S2000 Modifications and Parts Discussions about aftermarket products and parts including reviews, information and opinion.

Suspension

Old 10-07-2008, 05:17 PM
tof
Member (Premium)

Received 2,094 Likes on 1,409 Posts

I thought most S2000 owners had enough sense to avoid street racing. Maybe it takes a while.

OK...if you are gonna get yourself arrested or killed you might as well at least win a race or two first. If you are mostly racing from a dig you want a coilover setup with a broad range of adjustability. There are plenty of sites on quarter mile suspension setups that will give you some thoughts on running low and hard vs. high and soft. Since the S is a rwd, info from these sites can be applied with some success.

If you are most racing from a roll you are mostly concerned with ride height. You want to minimize effective frontal area and drag.

But all things considered you would do better to just slap in a quality turbo kit or maybe a supercharger. Suspension isn't going to give you much bang for your buck in a straight line.

some more.
Old 10-07-2008, 06:40 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Anyone have any opinions on Endura-Tech or Stance coilovers?
Old 10-08-2008, 07:19 AM

While i understand it can be hard to resist the urge to lay into the go pedal, street racing is flat out stupid. The roads are not made for those kind of speeds, the drivers are often dangerously unattentive, there is no run-off area on the street (if you go off the road, you crash into trees, ravines, buildings, etc.), and even things like the local wildlife can be a dangerous factor. There are just too many variables in street racing. Then include things like police involvment, arrest, possibly getting your car impounded or jail time if you try to run...It isn't worth it. Take it to a track where you'll be safer and you'll avoid giving us all a bad reputation (S2000 Drivers). Besides, you don't want to be that kid that loses control at 100+ MPH and slams into a family car and kills someone's mother, father, or children because you were being a dumbass. There are too many kids in jail for a LONG LONG time because they thought street racing was cool and killed someone.

Also, before you go off about how i'm old and don't get it...I'm 23, and I've been there. I've seen friends who were lesser drivers nearly kill themselves.
Old 10-08-2008, 08:05 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ohh its for street racing? you should just get the cheapest coilover you can so you look as baller low as possible without breaking the bank, dont worry about things like camber or botteming out at over 140 cause itl be cool like fast and the furious and make sparks... lose control? never, cause your on coilovers, the best go-fast suspension mod they make.
Old 10-08-2008, 04:26 PM

How about you just shoot yourself and save everyone a lot of trouble.
Old 10-08-2008, 06:09 PM

I just was reading this thread and somehow it got away from the suspension question.... anyway I'm researching suspension components too and have run into snags.

I just emailed Buddy Club to see if they made any but they only have them for the AP1. Are the suspension components not compatible?
http://www.buddyclub.us/

I looked up KW and noticed the same results on their website... only for AP1.
http://www.kw-suspension.com/en/30_Product...sport/index.php

Experts, can you help me out? I'm confused as hell.

Old 10-09-2008, 09:19 AM

I Have Buddy Clubs on my AP2...

Not really willing to help you kill yourself though, assisted suicide counts as Murder round these parts.

Good luck not killing yourself.
Old 10-09-2008, 10:10 AM
tof
Member (Premium)

Received 2,094 Likes on 1,409 Posts

You can put AP1 suspensions on an AP2 but as Buddy Club and KW obviously know its just putting lipstick on a pig.

AP1 FTW.

Old 10-09-2008, 10:21 AM

Haha, smartass

Us AP2 types don't need to justify, our setup is better from the start . Not that i would complain about a 9000RPM redline or anything
Old 10-09-2008, 11:48 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by ECale3,Oct 9 2008, 11:21 AM
Haha, smartass

Us AP2 types don't need to justify, our setup is better from the start . Not that i would complain about a 9000RPM redline or anything
That is why the CR reverts back to AP1 .

Quick Reply: Suspension