S2000 Modifications and Parts Discussions about aftermarket products and parts including reviews, information and opinion.

What suspension should I get

Old 06-17-2008, 03:17 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Here is a couple of pics of my car with the KWV3 installed...

Old 06-17-2008, 03:40 PM

Originally Posted by AP2 David,Jun 15 2008, 03:35 PM
Well i just found out that you have to use the stock top hats...Im a little bothered that I'm going to spend 1,900+ and still use part of my stock suspension...
Gruppe S was selling them with the peak performance top mounts. That's who I bought them from. I"m not sure if that offer is still available, but you can always look...
Old 06-17-2008, 03:53 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

They were engineered to be used with the OEM top mount so IMO, you should re-use the stock top mount.
Old 06-17-2008, 04:53 PM

Originally Posted by B serious,Jun 16 2008, 08:55 PM
Why'd you buy RACE spec coilovers for a no-track street car?
cause I can...why does it concern you what coilovers I bought. The guy asked for opinions and I gave him my opinion about the buddy club
Old 06-17-2008, 07:19 PM
Member (Premium)

Received 1,378 Likes on 1,030 Posts

Originally Posted by allnamestaken,Jun 17 2008, 04:53 PM
cause I can...why does it concern you what coilovers I bought. The guy asked for opinions and I gave him my opinion about the buddy club
It doesn't concern me. I just thought it was ironic that you were calling the KWs "too much" for the street....but a coilover with "RACE SPEC" in the name is just fine.

I dont really care. I just thought it was funny.

Why did you over react so much?
lol "CAUSE YOU CAN?!"
Old 06-17-2008, 07:22 PM
Member (Premium)

Originally Posted by Highrpmek,Jun 17 2008, 11:12 AM
KW's are just awesome coilovers. Great for the track and street. They are the best in the sub $2500 range. Why is $1700-$1900 to much for suspension on a street S2000? You guys should really look up what a comparable aftermarket Showa damper like the OEM are to see that if your spending under that, you're probably downgrading in quality compared to the stock shocks. One of the old Spoon Sports kit's are just revalved Showa dampers with springs and I believe they were over $1500.

In other words, all your Buddy Club, Meghan Racing, (Teins, anything below SRC's or N1's) etc. sub $1300 kits are a downgrade in quality from stock equipment IMO. But those kits do come in uber hawt mad tyte JDM colors and let you lower so your tucking lug nuts!!! Not to mention those awesome sign me up for GT500 useless pillow mounts.
nice. that was awesome.
Old 06-17-2008, 08:14 PM

Originally Posted by B serious,Jun 16 2008, 08:53 PM
However, for a regular ass street car, they're over kill for sure. Way over kill. They have a lot of tuneable features on them that will net faster times on a track.

Pretty useless for street driving. Although, they are very comfortable. They rode better than my SKUNK2 springs on stock shocks, that's for sure.
Right....and who said what....cmon man you B Serious !.....do you even know what you're even saying dude....might want to read everything before you starting opening your mouth.
Old 06-17-2008, 09:07 PM

can't go wrong with KWv3's. i'm running them on my s2000 and even picked up a set for my crx.
Old 06-19-2008, 11:03 AM
Member (Premium)

Originally Posted by allnamestaken,Jun 17 2008, 08:14 PM
Right....and who said what....cmon man you B Serious !.....do you even know what you're even saying dude....might want to read everything before you starting opening your mouth.
?? what are you talking about?

I said they're not WRONG for street driving. As in the ride is still good, they're not too agressive, they have quality damping, they last a long time, etc.

But they're still over kill if you're not going to track the car. As in you're paying for a few features on the coilover (dual independent damping adjustment, etc) that you'll never use.

Overkill and wrong are two different things.

It's like saying a limousene is overkill for a grocery getter for 2 people. Sure, it does the job...but a regular car would have done the job just as well for your purposes. It's not WRONG for getting groceries (it will still do it very well). Just overkill. A cabbage, however, would be WRONG for getting groceries. You can't put groceries into a cabbage, and you'd be an idiot to try.

I'll agree with you that the KW V3 is a bit much if you're just looking for something to tool around in.

You dont seem to understand that it's ironic that while you said the KW V3 is too much for street driving, the Buddy club race spec is just right. It's apparent that simple things are hard for you to understand. You're blowing that whole comment out of proportion anyway.

However, the fact is that quality, construction and engineering is something you should be willing to pay for.

So the KW V1 or V2 may be a better option for a car that just needs to be lower than stock, but still ride well. I'm very sold on the KW brand.
Old 06-19-2008, 11:24 AM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I would like to say that KW V3's suck. Don't get them. They are horrible, especially with the crappy yellow and purple colors. They suck so bad that I even bought a set, only for it to put a big smile on my face after I installed them.

Quick Reply: What suspension should I get