing up the threads on the non-fouler. I called Invidia support and they told me that they have an L-shaped adapter for the O2 sensor for those TP's still throwing a CEL. They told me to email them my shipping information and proof of purchase (i.e. an invoice or receipt) and that they would send one to me, for free, when they receive them (I imagine the turnaround time is long due to the situation in Japan). I'll post up more on this once it happens.
Old 04-12-2011, 11:58 AM

no worries invidia isn't located in japan..
Old 04-13-2011, 12:22 PM

Yeah, out of Cali (at least the office I called) but I imagine they get their parts from Japan. But who knows...and they have emailed me and told me it would be a few weeks.

Quick Reply: ***Official Test-Pipe Thread***