S2000 Modifications and Parts Discussions about aftermarket products and parts including reviews, information and opinion.

What Exhaust Upgrade for AP2

Old 08-02-2024, 05:30 AM
Site Moderator
Super Moderator

Received 2,867 Likes on 2,079 Posts

Originally Posted by randomwalk101
Try HKS SSM
That's a good suggestion as well.
Old 08-02-2024, 05:33 AM
Site Moderator
Super Moderator

Received 2,867 Likes on 2,079 Posts

Originally Posted by B serious
The UK mod is absolutely an exhaust leak. Keeping it reasonable in size and making the bend so that the bypass isn't too agressive is key.

However, that takes some cunning. You could go with a Fujitsubo for a reasonable amount of noise/drone, like someone else recommended. Although, I'm not sure you can actually get that anymore.

The Revel Medallion is another reasonable volume option.

Any of the above "toned down" exhausts are going to have almost no power gain, however.

I've owned the T1R dual and the T1R single. Drone city.
Fujitsubo is definitely available. I wouldn't have suggested it otherwise.

Old 08-02-2024, 08:10 AM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Chuck S
- There are enough guys around with different exhausts more than willing to let you drive their cars and hear their exhausts for real. Standing offer from me in Richmond to hear my Tanabe Medalion Touring exhaust and experience a 3600rpm VTEC. Only requirement is bring your own S2000 'cuz I'll be driving it.
I'm located up in Baltimore, so I might take you up on that. Mostly interested to see how the car feels with VTEC engaging lower and recommended places to have it done.
Old 08-02-2024, 10:01 AM
Member (Premium)

Received 1,235 Likes on 1,079 Posts

It's only a 4 hour drive!

If you (and your S2000) are down this way sent me a PM and I'll send you my phone number.

-- Chuck
The following users liked this post:
Jíbaro (08-02-2024)
Old 08-02-2024, 10:50 AM

Received 613 Likes on 428 Posts

Originally Posted by sam_spider
Fujitsubo is definitely available. I wouldn't have suggested it otherwise.
Yup. My vote goes to this as well. https://www.evasivemotorsports.com/s...a-s2000-00-09/

I'd skip the UK mod, mainly due to weight. Stock system is about 57 lbs. Doing the UK-mod adds extra weight to the system via the two cross over pipes.

I'd say that the main performance reason to get an aftermarket system is to shed weight, and if N/A, generally should be a net-neutral on power/trq.
Old 08-02-2024, 12:49 PM
Community Organizer
Community OrganizerMember (Premium)

Received 215 Likes on 170 Posts

The Fujitsubo is the best no drone up/down or all round. Just a little louder that stock and the build quality is freaking awesome. Did the J's and T1R Single on both and talk about loud and drone. I loved them but over time is started to bother me. You cant go wrong man. JM2C
Old 08-02-2024, 05:19 PM
Member (Premium)

Received 1,377 Likes on 1,029 Posts

Damn, yeah, didn't realize the Fujitsubo is available. go with that for sure.
Old 08-03-2024, 02:07 PM

Really leaning hard towards the Tanabe Medalion Touring exhaust, for I listened to a bunch of clips of the Fujitsubo Legalis and I couldn't really tell the difference over stock. Tanabe seemed deeper and more bark when WOT.
The following users liked this post:
Chuck S (08-03-2024)
Old 08-04-2024, 05:26 PM

Received 72 Likes on 58 Posts

Originally Posted by Jíbaro
Really leaning hard towards the Tanabe Medalion Touring exhaust, for I listened to a bunch of clips of the Fujitsubo Legalis and I couldn't really tell the difference over stock. Tanabe seemed deeper and more bark when WOT.
I've got this exhaust, and it does bark a little bit on its own. There is some drone in the lower rpm range, and it's enough that it does bother me from time to time. However, it's manageable with the throttle to some degree.

Funny enough, once I got an EVS high flow cat, the drone decreased slightly. Enough that I noticed the improvement. A scientist can probably explain why. As well, it gave the exhaust even more bark. It sounds quite good, IMO.

If I was rich, I probably would have sprung for the HKS SSM, though. That thing is beautiful, but price was half again what I paid for the Tanabe at the time.
Old 08-04-2024, 06:06 PM

Originally Posted by 9KCanuck
If I was rich, I probably would have sprung for the HKS SSM, though. That thing is beautiful, but price was half again what I paid for the Tanabe at the time.
I feel you man. I feel like I'm in that conundrum right now, buy the Tanabe and be happy with the difference over stock, or wait and splash on the HKS SSM or Mugen exhaust if one pops up. Why can't we all just win the lottery and be done with it?!

Last edited by Jíbaro; 08-04-2024 at 10:33 PM.

Quick Reply: What Exhaust Upgrade for AP2