S2000 Modifications and Parts Discussions about aftermarket products and parts including reviews, information and opinion.

Single exit exhausts...

Old 02-13-2013, 10:47 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Single exit exhausts...

Since I've purchased my AP1 I've been thinking about which exhaust I want. I know I want a single but I feel like I'm too old for "race car loud" at idle exhausts like I used to go for 10 years ago.

I keep going back to the J's 60RS in stainless. From what I've read it's quiet at idle and normal driving but gets louder at high RPM/VTEC. I won't be using a test pipe or aftermarket header, just the cat back. I think the 60RS accepts a silencer too, if its too loud still.

I'm an absolute fanboi of anything Powerhouse Amuse but the titanium scares me. No one locally is capable of welding titanium if it breaks or cracks so the R1 Titan is probably out. Plus its probably louder than the 60RS anyway.

Any other suggestions?
I like the N1 style, angled muffler - I just dont want the sound associated with it lol. I can tolerate Added noise i just dont want Buddy Club Spec 2 loud since its a street car. Here's a couple pics of my S, I think a single would look perfect.

Old 02-14-2013, 12:15 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hks 75mm single?
Old 02-14-2013, 02:41 AM

Received 9 Likes on 3 Posts

Yea the HKS sounds like it would fit, its supposed to be one of the quietest singles with a great sound. I have one sitting in my room right now haha.
Old 02-14-2013, 05:20 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Challenge usa. Has good exhausts for the s2000.
Old 02-14-2013, 09:38 AM

Originally Posted by rosario717
@op
Ive had my j's 60rs for about a year now and love the exterior look,sounds,and attention it gets since its the only s2k exhaust that has tips angled to the sides of the bumper instead of straight down the middle.. I previously had a pos invidia N1 which is garbage from top to bottom and replaced that with the j's last year and still havent found better quality n craftmanship in its pricerange. If this helps you I recently used a decible meter inside of my car since I ve always found it to be louder than people previously stated it was so here goes but once again this is inside the car with sound and drone

@warm idle. 55-57decible
@moderate city driving shifting around 3500 rpms at 30mph its averaged about 85-90
@WOT it was at 103decibles

I measure the outside sound at idle by putting the meter at the back of the car and it read 85decibles at idle constantly

It sounds great on the outside but is an attention getter in quiet suburbs for sure which is where I work so it lures in both positive n negative attention depending on where youre at..

I wish I had someone to record and fly by for for me as I drove it but I havent run into anyone that can help me out with it yet so i'll have to wait for that.
Hope that helped
I've looked at the HKS and Challenge before, I had an HKS HiPower on my RSX back in the day and it sounded and looked great but the adjustable tip on the S2000 version bugs me lol.

I wish Amuse would make a stainless version of the R1 with an optional silencer, call it the R1 SSS (Stainless Steel Street) or something cool.

All the videos I can find of the J's are revving the crap out of the car at a dead stop with no load or WOT driving. Not much for under 4000RPM rolling clips. How's the quality look in the J's 60RS Stainless?
Old 02-14-2013, 09:42 AM
Site Moderator
Super Moderator

Received 356 Likes on 309 Posts

I love my berk single. No need for a test pipe, amazing price and quality but not really the style you are looking for.
Old 02-14-2013, 03:41 PM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

If you are concerned about sound at all the the Amuse R1 would be too loud for you. I had 1 for a few years and loved it almost as much as my R1000. I too have changed to a S/S exhaust so it can be easily modified to work with my future body modifications.
Old 02-14-2013, 06:28 PM

Originally Posted by Dressed2Kill
If you are concerned about sound at all the the Amuse R1 would be too loud for you. I had 1 for a few years and loved it almost as much as my R1000. I too have changed to a S/S exhaust so it can be easily modified to work with my future body modifications.
It looks so damn good though lol. Thats what I figured, even the resonated R1 would still be on the loud side.
Amuse seriously needs to at least make one with stainless piping and a silencer you can remove.
Old 02-14-2013, 06:49 PM
Community Organizer
Community OrganizerMember (Premium)

Received 216 Likes on 171 Posts

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dz7oyJz3DkY[/media]

2006 S2000 with header 70mm berks test pipe and J's Racing 70 RS.

Mic is located on the rear bumper. So it is video is little louder than normal. Enjoy
Old 02-14-2013, 09:29 PM

Originally Posted by Bama Dave
[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dz7oyJz3DkY[/media]

2006 S2000 with header 70mm berks test pipe and J's Racing 70 RS.

Mic is located on the rear bumper. So it is video is little louder than normal. Enjoy
Everyone needs to make an exhaust video like that. Normal driving at speed at all RPMs.

70RS I've read is louder and with your test pipe it seems like that's true. I'm leaning towards the 60RS more and more since ill be using it with stock cat and stock manifold.

Quick Reply: Single exit exhausts...