S2000 Modifications and Parts Discussions about aftermarket products and parts including reviews, information and opinion.

Who makes the best Mugen replica hardtop?

Old 05-30-2010, 08:36 PM

Received 38 Likes on 34 Posts
Default Who makes the best Mugen replica hardtop?

Hey guys,

I'm looking at getting a Mugen FRP replica hardtop if they are made as well as the Mugen's themselves. Is there even one as good? I just cant see spending $3500 for the Mugen if there is a company out there that makes as good a quality one as the Mugen but for maybe half the price.

Do you guys know which company makes the best Mugen FRP replica hardtop that fits just as good as the Mugen, doesnt leak, has all the installation hardware and window and is of great quality like the Mugen?

BTW, I did a search but just couldnt find a good answer in the 3 hours I've been reading.

Thanks
Old 05-30-2010, 09:16 PM

Anyone have experience with this guys Mugen replica hardtop? http://www.iigqconcepts.com/ Does his company make them or does he just sell Cwings or Seibon or something?
Old 05-30-2010, 09:17 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have that one. Don't get it. Just save and get the real deal. I wish I would have.
Old 05-30-2010, 09:46 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

None of the replicas fit as well as the real one. I've seen pretty much all of them in person.
Old 05-30-2010, 09:58 PM
xoz

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

This may help, have a look into this thread, as I've posted here a few times and am 99% sure that I have the same HT. But of course, with a little bit of work, you'll need to source hardware elsewhere as I did.

https://www.s2ki.com/forums/index.ph...f=193&t=777900
Old 05-30-2010, 10:42 PM

Good info and thanks guys.

There is a guy on here in the marketplace selling VIS Mugen replica hardtops for $1450 shipped with all the hardware and he says they are the best replica you can get. I'm assuming these hardtops will also not fit as well as the Mugen? I'm very picky and have a very high attention to detail so if they arent going to fit as good as the Mugen, even the smallest little bit of misfit that most wouldnt even notice, I would notice it. I may just have to break down and get the real deal but it'll be a while longer to save up.

Do you guys know of any used Mugen's up for sale for a good price? FRP preferred since the price would be lower. I'd like one already painted Mugen style Sebring silver but it doesnt have to be the correct color and I could have it painted.
Old 05-30-2010, 11:36 PM
xoz

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Spoolin,May 31 2010, 04:42 PM
I'm very picky and have a very high attention to detail so if they arent going to fit as good as the Mugen, even the smallest little bit of misfit that most wouldnt even notice, I would notice it. I may just have to break down and get the real deal but it'll be a while longer to save up.

Do you guys know of any used Mugen's up for sale for a good price? FRP preferred since the price would be lower. I'd like one already painted Mugen style Sebring silver but it doesnt have to be the correct color and I could have it painted.
No way the replica's will suit your criteria, you'll always regret not going original... best bet is to save up, from time to time I have seen Mugen's in classifieds.
Old 05-31-2010, 12:16 AM

^^Thanks man. I'll save up for the real Mugen then. If you or anyone happens to come across a Mugen in great shape, please let me know.
Old 05-31-2010, 02:37 AM

Trust me. You will be much happier w/ the real thing.....
Old 05-31-2010, 06:24 AM

im just like you, i planned on getting a replica but im too picky, so im just saving up now for the rear deal

Quick Reply: Who makes the best Mugen replica hardtop?