S2000 Modifications and Parts Discussions about aftermarket products and parts including reviews, information and opinion.

Tanabe Concept G w/ test pipe

Old 07-27-2013, 10:03 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tanabe Concept G w/ test pipe

Hi,
Im torn between the hks hi power and the tanabe dual exhaust, I got some question for the people with experience on Tanabe concept G with test pipe:
1- hows the drone on this setup?
2- how loud is it compared to hks, invidia..etc,
3- the tanabe is a bit cheaper than the hks exhaust, I searched and found some people bought the tanabe for around ~750 $ a few years back, but now went to check some websites and found it for ~850 $ , so if anyone know where I can buy it for a good price that would great and appreciated.
4- lastly, which one should I go with, hks hi power or the tanabe concept g, both will be with berk 63.5mm test pipe? I want the drone to be as low as possible, exotic sound (not ricey), not too loud from the outside (doesnt attract police...etc).

Thanks
Old 07-27-2013, 10:33 AM

Found this, tanabe concept g dual for 778 $, sounds like a good deal?
http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B000N5...AC_SX110_SY190

This is my first time buying online, Would you guys trust this seller on amazon? Maybe he will cheat and send different exhaust or used one? Any ideas?
Old 07-27-2013, 10:46 AM

Received 28 Likes on 27 Posts

I bought by Medalion Touring off Amazaon, best price I could find and no issues at all.
Old 07-27-2013, 07:52 PM

Originally Posted by 1nate7
I bought by Medalion Touring off Amazaon, best price I could find and no issues at all.
Great.
Man, I can't wait to buy an exhaust, lets hear more opinions.
Old 07-27-2013, 08:32 PM

as long as it's shipped and sold by Amazon you have nothing to worry about
Old 07-27-2013, 08:37 PM

I have the concept g. got it used from another member cheap. I really like the concept G for its sound. I ran the concept G with the stock cat; some drone initially but then faded away after a few heat cycle. I've heard people running with tp have no drone at all. It's definitely quieter than the invidia. It has a fuller tone to it and makes it sound not ricey. The sound really changes during vtec and it's amazing. Overall I would say I recommend the Concept G. No experience on the HKS so im not going to comment.
Old 07-28-2013, 01:28 AM

Originally Posted by LOVES2Ki
as long as it's shipped and sold by Amazon you have nothing to worry about

Originally Posted by djunzwang
I have the concept g. got it used from another member cheap. I really like the concept G for its sound. I ran the concept G with the stock cat; some drone initially but then faded away after a few heat cycle. I've heard people running with tp have no drone at all. It's definitely quieter than the invidia. It has a fuller tone to it and makes it sound not ricey. The sound really changes during vtec and it's amazing. Overall I would say I recommend the Concept G. No experience on the HKS so im not going to comment.
Thanks
Old 08-06-2013, 02:06 PM

Try Google shopping. It might help if you search the model you want but here's an example.

https://www.google.com/search?q=goog...ed=0CAkQ_AUoAw
Old 08-16-2013, 07:37 PM

I currently have a concept G- it's overall got a nice tone, but it definitely has some droning from 3-4K. I'm also curious to see how it sounds with a TP (I have a stock cat with it). Can anyone chime in how it sounds with the TP? or post a video? I haven't been able to find anything online.
Old 09-17-2013, 10:10 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I'm also considering this exhaust (currently have stock exhaust). I want it to be refined and mellow under cruising, as I sometimes take day trips with my wife, yet authoritative at WOT for track days. From what I've read this seems to be a decent combination of that along with good build quality. Would appreciate any additional insight you guys have on the Concept G.

Quick Reply: Tanabe Concept G w/ test pipe