S2000 Modifications and Parts Discussions about aftermarket products and parts including reviews, information and opinion.

What suspension should I get

Old 06-16-2008, 04:47 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i think kwv3 rides the best...ive felt how d2, tein flex, buddy club rs, and megans ride....nothing compares to kw
Old 06-16-2008, 08:13 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

you get what you pay for, and not just on the track.
Old 06-16-2008, 08:32 PM

Pss9s are great if its a street car with no track use but you want a coilover setup for spirited driving. I wouldn't bother spending the extra for the kw if they won't be used to full potential
Old 06-16-2008, 08:53 PM
Member (Premium)

Received 1,378 Likes on 1,030 Posts

Woah woah woah. What's all this talk about the KW V3s being too agressive or wrong for DD?

You're paying for quality. That's very important for a DD.

The ride is also VERY comfortable for such a capable coilover. Mine rides almost like stock. I dont have it hard parker low...so that may have something to do with it.

OP: If you want comfort, you'll want to reuse your stock top hats. Pillowball top hats are useless on a double wishbone street car. They only make a small tiny little marginal difference even on race cars.

The KWs aren't the best for riding super low. They're not going to be comfortable or have the best ride compliance if you're way past their optimal height ranges.

They're a very capable coilover and do ride very well.

However, for a regular ass street car, they're over kill for sure. Way over kill. They have a lot of tuneable features on them that will net faster times on a track.

Pretty useless for street driving. Although, they are very comfortable. They rode better than my SKUNK2 springs on stock shocks, that's for sure.

The KW's valving will hold up and their shock bodies will hold up over a long period of time. They are very capable on a track and VERY VERY VERY liveable on the street. That's why I have them.

For you, some lowering springs may work just fine. Or even some GCs that come with stock shock rates.

Old 06-16-2008, 08:55 PM
Member (Premium)

Received 1,378 Likes on 1,030 Posts

Originally Posted by allnamestaken,Jun 15 2008, 10:32 PM
Just installed the buddy club race spec the other day and the ride feels stock IMO

BTW my S is also my daily driver, that's why I past up on the KW 3.....way too expensive for coilovers especially when you're not gonna be doing any tracks.
Why'd you buy RACE spec coilovers for a no-track street car?
Old 06-17-2008, 09:31 AM

Originally Posted by B serious,Jun 16 2008, 09:53 PM
Woah woah woah. What's all this talk about the KW V3s being too agressive or wrong for DD?

However, for a regular ass street car, they're over kill for sure. Way over kill. They have a lot of tuneable features on them that will net faster times on a track.

Pretty useless for street driving. Although, they are very comfortable.
Sorry.. but didn't you kind of contradict yourself in your own post? I stated in the beginning that they're overkill for street use. I didn't say they were a bad coil for street..

I'm just sayin'..
Old 06-17-2008, 11:12 AM

KW's are just awesome coilovers. Great for the track and street. They are the best in the sub $2500 range. Why is $1700-$1900 to much for suspension on a street S2000? You guys should really look up what a comparable aftermarket Showa damper like the OEM are to see that if your spending under that, you're probably downgrading in quality compared to the stock shocks. One of the old Spoon Sports kit's are just revalved Showa dampers with springs and I believe they were over $1500.

In other words, all your Buddy Club, Meghan Racing, (Teins, anything below SRC's or N1's) etc. sub $1300 kits are a downgrade in quality from stock equipment IMO. But those kits do come in uber hawt mad tyte JDM colors and let you lower so your tucking lug nuts!!! Not to mention those awesome sign me up for GT500 useless pillow mounts.
Old 06-17-2008, 11:37 AM

Point well taken

But if he just wants to lower the car.. and has no need to keep the cars already amazing handling abilities, why spend 2k if he doesn't car about handling as much as slamming the car?
Old 06-17-2008, 11:38 AM

Not to mention life-time manufactures defect warranty on the KW! Just fyi, KW has a softer ride when tuned down to alot of other coilovers. As many have stated, you're paying more for quality than anything. However, maybe the more street oriented KW v2 may be what you're looking for.
Old 06-17-2008, 02:42 PM

I just installed the KW V3's on my ride about 3 weeks ago and I can't begin to tell how great these coilovers are. With the factory settings the car feels very good, not too harsh, not too soft! This is with my car lowered to almost no gap. They may be expensive, but in my opinion they are well worth the money even for a daily driver. You are not going to be bouncing up and down on these things. My car feels much better planted and turns through corners with ease. I just paired them up with some Goodyear GSD3 rubber and I'm loving it! To me if you truly want your cars suspension to improve you have to spend a little money....

KW V3 gets my vote!!!

Quick Reply: What suspension should I get