S2000 Modifications and Parts Discussions about aftermarket products and parts including reviews, information and opinion.

Vinyl Wrap DIY

Old 05-11-2011, 07:22 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i was almost ready to wrap my car but after reading this im not so sure i want to risk the money. i messed with some of the same vinyl material yesterday and found it very easy to work with. it just looks like it would not be a hard project but i can definitely see it getting overwhelming. im thinking all the panels wouldnt be too hard to do except the bumpers. my ap1 rear bumper looks like it would be easier but the ap2 front looks like it would be a PITA. i keep going back and forth on if i should do this or not!
Old 05-11-2011, 07:25 PM

Originally Posted by sebringsilvers2000
i was almost ready to wrap my car but after reading this im not so sure i want to risk the money. i messed with some of the same vinyl material yesterday and found it very easy to work with. it just looks like it would not be a hard project but i can definitely see it getting overwhelming. im thinking all the panels wouldnt be too hard to do except the bumpers. my ap1 rear bumper looks like it would be easier but the ap2 front looks like it would be a PITA. i keep going back and forth on if i should do this or not!
i really wouldnt wish this project on anyone. if this was my full time job i would shoot myself.
Old 05-11-2011, 07:31 PM

stretching this stuff far is pretty hard to do. im worried that i wont be able to do the front bumper, but i have a few ideas of what i can do to make it work.

im thinking of cutting a piece to put on the inner ring of the grill so that i wont have to stretch the big vinyl piece so far, or maybe bunching some vinyl inside to have extra to worth with then stretching out from there.

sucks that i have to order more. this project will be on hold for a few more days, im gonna take measurements of how much more i need to order tomorrow.
Old 05-11-2011, 07:43 PM

yup, I would prob. cut the upper top part so you can't see it...GL! looks great!
Old 05-11-2011, 07:48 PM

Keeep up the good work, glad yor sticking with it. And can't wait to see the end result!
Old 05-12-2011, 06:11 AM

Received 49 Likes on 36 Posts

I think a lot of your troubles with this are just due to being inexperienced at it. There are tons of cars with a clear bra or vinyl wrap on complicated bumpers done to perfection all the time. Its just about learning the tricks and tips.
Old 05-12-2011, 06:27 AM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Just curious - but have you tried taking it off? Is it easy to remove?
Never really considered a vinyl wrap but it would certainly be a way to get a color you want while saving the OEM color and keeping it pristine from fading/chipping etc.
Also, how easy is it to clean? It seems likeit would be harder because you have to go easier on the plastic?
Old 05-12-2011, 08:36 AM

Hey man i think you may want to take your lip off the car wrap the bumper, wrap the lip and re-attach. By the way i saw some crazy Camo Vinyl wraps, if i were to ever vinyl my car it be in Camo!
Also saw CF, it has actual weave.

Old 05-12-2011, 08:41 AM

But by the way its looking great!
Old 05-12-2011, 12:07 PM

Quick Reply: Vinyl Wrap DIY