S2000 Modifications and Parts Discussions about aftermarket products and parts including reviews, information and opinion.

Where can I get replacement seats?

Old 05-15-2012, 12:23 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Where can I get replacement seats?

Hi there, a couple months ago someone broke into my garage and stole my seats (well, and basically everything else including my dash, steering wheel etc.) Anyway, yesterday I picked up the car from the insurance company and the replacement seats were AWFUL. They had bought used seats and repaired them, using different color material and stuffing it badly. It was an absolute joke. I spoke to the manager and he told me they'd reimburse me if I got replacement seats. Mine were in amazing shape, so if I buy used I'd like ones that are also in great shape. These are going into a 2005, so I'd like seats from and AP2 but not 2007 and up. I've looked on Ebay but can't really find anything I like. Any other suggestions?

Where can I get replacement seats?-phufr.jpg
Old 05-15-2012, 12:32 PM
Syn

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Craigslist, member classifieds here (I just saw a set when I was looking through yesterday), and a little bit of patience if you're wanting perfection. Alternatively, you can get seats in poorer condition and use Clazzio covers which don't look like seat covers at all and actually add a little bit of extra padding.
Old 05-15-2012, 12:37 PM

Originally Posted by Syn
Craigslist, member classifieds here (I just saw a set when I was looking through yesterday), and a little bit of patience if you're wanting perfection. Alternatively, you can get seats in poorer condition and use Clazzio covers which don't look like seat covers at all and actually add a little bit of extra padding.
Thanks, I'll take a look. Tried CL, nothing. Plus I don't want to buy from the scumbags that stole mine in the first place!
Old 05-15-2012, 05:52 PM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Assuming you have full coverage, why won't insurance replace your seats w/new parts?
Old 05-15-2012, 06:47 PM

^came to say the same thing, if I had full coverage, I would be raising hell trying to get brand new seats!
Old 05-16-2012, 03:58 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 99SH
Assuming you have full coverage, why won't insurance replace your seats w/new parts?
Price them. That's why. It's not uncommon for older S's to get totalled just for the seats.

Insurance companies don't have to use new parts even if you have full coverage. They only have to cover "reasonable costs" (their definition, not yours).
Old 05-16-2012, 04:57 AM

Exactly... having the seats stolen is my biggest fear.
Old 05-16-2012, 05:09 AM

Received 30 Likes on 27 Posts

classifieds here on s2ki
Old 05-16-2012, 06:50 AM

Yeah they only have to get the car to "the way it was one second before the event." New seats are epically expensive and it's hard to tell from online pictures how used seats look. Grr.
Old 05-16-2012, 07:32 AM

can they write you a check for what the seats are worth (to them) and buy aftermarket seats?

Quick Reply: Where can I get replacement seats?