S2000 Modifications and Parts Discussions about aftermarket products and parts including reviews, information and opinion.

T1R origin

Old 04-10-2010, 10:46 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default T1R origin

Hi I bought my T1R exhaust 5 months ago and I was wondering where T1R's exhausts were made. I heard stories that it was made in Taiwan or Canada so not jdm. I looked under my exhaust and I see the T1R plate badge saying type one racing team made in japan in chinese words. Can anyone give me a solid explanation of how T1R products are made where and how it's processed? show me some evidence..

here's the pic

IMO I have a feeling that T1R gets their products made in Japan with their own label on it since the company is from Taiwan then it gets shipped to Canada for A&J racing to distribute these parts to north america.
Old 04-11-2010, 04:53 AM

When I got my o2 simulator in the mail, it said made in japan on the box.
Old 04-11-2010, 12:05 PM

just for the people who can't read chinese on their T1R exhaust, get some chinese people to confirm where your T1R products are made cause it would be considered false advertisement if these products aren't made in japan. I definitely think that T1r is considered JDM since no one has nothing to say or to show me why it says made in japan..
Old 04-11-2010, 02:20 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

who cares where its made, if its a good exhaust then its a good exhaust
people care too much about "jdm"
Old 04-11-2010, 02:33 PM

I don't care if its jdm but I do care what ppl say about T1R and ppl talk too much shit about it not being a good exhaust for no reason..
Old 04-11-2010, 02:52 PM
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

japan didn't have their own words around 1200 years ago, they borrowed some chinese characters for their writing. so some of them are still exactly same as chinese today.
those words on the label are traditional version chinese which only taiwan is using them right now. the main land uses simple version. but still need some people who can speak japanese to confirm.

however, is there any T1R products that exist in Japan?
Old 04-11-2010, 03:00 PM

Funny topic who cares what others say its what u think. I don't have that exaust but have wanted it for a long time for my CR . Now i do think there made in japan. But just becasue thats on there does not mean its made in japan its easy enough to weld that label onto the exaust. Also just because its made in japan does not mean its a good exaust. Ethier way whats youre idea of a good exaust. I was looking at droping $2k on a dual T1R exaust but i think in a way its worthless spend that much and gain what a hole 15hp at most. But i like that it weighs way less than stock and the looks and sound of it are just great. I really want a diffuser with this exaust setup. But i don't care so much what others say its my car so i only care what i think
Old 04-11-2010, 03:06 PM

well since i paid 1300 i deserve to know where its made in.. I don't care if its made in japan or not I just want to clarify. It would be kool if it's made in Taiwan. It's just that ppl would bad mouth T1R and say it's a piece of crap cause its not made in Japan. I'm happy with what I got it's just a weird feeling not knowing where my exhaust is made in since I drive it everyday you know. My car will feel complete knowing where all the parts are made from.. I even bought a fipk and it aint jdm and I love it. Try to understand you guys..
Old 04-11-2010, 03:08 PM

if I did care if it's jdm why would i even buy it in the first place lol anyways just need ppl to answer or confirm with me where T1R is made. thx for your responses...
Old 04-11-2010, 04:22 PM

i understand the OP's question. whether you buy in to JDM or not, they are selling the product partly on the JDM effect. he deserves to know where his part is from

i had heard T1R is from Taiwan, but i am looking for a reference.

Quick Reply: T1R origin