S2000 Modifications and Parts Discussions about aftermarket products and parts including reviews, information and opinion.

Sinu Design Low Rise OEM Seat Rail

Old 08-31-2008, 10:12 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sinu Design Low Rise OEM Seat Rail

The ability to lower your oem seat by roughly an inch does not sound too amazing, until you've done it and then wonder why Honda didn't design their seat rails to do such a thing.

There has been a lot of rave reviews about the Backyard Special low rise seat rails, and I being an owner decided to investigate what made them work and how I could shorten the lead time for them since they are always back ordered from Japan it seems.

Well everyone I'd like to say that we have finished prototyping our own rail and it is currently in queue for production at a local manufacturer. Here are the facts for everyone.
-utilizes all oem mounting points, so it's a straight replacement and will come with all hardware needed.
-lowers seat position by approximately 1 inch
-lower seat position not only helps for those that are taller, but also gives a better line of sight during driving for people of any height.
-is constructed of the finest products available by the top seat rail manufacturer in the country who has 35 years of experience with race seat setups.
-rails should always be in stock, if not the lead time is never more than a couple of weeks since they are manufactured domestically and we will always keep our inventory stocked.
-made in the USA
-we are only making the driver side currently
-there is no setting for the air bag sensor in late model years, so you'll need to attach it via a zip tie.

Here is a link to our introductory group buy
https://www.s2ki.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=627714

Here is a link to a review of the Backyard Special rails and what you can expect
https://www.s2ki.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=431345
Old 09-04-2008, 09:14 PM
Banned

i've been getting pm's regarding the difference between these and the bys rails and looking for specifics.

well basically they are cheaper in price and made here in the united states so lead time to you guys will be faster. the manufacturer has been doing seat rails for nhra and pro racing for 35+ years and are well respected in the industry so the quality is superb.
Old 09-05-2008, 05:07 PM

What company is this that is "well respected."

That's a rather ambiguous statement.
Old 09-05-2008, 08:26 PM
Banned

...no faith huh? that is understandable with the amount of poor quality products on the market developed by "professional f1 engineers" for little companies. it was intentionally ambiguous as i don't plan on letting people know directly who does the work, but from what i've already said about them many socal people have already determined who makes them as they are a local manufacturer located in long beach (that should give it away)
Old 09-05-2008, 08:53 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by silver j,Sep 5 2008, 09:26 PM
understandable with the amount of poor quality products on the market developed by "professional f1 engineers" for little companies.
Old 09-05-2008, 09:06 PM

Originally Posted by a_zepeda926,Sep 5 2008, 09:07 PM
What company is this that is "well respected."

That's a rather ambiguous statement.
Its a seat rail... not much engineering needed here...

IMO the cheaper the better. I have the OEM security system which is bolted to the underside of the seat rail, would I still be able to bolt the alarm module under the seat in the stock position?
Old 09-06-2008, 09:27 AM

its not about the engineering, but rather the build quality. im just saying being ambiguous like that is a bad appeal to authority. its just general logic.
Old 09-08-2008, 01:30 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by qbmurderer13,Sep 5 2008, 10:06 PM

I have the OEM security system which is bolted to the underside of the seat rail, would I still be able to bolt the alarm module under the seat in the stock position?
the easy answer to this is no...but....

when we were testing it out with the prototype, we were able to zip tie the alarm to the rail, but it really depends upon what position you have the seat in.

so we were able to do it, but no it does not just fit in there easily and for certain seating positions it may not be possible.
Old 09-08-2008, 03:07 PM

does your seat real go as far back as the stock unit? it seems that the bys doesnt go back as far as the stock one does, maybe by 1 or 2 clicks.
Old 09-08-2008, 08:08 PM
Banned

i did not do a direct comparison but i do not recollect having any issue with getting the seat as far back as i liked. when i get the rails in i'll get specifics on this. if it's any help, i'm 6'1 with long legs and it was plenty good for me. but like i said, i'll do what i can in terms of documenting everything i can about it.

Quick Reply: Sinu Design Low Rise OEM Seat Rail